Applying for visa, needed documents?

Hi,

Me and my husband are applying for the schengen tourist visa for him, we have to do it through the embassy Finland. I have heard they were pretty strict in this embassy. I just wondered if what i have is good enough, i know what papers he will need to give nbut i am not sure about mine? A visa invitation, a birth certificate, a copy of the journal from the doctor the piece where it mentions my social Security number and due date, a print from the social number site where it says i am married and so and so and a letter that says our marriage is registred here from the municipalite. So yes we are married and i am pregnant with him. Anybody with experiences on applying for visa through the embassy of Finland?

Jellycat

I have no experience of a visa for Finland .if you are Finnish and live in Finland your embassy may ask why he is applying for a tourist visa rather than spouse visa. I would think the best source of nformation is the Finnish embassy web site and info on Finnish immigration law. good luck

missmetal

Im not sure if I understand the question, do you both need to apply for a schengen visa? Here is what I found.

http://formin-origin.finland.fi/Pub...80711&nodeid=35334&contentlan=2&culture=en-US

However, when my hubby applied for France, I gave a copy of my british passport and showed that we both had travel insurance, and both our itineraries - plane tickets and hotel stays or letters from our friends saying we were staying with them.