any flight will do!!!!

lainie

hi all
just spoken to UKBA immigration at Glasgow airport and they tell me that tunisians CAN travel on ANY flight with ANY airline as long as they have a valid visa and there is an International Immigration Presence at the airport 24 hours per day - which there is.

There is nothing in the immigration rules about travel by scheduled airline only therefore it is erroneous company policy by thomascook etc to not sell flights.

Might be worth contacting TC etc to see what they say.

maynardlynne

good news especially if u are from up north. better than traveling to gatwick/heathrow to meet hubby

lainie

yes and no - if TC won't sell the flights then it's a no go.

lynn

yes and no - if TC won't sell the flights then it's a no go.
to be honest, I don't feel like going all the way to london, they make everything hard but what about thompsons?

FoxyRoxie89

Lynn I think Thomson might be the brreak through here, somebody said last year that they knew somebody who's ubby flew with Thomas Cook or flew ot from Enfidha and the office they booked from was Sousse.

Isnt the office in Sousse, a thomson office?

Whereas office in Hammamet, thomas cook?

lynn

I hope so, would make things a lot easier for people.

maynardlynne

there is a thomson office in sousse

lainie

les orangiers. i think in khsema

lozz

hi all
just spoken to UKBA immigration at Glasgow airport and they tell me that tunisians CAN travel on ANY flight with ANY airline as long as they have a valid visa and there is an International Immigration Presence at the airport 24 hours per day - which there is.

There is nothing in the immigration rules about travel by scheduled airline only therefore it is erroneous company policy by thomascook etc to not sell flights.

Might be worth contacting TC etc to see what they say.
Hiya, I was told the same at Newcastle airport but as I was on the last flight out on 4th Jan we had to travel back to london anyway. Thomas Cook will not have it though so I don't know when they will actually sell a one way back to here.

caveatemptor

This is a UKBA rule but maybe it is a Tunisian rule that residents of Tunisia have to fly schedule.

missmetal

Ya, maybe it's the airport tax (to leave the Country) that if you have not done so in the past, they make u go thru Tunis as the other airports are not bothered with managing that?

LittleMissSunshine

There is apparently a Tunisair flight now from Monastir to Manchester on a Saturday if that's of help to anybody...

crazypink

There is apparently a Tunisair flight now from Monastir to Manchester on a Saturday if that's of help to anybody...
They are not flying there at the moment - some problem or another. They are flying Man-Enfidha though.

gem15

Han402

It is to do with the stamps from the different airports or so I thought. If you need to speak to Thomson then Emma is brilliant in Sousse. I know if you have come in on a thomson or thomas cook flight you can go out of tunisia on one so your hubbies only need to go from Carthage once. Hope this helps

daffodil

OK thanks anyway for telling us about the other one being stopped

LittleMissSunshine

This will be stopping as from Feb or March!
:( Ahh well. That's a shame as it would've been convenient for a lot of people. Saves the long old trek to London. Thanks for the heads up Gem xxx

DebbieZebbes

Thomas Cook sold hubby his first flight to the UK from Monastir to Manchester, there was no problem buying a flight from them, however Monastir airport wouldn't let him depart from there when he tried to check=in, so the flight left without him and he had to re-book and travel from Tunis to London