Applying for a Tunisian passport when 18+

yn7

Hey

I'm half European (father) half Tunisian (mother). I'm in my 20s and I want to get my Tunisian passport (first time). The embassy of Tunisia in my country told me that I need to apply for it inside Tunisia because I'm above 18.
I have sent an email to Présidence du Gouvernement - Unité de l'administration électronique a few weeks ago for more information on what documents are required of me but they have not replied back yet.
Does anyone have more information regarding the process?

Thanks in advance!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey

I'm half European (father) half Tunisian (mother). I'm in my 20s and I want to get my Tunisian passport (first time). The embassy of Tunisia in my country told me that I need to apply for it inside Tunisia because I'm above 18.
I have sent an email to Présidence du Gouvernement - Unité de l'administration électronique a few weeks ago for more information on what documents are required of me but they have not replied back yet.
Does anyone have more information regarding the process?

Thanks in advance!
Have a long think before you commit to getting your Tunisian passport.

You will be asked for the stamp on exit if you use it only.

More importantly European nationals have the right to consular assistance so if you are arrested or something else happens they may not assist you if you enter on a Tunisian passport.

In terms of the actual procedure your local embassy should be more helpful as its literally their job. I would expect a form and instructions as the administration inside Tunisia is a nightmare unless you have time to visit stand in queues and use your charm/cash to speed things up