Cake........

Nainai

Hey guys,

Wondered if you could help, I am wanting to take a personalised bday cake across to Tunisia with me as hand luggage. I have spoken BA and they have informed me there should be no problems with secruity at Gatwick and fine to take onboard but they wasn't so sure if it would pass through secruity on Tunis side due to cream being in the cake (dairy product).

Does anyone know if this would be a problem or have experience taking one across?

Thanks

p.s. I know they have fab yummy cakes but I have one specially for this occasion!hehe

Essem

Staff member
I don't think you'll have a problem taking in a cake Nainai.

marhaba

hi, well im taking my wedding 3 tier cake through on sunday with ba from gatwick to tunis so i shall let you know. ive also had email off BA saying its fine as its a solid food.

Nainai

Thank u for your answers ladies.

That would be great if you could let me know if you have any problems Marhaba, I'm due to travel in 10days :)

Good luck for your wedding ;)

xxx

FoxyRoxie89

How much cream I only ask as security at Bristol took sudocrem off me !!

Nainai

oh :-/

Well i guess inside is standard victoria sponge type filling. Cake is roughly A4 size with jam & cream filling. I'm worried now :-/

x

FoxyRoxie89

oh :-/

Well i guess inside is standard victoria sponge type filling. Cake is roughly A4 size with jam & cream filling. I'm worried now :-/

x
I didnt mean to worry u, was actually kinda laughing at how pathetic it was to take sudocrem off me- when I am travelling with a baby and sudocrem is nothing like liquid, its thick!

lainie

love it, roxie!
sudo smuggler

crazypink

they do ask you if you are carrying any liquids or creams.......... it does say this before you go through customs. They dont even allow make-up. Im sure they would have let you take one of them tiny pots of sudocreme through for while you were on the flight. The big tub could have gone in your case.

I have brought cake back from tunisia with no problems - but never taken cake with me.

Nainai

Well it looks like I may have to scrap that plan as my very cheeky hubby has had a nosey on here and seen that I was planning to bring him a cake! haha. :D ;)

But c'mon with the sudocream, surely they realise its an essential baby item! lol.

Still interested if you have any problems Marhaba, also is your cake filling with cream or is it fruit? x

crazypink

To be fair you can buy really good birthday cakes much more cheaply than here. I love tunisian cake!!!

FoxyRoxie89

Well it looks like I may have to scrap that plan as my very cheeky hubby has had a nosey on here and seen that I was planning to bring him a cake! haha. :D ;)

But c'mon with the sudocream, surely they realise its an essential baby item! lol.

Still interested if you have any problems Marhaba, also is your cake filling with cream or is it fruit? x
Well the sudocrem was medium/small pot and only had abut left in it, but he said they have to go by the ml on the tub!! bought some in duty free anyway!

marhaba

its fruit cake! and the bottom base is heavy halleluja for 7kg hand luguage lol

Marie1959

The cakes in Tunisia are wonderful and I have had some that have been personalized for the children who have had birthdays while we were there much nicer than here and cost me 10 dinar unbelievable!!!!!!!

lainie

i agree marie

my engagement and wedding cakes were fab and so tasty.
everyone remarked on how unusual they were.

the engagement cake had 3 tiers and what looked liked a big chocolate circle stuck on the top with our names on it.
my wedding cake was heart shaped and said happy marriage.
esp loved the choc hearts on it - yum yum

might just pretend its my birthday next week when i go just to get a cake, lol

Nainai

hahahaha, Lanie thats a great excuse to go to the cake shop!

The cakes really are yummy there, our wedding cake was amazing and on top had like peanut and honeycomb pieces which i decided to pick off the whole cake and eat! haha

I will just have to organise another little surprise! hehe

FoxyRoxie89

Only got to eat one piece of our wedding cake, expensive mouthful that was!

lainie

hahahaha, Lanie thats a great excuse to go to the cake shop!

The cakes really are yummy there, our wedding cake was amazing and on top had like peanut and honeycomb pieces which i decided to pick off the whole cake and eat! haha

I will just have to organise another little surprise! hehe
sounds a bit saucy, lol

FoxyRoxie89

I have to say, Nainai from your avatar u and hubby look like a beautiful couple- but I cant see your faces lol

Nainai

Hahahahaha, Lanie not that sort of surprise! hehe

Ahh Roxie may have to change the pic but perhaps great idea my face is hidden :oops:!! hehe