Any Australians married to tunisians?

Dolly

So now visa wise - do not apply for a visit visa, they will not get it. Ours was a rushed job as I had an emergency back home. If you want apply for the sponsored family visit visa (if you are married that is). He will need many documents (including incentive to return to Tunisia) and then I'm not sure about the success of this. As to the spouse visa - I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU GET AN IMMI AGENT!! This will be worth every $ you pay. So many documents to provide and they put great store in the statements that you and your husband provide. It can take weeks to get all the documentation together and then some and if you make a mistake the application is rejected. It is not easy nor straightforward - in fact it is very difficult and you will need guidance. Also, your partner/spouse will be required to have an interview in the embassy in Cairo. the immigration agent will need to coach them as to the questions and how they answer. Also I suggest strongly that if their English is not so great that they attend English classes or that you coach them - this counts!! Happy to give more info if you send me a message with your email. And if any of you Aussies are coming to Tunisia let me know - I'm missing Strine LOL

Aussiegal

nah dolly you are just missing me you need to own that lol.
Aussichick you just need to get the birth certificate under 21 days, dont know what state you are in I just went to Newcastle and waited for it took 20 min had in my hand that day cost $55 . I went to the sydney passport office that is where i got my non impediment to marriage cost me $90 this also needs to be under 21 days divorce papers and old marriage certificate if you need them I did.
I was told because i am residant and citizen i would have a high probability of getting the sponsor holiday visa but unfortunatly did not have the 10 thousand dollar bond yep be from africa and you get slugged hard.
F organised all the things before i got there and first day we just took my papers all to the translator next day picked them up then went to put the paperwork in and hey presto 3rd day married.

Dolly what you think of F's english honestly think he will be ok

Dolly

Hey lovely one - about to send you an email! F's English is brilliant - he wont have a problem with that part of it

Aussiegal

yeah i think so too the idiot thinks his is bad i keep telling him that there are plenty in aus that speak much worse or none at all. Oh and now i am waiting for that email i was going to message you today too isnt that weird

lou

Hi everyone,

All the replies have been great. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while to see them. My boy told me he wants to look at applying for a holiday visa, I told him I don't think there is any chance of them giving it to him and now I can tell him that a few have been denided and they were strong cases. The spouse visa seems the best option but due to finances that wont be able to be started for a little while yet. Add to that another visit, I need a miracle.

Dolly, thanks for your input. I hope being back with your man has helped your heart heal and you are feeling better every day. Have you guys, or are you,. applied for the spouse visa yet? I am trying to get my phone records for my UK prepaid numbers so I can show proof of contact but it is a long process for that, not helped by the fact that I am on the other side of the world.

Once again guys thanks everyone for the input and feel free to post anything Aus/Tune related on this thread. It is good to know there are a few or us on here too.

aussiechick

Cairo

So now visa wise - do not apply for a visit visa, they will not get it. Ours was a rushed job as I had an emergency back home. If you want apply for the sponsored family visit visa (if you are married that is). He will need many documents (including incentive to return to Tunisia) and then I'm not sure about the success of this. As to the spouse visa - I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU GET AN IMMI AGENT!! This will be worth every $ you pay. So many documents to provide and they put great store in the statements that you and your husband provide. It can take weeks to get all the documentation together and then some and if you make a mistake the application is rejected. It is not easy nor straightforward - in fact it is very difficult and you will need guidance. Also, your partner/spouse will be required to have an interview in the embassy in Cairo. the immigration agent will need to coach them as to the questions and how they answer. Also I suggest strongly that if their English is not so great that they attend English classes or that you coach them - this counts!! Happy to give more info if you send me a message with your email. And if any of you Aussies are coming to Tunisia let me know - I'm missing Strine LOL
Hi Dolly,
Good luck with your process....
Are you sure that partners /spouses actually have to be interviewed in Cairo?
What a hassle.
cheers from aussiechick

aussiechick

thanks

hun the documents needed to be married in tunisia ~ foreigner to tunisian are the same wherever you are from, as are the pre marriage formalities, (blood tests) it onlyu takes a couple of days to actually arrange the actual date. you would need to check with the wedding venue if it is available on what dates and work around that.
NO you do not need any document to say you have no family with you or a guardian or anything like that, it is normal ~ legal requirement~ to have 2 male tunisians (over the age of 20 years) as witnesses.

spousal applications are usually processed in Egypt initially for some silly reason but the application is made in tunisia.
Thanks very much for that information MellieC....am arriving during Ramadan so will have less days, as we can not of course have the wedding party (if it all goes as we hope, inchallah) until after Ramadan, and Eid also. Anyway it should be interesting. I appreciate the advice. Cheers from aussiechick

aussiechick

Birth Certificate

I got married in Hammam Sousse and my Birth Certificate had to be 20 days old or less. Make sure that your partner checks this out as 3 months seems unlikely to me. The CONI is valid for 3 months but the BC is time sensitive.
Hi Lissy,
Thanks, I will get an express Birth Certificate and hope for the best. I arrive during Ramadan so we have to wait until that is over. I assume I could get one sent to myself there if I absolutely have to, or just hope there are no delays and we can manage to get the contract signed before it runs out. Cheers from aussiechick.

aussiechick

It can happen quickly.....you say!

Hi, yeah I see that yours went quite smoothly and quickly.
When I do apply for and get the CONI, then I will see what actually occurs in South Australia. No, on my birth certificate, it does not mention my divorce. I arrive during Ramadan, unplanned, so we have to see what dates are available for the party after Ramadan and Eid. He says we can sign the documents during Ramadan but have to wait for the party. I have emailed the wilaya...no response yet, but will also ask the embassy. The Canada embassy can help me, as an Aussie but there is no Aussie embassy in Tunisia. Am getting my husband-to-be to ask at the wilaya and not just make assumptions, based on what he thinks. Your wedding was quick although it happened at New Years, so I guess anything is possible.
Cheers from aussiechick

hun, i specifically stated when i arrived etc so that you would see that in reality it was all done in a day! LOL 2 days is fine if yo are organised???? most of us are not ~ i told hubby we wold go to the embassy on the wednesday morning ~ and that he should have blood tests arranged for the wednesday afternoon and translations on the thursday lol

it would be good advice if you contact the aussie embassy in tunis ~the consular division as they will issue the CONI ~ and check with them if you need an appointment, i did this with the british embassy and told them i would arrive there about 10am and would they have someone ready please ~ more cheek than an elephants ass me lol but they did LOL I do know that some people have had to return the following day to collect the CONI.

also forgive me if your CONI has another name, i tend to think of Brits and Aussies as being the same ~ its a natural affinity thing to me same as I have with canadians!!!! (keep the union jack on your flag lol)
the CONI and Birth Certificate need to be dated within about 21 days now, although it used to be 3 months ~ this may seem strange ~ but on tunisian birth certs when they marry their birth certs are updated to show the date time and name of spouse (divorces are also on there ~ well they are supposed to be ~ thats another thread lol) Brit birth certs do not hold such info, only you know if aussie ones have anything added to them?
this is the reason for a recent copy of your birth cert, as theirs (tunes) are updated, so yours has to be recent even though it probably has nothing but birth details on it!!!!

I don't know how the system works in OZ, i would appreciate your telling me?
in the UK you go to the registrar and notify them of y9our intetion to be married OVERSEAS in tunisia ~ this notice is then "posted" in the registrars office for 21 (or 28?) days ~ AFTER this time you can collect the notice signed by the registar to say that it has been posted and there is NO LAWFUL IMPEDIMENT as to why y9ou cannot marry.

the Embassy then produces the CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT (CONI)
in french (usually) as your documents have to be in either french or arabic, don't get them done in OZ, the tunes only seem to recognise (or beleive???) those that are translated in tunisia, all major towns have translation services once you have these (again this could take 2 days) and the blood test results (on the spot usually) then you approach the mnicipality to choose the date, if you are having a big wedding at a salon, then check whats available with them and work with that at the municipality.

hope that clarifies for you what you are doing and why.

Dolly

Hello all you aussie ladies! haven't been here for a while. I'm feeling heaps better now and thanks for your kind wishes. Niz and I needed a holiday so took ourselves off to Morocco which was nice. Now all rested and feeling good. We also made the decision to stay here for a few more years. We have just planted a few hectares of olives, almonds etc and think we should look after them while they grow up. We also decided we are going to build on our land so hopefully it won't take too long as we aren't building a palace. You are all welcome to visit us - we will live in Sabalah which is near Sidi Bou Zid which is near Sbeitla - do you need directions?

So now - where are the wedding invitations?? Where are you all getting married? and if I can help with anything just let me know, I'll be happy to do whatever I can for you girls.

Newby13

Where did everyone go? Can I at least know what everyone is up to these days?

Jane BM

Where did everyone go? Can I at least know what everyone is up to these days?
Hi Newby13 and welcome to the forum...are you talking about anyone in particular?

Newby13

Hi Newby13 and welcome to the forum...are you talking about anyone in particular?
No one in particular. The tread seems to have ended a couple of years ago (typical me, I'm well behind....). I want to know how people want with visas and life in general

Newby13

Great photo. I'm trying for a visa and would like to think they'd grant it but I can't afford to think they're on my side.....

Jane BM

Great photo. I'm trying for a visa and would like to think they'd grant it but I can't afford to think they're on my side.....
Where are you from? Are you married to a Tunisian? Been there much?.....yep I'm nosey...lol...

Newby13

Where are you from? Are you married to a Tunisian? Been there much?.....yep I'm nosey...lol...
Hi. I married to a tunisian. We live in Italy but I would like to take him to Australia with me. Tried a short stay visa last year but got rejected. Have hired a MARA to help with spouse visa. Will take some time though. Yes I have been to tunisia (about 5 times) and found the forum lady year but have been watching hoping someone might still use it - alas no. I'd like to pick up the threads from 2010 and find out how long aus visa processes took and how everyone is going. I'm a sticky beak too....

Newby13

My iPad is faster spellchecking than my brain...

Jane BM

Have the same problem with my iPad...it always comes out as in instead of on....lol...

Are you Italian yourself then? I'm getting confused...or Australian? Is it a holiday to Australia or permanent?...is your husband with you now in Italy with a spouse visa? Ill be honest I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as far as visit visas for Australia though!!! Don't know who would...so is it help you're getting now with the visa for Australia? If you went through the process before but it was rejected, have you 'corrected' their refusal points? Sorry for so many questions...

Newby13

Have the same problem with my iPad...it always comes out as in instead of on....lol...

Are you Italian yourself then? I'm getting confused...or Australian? Is it a holiday to Australia or permanent?...is your husband with you now in Italy with a spouse visa? Ill be honest I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as far as visit visas for Australia though!!! Don't know who would...so is it help you're getting now with the visa for Australia? If you went through the process before but it was rejected, have you 'corrected' their refusal points? Sorry for so many questions...
Nope. I'm australian from Melbourne. The MARA will do the spouse visa but I'd like to get a short stay one (just 3 weeks) so he can meet my family (they are together so rarely). Some of the Aussie girls were talking visas in 2010 but they've all disappeared.... I thought they might have some useful tips

Newby13

The really sad thing is that when we got married in Rome, the folks at the official place laughed when I said I was from Australia and asked was I sure I wasnt American? Because that would be so much easier.... No one seems to get along with the Aus govt