applying for a visitor visa to uk

lizzalee

hi i was wondering if anyone could give me a wee bit advice n point me in the right direction lol my fiance (tunisian)is planning on applyn for a visitor visa soon he is living and working in qatar at the moment and plans to come over in sept for one weeks holiday and hopefully attend my friends wedding .we know (i hope/think lol) the paperwork and docs he will need to provide but i am unsure of what kind of supporting docs i should provide?i am not paying for his trip but he would b stayn at my family home and i do intend to help out with some spending money when hes here perhaps .so i was wondering if any1 has ny advice or knows what i kind of things i should b putting together ?and also do i send him out all the origonal copys and photocopys to submit with his aplication or would i b able to email them to him to print out?thank u in advance if nyone can help me think the more i look at the ukborder website the more confused i get!!lolx​

lizzalee

anybody able to help ?

Trulymadlydeeply

If you take a look in the visa section on here lizzalee you will see many posts regarding a visitor visa. Once you have looked through them if you are still unsure come back and fire away....

lizzalee

thank u think its abit clearer !lol.only thing im still bit unsure of is-i stay with my parents and A would b stayn with us for his weeks holiday i take it my mum needs to put in a supporting letter along with mine stating he can stay with us but would she also need to provide info of her being the home owner or the size of house ,no of rooms etc?n ifso wot kind of proof?it is only a week he is coming for so not sure if i need to?if anybody could help id b really greatfull thank ux

Jane BM

thank u think its abit clearer !lol.only thing im still bit unsure of is-i stay with my parents and A would b stayn with us for his weeks holiday i take it my mum needs to put in a supporting letter along with mine stating he can stay with us but would she also need to provide info of her being the home owner or the size of house ,no of rooms etc?n ifso wot kind of proof?it is only a week he is coming for so not sure if i need to?if anybody could help id b really greatfull thank ux
I havent done a VV Lizzalee so really i dont know a great deal about it, but thinking about it, if he gets a visitors visa i dont know, does it matter to the Embassy if he is here for a week or a month? because isnt it valid for 6 months so in effect he could come and go for those 6 months..I would without a doubt throw everything at them, a letter from your Mom definitely and yes id probably do the other things that you suggest as a precautionary measure...however i do stress i have no more idea about VV's than you do and perhaps someone who HAS done a VV can give you more informative advise as opposed to just an opinion.

And of course you need to provide as much evidence to them as regards his 'intent to return' home.

lizzalee

hi thank u it helps to get others opinions on it much apreciated!yes that was kinnda the way i was thinking 2 better puttin it in than not it just gets so confusin!lol the intent to return part is hard but we can only but try he has a good contract and has a 2 year visa for qatar which is tied to his contract his employer is bein really helpful he needs permision to leave the country from them(qatar employment rules)which they will provide and a letter stating he has permission to take a weeks holiday and when he starts again a copy of contract etc and have asked him to find someone to act as a garintor for him ie put x amount of money down sayn he will return (this is for his employer rather than visa)i really dnt know how else to show he plans to return there ny ideas?think its impossible to prove beyond doubt!

Jane BM

Yes id agree that it is difficult to prove beyond doubt...guess they have to work on 'probabilities' here..however his situation does sound pretty convincing, as long as all the documents that he has from his employers are included and id spell them all out to the Embassy so there is no cause for confusion or ambiguity. As you say if you can also get all the relevant paperwork from this end as well...i think it helps as well if he has a healthy bank balance so can prove that he can afford to fund himself while he is here.

lizzalee

think im just gonna throw everythin i can at them lol i am kinnd hopein that because of all the hoops he has to jump thru with the qatar authoritys just to get permision to exit the country on hol it should help a little fingers crossed and the fact he already has a visa to b there means he has got his police report n stuff from tunisia already and a much better idea of wot he is doing than me!!!l

lizzalee

hi everyone here i go agian lol this is prob a really stupid quiestion lol think my brain is starting to shut down sorry:confused: does anyone know when im doing my letter of invatation for vv do i write it personaly to my other half or do i write it as a formal letter to whover is reading the visa app?

Jellycat

When I did a visitors visa I did a letter to my husband inviting him ( very artificial really)and a letter to the Entry clearance officer. In the Eco letter you could spell out the incentives the applicant not to overstay.

lizzalee

ah cool that makes sense thank u!lol i am act so bad at writin letters i never know wot to write iv done a rough draft for the eco just hope it covers everythin n sound ok lol shal work on one to the other half tomorrow!thanks for ur helpx

*Jess*

When I did a visitors visa I did a letter to my husband inviting him ( very artificial really)and a letter to the Entry clearance officer. In the Eco letter you could spell out the incentives the applicant not to overstay.
Jellycat, is there any other documents that should be included in a vv application? I've got the bank statements (savings), letters of invitation and one to the Entry Clearance Officer. Going by the information that is on the supporting documents provided by the UKBA I can see or think of anything else that should be included. No doubt having a dumb moment after reading all the pages!

bobby g

Our Morocan friend recently visited us in the UK on a VV, I am sure the procedure is pretty much the same. We sent a letter of invitation to him, general stuff really about things to do and see on his visit etc. also proof of our address where he would be staying and photo copies of passport. He had to show he had money in the bank to fund his trip, no problem for him, and also something from the head at the school where he is a teacher, I guess to prove he has good reason to return.Like a class of youngsters next semester..;) he did have to have all his paper work translated into English at a cost to himself, I thought this was a bit unfair as he teaches English LOL but it had to be an officially recommended translator.

He just got a flight with easy jet and here he was. From booking his appointment with the embassy online it took a week from his appointment to getting his visa. Hope it's as easy for your boyfriend. :)

Jane BM

Jellycat, is there any other documents that should be included in a vv application? I've got the bank statements (savings), letters of invitation and one to the Entry Clearance Officer. Going by the information that is on the supporting documents provided by the UKBA I can see or think of anything else that should be included. No doubt having a dumb moment after reading all the pages!
Jess did you include documentation to prove his 'intent to return'?.. From what I can gather this weighs quite heavily with them..

Trulymadlydeeply

I think not as straight forward when it is boyfriend/girlfriend situation as more reason to than to return in most cases..

Lovely photos of your friends visit bobbyg :)

*Jess*

Jess did you include documentation to prove his 'intent to return'?.. From what I can gather this weighs quite heavily with them..
Yep, hubby is getting a letter from him employer to say he can have the time off as luckily for us he's not contracted to work during the 6 months we want him to visit here!

*Jess*

Y
I think not as straight forward when it is boyfriend/girlfriend situation as more reason to than to return in most cases..

Lovely photos of your friends visit bobbyg :)
Yes I've heard that and people say its harder when your married as well but hopefully because my husband has an intent to return it will go fine. Many people have been lucky with vv and they have been bf/gf or married :)

Jane BM

Yep, hubby is getting a letter from him employer to say he can have the time off as luckily for us he's not contracted to work during the 6 months we want him to visit here!
And will his employer also write that he has a job to go back to? Something firm and definite?...I say this because 6 months is a long time for a Boss to give an employee time off work with something definite to return to at the end of it.

*Jess*

And will his employer also write that he has a job to go back to? Something firm and definite?...I say this because 6 months is a long time for a Boss to give an employee time off work with something definite to return to at the end of it.
Yes that will be included in the letter - he only works 6 months of the year april/may till october - which again will be stated in the letter.

Trulymadlydeeply

Good luck with the application jess, sounds like you have it all covered :)