Accommodation

xxMxx

Hi, wondering if you can help me.
My partner and I have been together for ten months. We are applying for a visa for a holiday for one week only.
I believe we have all the paperwork needed. I have only question, I currently live at home with my parents. Ideally I would like to stay in a hotel with my boyfriend rather than in the house with my parents, as they have never met him before and I want to respect their personal space.
Does anyone know if hotel accommodation would be acceptable for the visa application?
Thanks for your help.
M x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
It would have to be rented or owned as a hotel is temporary accommodation. They are visiting you?

I say this as in most cases if you don't have your own place usually peoples parents sponsor and then you just run off to a hotel once they arrive?

Please correct me if i am wrong as i assumed you had to provide funding, a place to stay etc to sponsor a visitor.

Even with this it can be very difficult to get a single boy such a visa

Last edited:

xxMxx

Thank you Kris. I earn enough to sponsor him into the country. I have agreed that I will take fininical responsibility for him whilst over in the country and have payslips to prove this to the embassy. It's just accomadation that's a problem. My parents have said that they would write a letter inviting him and that he can stay in the house if it's easier. They will also prove their mortgage agreement as proof. I was just trying to get everyone their own space.
M x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
They can do that and then you go stay in a hotel.

Its logical that a visitor will travel about!

xxMxx

I will do that. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated. M x

lynn

I thought that relatives cannot do any kind of support now, when they changed the rules not sure though maybe someone else has more knowledge of this?

Jane BM

I thought that relatives cannot do any kind of support now, when they changed the rules not sure though maybe someone else has more knowledge of this?
This is for a visitors visa, not spouse visa. X

ronaldinho

hi jane BM is it easy for to get a visitor visa one or two weeks as married with british citizen wife , and what is the documents needed please because i think we will plane for me to visit her there for one or two weeks , thank you

Jane BM

hi jane BM is it easy for to get a visitor visa one or two weeks as married with british citizen wife , and what is the documents needed please because i think we will plane for me to visit her there for one or two weeks , thank you
No it's very difficult.....check out the regulations on the UKVI site....the most important thing to show is your intent to return to Tunisia, ie work contract and tangible ties to Tunisia.

lynn

it is not easy it's is infact one of the hardest countries to get visa so plan on a long wait.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
it is not easy it's is infact one of the hardest countries to get visa so plan on a long wait.
They wont get the visa in that scenario.

If your not married plus he has a good job and you have a good financial situation you may stand a chance as he has a "reason to return".

If he has no job and you already married I would not give him a visitors visa as why would he go back? Its almost asking for him to overstay as his wife is in the UK.

You get pregnant he then refuses to return etc etc...he has more ties/responsibilities in the UK than Tunisia

My wife before we got married and even relatives came over on visitors visas (to meet my family before marriage)...but for single Tunisian boys with no job/poor job its very very difficult.

pbf

My husband applied for a visitors visa after we were married for 3years and together for 5years and was refused as already mentioned it was in case he wouldn't return to Tunisia