Any bad experiences..

aljaye

I used to get a taxi back to the hotel (to do the walk of shame and wake my friend ..lol) every morning after spending the night with my BF. The taxi driver charged me 5 td. When I told my boyfriend he was really annoyed, it should have been 2TD, the next morning the Taxi we flagged down got a right pasting in Arabic poor man before I even left. Two days later another one tried the five dinar approach but I gave him two and pointed to the meter. Not a lot he could do as we were outside the hotel by then! If they dont try and rip you off I'm more than happy to leave tips and spare change. But dont expect it..because I'm a tourist doesnt mean I'm rich and I am normally scrabbling for money myself!

N

nela

we are fine thanks and hoping to get some good news shortly... or i may shout again.. going for a schengen visa to spain tomorrow for makem.... wish us luck....
ps. i dont have a middle name but maybe i will give myself one x
good luck hun and let us know x x x

sparkle

roulla do you have any objections to be feeding this back to thomson office who will then feed back to marharba palace hotel manager and i will do this with any other hotel complaints that thomson use whether they were thomson customers or not

ROULLA

roulla do you have any objections to be feeding this back to thomson office who will then feed back to marharba palace hotel manager and i will do this with any other hotel complaints that thomson use whether they were thomson customers or not
Morning Sparkle, hope that you are in good health! Be my guest, infact i can even tell you the name of the person who was staying there and had an awful time...My friend is Caribbean and her and her family were very upset with not only the hotel but the way she was treated by some people from the Uk which i felt quite ashamed of myself....Jasmine , my friend was told by some members of the public that she should not be there as she is black, and that she should go back to where she comes from, how bloody rude, don't you think ? My friend Ramzi came down to a coffee shop called the verander to cheer them up and to sing a bit for them and i must i was really shocked at the looks that her family was getting its disgusting...After all we are all human beings , no matter what colour our skin is.....She is the most polite person you could ever meet and so are all her family...
May i also say that the Tunisians were very friendly with them....

sparkle

Roulla I will feed back

regards x

sparkle

I cannot beleive that people still behave like this - its disgusting

ROULLA

Yes Sparkle believe it hun, you get all sorts all over the world.....

Black Mamba

My boss once gave me 50 Euro that were in his pocket before he leaves for France and told me to take them.I took them to the UBCI ( my personal bank) and I asked so much more than I knew so I went to another bank, UIB, there a woman shouted at me because I wanted to ask someone at the counter, I shouted back telling her how stupid and f***** ignorant she was and that she should be ashamed of herself being an old woman and saying bad words.

I went to the BIAT and I got 92 Dinars for that 50 Euros, not bad.

A taxi once wanted to take 10 Dinars from me!!! from the airport to drop us ( me and a foreign mate) in the centre of Tunis, I said no, either you take 5 Dinars( and I was being generous) or we look for another taxi, he said ok.

The key is to show that you know your rights and that you're not weak.

Black Mamba

Morning Sparkle, hope that you are in good health! Be my guest, infact i can even tell you the name of the person who was staying there and had an awful time...My friend is Caribbean and her and her family were very upset with not only the hotel but the way she was treated by some people from the Uk which i felt quite ashamed of myself....Jasmine , my friend was told by some members of the public that she should not be there as she is black, and that she should go back to where she comes from, how bloody rude, don't you think ? My friend Ramzi came down to a coffee shop called the verander to cheer them up and to sing a bit for them and i must i was really shocked at the looks that her family was getting its disgusting...After all we are all human beings , no matter what colour our skin is.....She is the most polite person you could ever meet and so are all her family...
That's the most stupid thing I have ever heard.:mad:

ROULLA

That's the most stupid thing I have ever heard.:mad:
Hi Black mamba hope that you are in good health! The people that she felt that she had been mistreated by was the British, it's shameful...

sparkle

I agree some people are so small minded

Black Mamba

That stuff makes me so sick.

ROULLA

The thing that gets me is that she was so frightened that she does not feel safe to go to Tunisia again, i have reassured her that it must of been the one off and that Tunisia and Tunisian are wonderful people..Hey theirs good and bad in every country, but to tell you the truth People have always been nice with me, telling you it must be the mean look...:D

sparkle

well it sounds like it was other tourists being mean so she shouldn;t have a problem going back to tunisia as the locals are lovely but i know where she is coming from when you have a bad experience anywhere for whatever reason you just never want to go back to that particular place in case it happens again x

bobby g

If I live to be a 100 I will never understand this mentality.:( We all belong to the human race, cut us and do we not bleed the same. Maybe some of us are more human than others. My mother always used to say "It's not the outer wrapping on a parcel that's important it's whats on the inside that counts". I think that holds for people too. :)
We can only hope that these ignorant people who mistakenly believe they are somehow superior are in the minority. I hope your friend doesn't let it put her off going back in the future.

ROULLA

Hi Bobby g hope that you and your family are all in good health! Yes she told me that she would never go to sousse again as that was a bad experience, i mean 10 British people all ganged up on them, i just wish to god that i was there, i would have gone mad, called the police and everything..Jasmine my friend said that she asked the hotel staff to call the police but she is not sure if they did not understand or they were just frightened themselves as these Brits were Leary she said..I doubt if the Tunisians were scared, well none of the ones i know are scared anyhow...Not the ones in Nabeul anyway...Bless her Jasmine and her family had to spend their days walking about to avoid being in the hotel as they did not want any trouble....Next time i shall invite them to Nabeul with me....

sparkle

thats awful - im ashamed of these types of brits they go abroad and get drunk and cause trouble and give us a bad name

ROULLA

Yes hun so very true....

bobby g

thats awful - im ashamed of these types of brits they go abroad and get drunk and cause trouble and give us a bad name
I'll second that, It never seizes to amaze me when some people go on holiday they act as if they were at home. No consideration for local people who have to put up with drunken or loutish behaviour. I like a drink as well as the next person, but I prefer to keep my wits about me when abroad.
Not that I drink to excess at home mind.:D ....think I'll shut up now I think I'm rambling again...:eek: Led Zeppelin song..."Ramble on" ~ I think written with me in mind...LOL:D:p

ROULLA

Morning bobby g , Hope that this message reaches you and your family in good health!

No consideration for local people who have to put up with drunken or loutish behaviour.

Agree with you 100%