Appointment advice

Njt11

hi,
Just wondering...I'm going to Tunisia in November, we are getting married next year and also applying for visa. We are going to apply for visa straight after wedding, so I wanted to make an appointment to speak to someone regarding everything for both visa and marriage, I've read everything, meet criteria, but does anyone know, can we put visa in before we are married, but still apply for the spouse one? By the time he makes his appointment to hand in evidence we will be married. I would like to make an appointment to see someone so I have everything right in my head, and I know exactly what to do, and when to put visa application in. Can you just make a general appointment at embassy or is there somewhere else I should aswell as or instead of embassy?? Sorry for long post, I just feel like I need to speak to someone face to face so I can ask allllll the questions I need to, any advice would be great!!thsnks very much xx

scotty_bambam

hi,
Just wondering...I'm going to Tunisia in November, we are getting married next year and also applying for visa. We are going to apply for visa straight after wedding, so I wanted to make an appointment to speak to someone regarding everything for both visa and marriage, I've read everything, meet criteria, but does anyone know, can we put visa in before we are married, but still apply for the spouse one? By the time he makes his appointment to hand in evidence we will be married. I would like to make an appointment to see someone so I have everything right in my head, and I know exactly what to do, and when to put visa application in. Can you just make a general appointment at embassy or is there somewhere else I should aswell as or instead of embassy?? Sorry for long post, I just feel like I need to speak to someone face to face so I can ask allllll the questions I need to, any advice would be great!!thsnks very much xx
I have had a lot of advice from the immigration lawyers at citizens advice...I asked similar question re timings.I was told I cannot submit until I have all my papers.cannot submit in advance.for example.my number 6 bank statement will be available on 31 october,so the soonest I can submit is 2 Nov as can only submit in office hours currently.on 2 November a new service is available where u pay about £70 to submit out of hours.you can also pay £360 for a premium service ..decision within 3 weeks as opposed to 12 weeks.

Njt11

You are always so helpful @scotty_bambam thanks so much xx have an amazing time next week when you see your man ❤ And hope everything goes to plan for you xx

Jane BM

hi,
No you can't apply for the spouse visa until you're actually married, but you can make all the preparations prior to it.

Njt11

Thanks @Jane BM so we can do the application online as though we are married, then it's just to submit after the wedding, I did think about that. Can we make an appointment for him to hand in evidence before we submit application? Thanks x

Shazza100

You cannot book an appointment until your submit the application so I am afraid not but you can complete the application and save it. Then submit it after the wedding. Just remember your application date is the date you submit not the date you go to the application centre. When we submitted the application - we had the pick of dates so just pick the next available date and that's it.

Shazza100

Sorry can you explain the submission in office hours to me? It's all online. Are you saying you cannot submit the application on 31st October or 1st november? oh OK just editing my post you mean submission as the date you go to the appointment centre? not the date you submit online?

Njt11

Thanks @Shazza100 so I can't even go for general advice?? I hate not speaking to people face to face...especially with something so important! When you submitted your app were the appointment dates available close to application submission date??or did you need to wait a while??xx

Shazza100

I cannot answer the point about general advice...I am not sure about this.

When we submitted the application online there were very close appointment dates I recall even the next day but we wanted one 2 weeks later and was pleased to see all dates were available but I cannot guarantee it but I am sure you could submit and get an appointment to go to the appointment centre within a few days to hand in the paperwork. You really won't know until you press the submit button.

scotty_bambam

Sorry can you explain the submission in office hours to me? It's all online. Are you saying you cannot submit the application on 31st October or 1st november? oh OK just editing my post you mean submission as the date you go to the appointment centre? not the date you submit online?
Tlscontact say that from 2 November they are offering a new service whereby you pay extra money to be able to submit your application out of office hours.I will have to wait till Monday 2 Nov because this new service will not be available to me on 31 Oct.. I want the appointment Friday 6 Nov.

Shazza100

Do you want the appointment on Friday 6th November at the visa centre out of office hours is this what you mean?

scotty_bambam

Do you want the appointment on Friday 6th November at the visa centre out of office hours is this what you mean?
No.that's not possible.I will have normal appointment hopefully on Friday after submitting application on Monday..... But for other people,from Monday you can pay for your application outside of office hours if you select this service as an extra.its all on the tlscontact website

Shazza100

Sorry, may be I am being really silly but i don't understand why you have to wait until Monday to submit the application online and why you don't submit it online on the weekend? You might have more of a chance to get the appointment you want. The out of hours is only for the appointments and not for submitting the paperwork. i am a little confused why you said you have to wait until Monday to submit after receiving your bank statement on 31st October. You could do it Friday evening or Saturday or Sunday to submit your application. As far as I am aware there is not bar on submitting the application on the weekend.

scotty_bambam

Sorry, may be I am being really silly but i don't understand why you have to wait until Monday to submit the application online and why you don't submit it online on the weekend? You might have more of a chance to get the appointment you want. The out of hours is only for the appointments and not for submitting the paperwork. i am a little confused why you said you have to wait until Monday to submit after receiving your bank statement on 31st October. You could do it Friday evening or Saturday or Sunday to submit your application. As far as I am aware there is not bar on submitting the application on the weekend.
In that case one totally missed understood what I read.I'll go on there again.in any case I can't submit until Saturday afternoon after I have my final bank statement in my hot little hand...I'm off to have another read...

Shazza100

Okay I just didn't want you to miss the earliest time you could submit the application to try and get the date of appointment you want.

scotty_bambam

Okay I just didn't want you to miss the earliest time you could submit the application to try and get the date of appointment you want.
Thanks.he's just informed me he's b3 still isn't ready anyway! He's already had one done and translated but its now over 3 weeks old..do you know if I can register my email at TLS of does it need to be him?

Jane BM

Thanks.he's just informed me he's b3 still isn't ready anyway! He's already had one done and translated but its now over 3 weeks old..do you know if I can register my email at TLS of does it need to be him?
A B3 being 3 weeks old is fine.....it's valid for 3 months.

scotty_bambam

A B3 being 3 weeks old is fine.....it's valid for 3 months.
Really? I knew all other docs 3 months but thought I've read various places b3 was 3 weeks

Jane BM

Nope it's valid for 3 months