Application for citizenship Help!

DanniBibo

Hi all..
So my Husband has been in the UK for 4 1/2 years now and has held his indefinite leave to remain for a year and a half. Can anyone point us in the right direction for applications for citizenship and how to apply for the british passport too. Also any advice would be much appreciated. Its all a bit daunting and dont want to fill in the wrong forms etc.. also I keep forgetting to look things up in the evenings and only remember when my toddler is running rings around me haha. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi DanniBibo nice to hear from you. I'm sure one of ours Moderators will have some answers for you when she logs on.

Jane BM

It's pretty straightforward to be honest now....he'll have his Life in the Uk pass certificate and English language from his ILR.

Go onto the UKVI site and look for naturalisation, it's not that long a form, obviously there's the cost...very little paperwork in comparison to initial visa and ILR, no financial stuff needed. Then send it off...they will then contact you when it's being processed. Once he's received it they'll issue him with his application for a passport. X

DanniBibo

Thank you so much! All documents printed and being sent off this week. You ladies are gems on here! Wouldnt of got through the visa process and everything else without this forum xxx

Lovinglife

I am from N.S and planning to come to Tunisia for a visit with a man I met on line. We only met like two month ago. He fell In love with me he is 24 And I 39 big age differents. Know we are still talking through face book but I have a consurn about him wanted to marry right away and he wants me to stay there with him. I need to know what should I do I make this happen?

scotty_bambam

I am from N.S and planning to come to Tunisia for a visit with a man I met on line. We only met like two month ago. He fell In love with me he is 24 And I 39 big age differents. Know we are still talking through face book but I have a consurn about him wanted to marry right away and he wants me to stay there with him. I need to know what should I do I make this happen?
Be wary of anyone that wants to marry right away.don't let him pressure you.stay in a hotel ,separate rooms.be in control...not him.

Trulymadlydeeply

Run for the hills......

Lovinglife

Be wary of anyone that wants to marry right away.don't let him pressure you.stay in a hotel ,separate rooms.be in control...not him.
Oh yes thanks, I am planning on goin there like in August not right away. I have to know him much better before any kind of love affair.. Just saying that how could someone so young fall for women my age..

scotty_bambam

Easily.there's a large age gap with me and my husband,but there are many scammers in Tunisia "bezness boys".they make a career of taking money and gifts from women. Offer him nothing.promise him nothing.get to know him slowly. All the best.

Trulymadlydeeply

Generally speaking even when you think you know them you don't. They (in the bezness trade) are extremely good actors!!!

Essem

Staff member
Oh yes thanks, I am planning on goin there like in August not right away. I have to know him much better before any kind of love affair.. Just saying that how could someone so young fall for women my age..
As long as you have a pulse and a purse.................

Scottochott

He hasn't fallen for you, you've fallen for his bullsh*t. I bet you've already sent him money, am I right?

Lovinglife

Easily.there's a large age gap with me and my husband,but there are many scammers in Tunisia "bezness boys".they make a career of taking money and gifts from women. Offer him nothing.promise him nothing.get to know him slowly. All the best.
That's my plan thanks so much..

Lovinglife

He hasn't fallen for you, you've fallen for his bullsh*t. I bet you've already sent him money, am I right?
Nope he didn't ask for money at all. Hell no! not giving him money. He has a job and of course he is Muslim. Like u said he could be talking smack .. He can't Con a Con.

Lovinglife

Sorry I am little off about this and I am on the site right now lol wow it's crazy man but I can check the blacklist if he is on there lol

Avaleene Mhimdi

Hi everybody. Can anyone here help me to do the transcription of my marriage and my daughters birth certificate there in Tunisia. We are in the Philippines now. My husband abandoned us two years ago. Thank you all.

andshe

I recommend this website - https://www.fiverr.com/hatimj/translate-from-english-to-arabic-and-arabic-to-english if you need from Arabic to English. It's only $10 for a page. But in Tunisia they usually will only accept a document if it is 'legalisé' which means a member of the Tunisian govt has confirmed its legitimacy (and stamped and signed it). For this I recommend you go to the nearest Tunisian Embassy and talk to them. They should be able to provide this service. Every child born in Tunisian to a Tunisian parent is also issued a 'carnet de famille' which is proof of birth and parentage etc. It is very important that your children have these documents and again the Embassy should help you in this regard. Don't let them tell you they can't do it, always insist and keep asking until you find someone who will help you, even if you have to beg!

Hi everybody. Can anyone here help me to do the transcription of my marriage and my daughters birth certificate there in Tunisia. We are in the Philippines now. My husband abandoned us two years ago. Thank you all.

Avaleene Mhimdi

I recommend this website - https://www.fiverr.com/hatimj/translate-from-english-to-arabic-and-arabic-to-english if you need from Arabic to English. It's only $10 for a page. But in Tunisia they usually will only accept a document if it is 'legalisé' which means a member of the Tunisian govt has confirmed its legitimacy (and stamped and signed it). For this I recommend you go to the nearest Tunisian Embassy and talk to them. They should be able to provide this service. Every child born in Tunisian to a Tunisian parent is also issued a 'carnet de famille' which is proof of birth and parentage etc. It is very important that your children have these documents and again the Embassy should help you in this regard. Don't let them tell you they can't do it, always insist and keep asking until you find someone who will help you, even if you have to beg!
Thank you for the info. I already did try to reach out the nearest embassy here but they refuse because there reason is it should be my husband who will request for the transcription. But how? The problem is he already abandoned us. No communication with him for two years. I will try the link that you send me. Thank you for helping. God bless you and your family. Regards from Philippines... =)