Can a Tunisian work legally in France or another UE contry?

bluey_ro

Hello everybody!

I hope u can help me with this :)

I want to find out if a Tunisian can work legally in France, and under what circumstances.

He is living now in Tunisia, and does not have a visa. :D If he finds a job in France, can the employer send him a contract or something, and obtain legal papers and "droit du travail"? If he can obtain legal papers like this, how long does it take, and what are the steps to follow? :confused:

If u have some information about the labor code that applies in UE for Tunisian citizens, please let me know.

Thanks!!!

sparkle

An employer who has offered you a job can apply forthe visa for your behalf but I am not sure how long this takes

omarabid

how to find the job in france? Plus Not all the companies can get you VISA!

Advice: Choose US or UK

bluey_ro

Hello and thanks for your answers,

I will try to search more on the internet to see the French conditions of eligibility for this type of visa, related to Tunisia. But I think it applies only to highly specialized positions, domains where there is a lack of labour force in France.

Omarabid, in UK the policy is different from France, regarding the employment of Tunisian foreigners?

Thanks again!

MellieC

Hello everybody!

I hope u can help me with this :)

I want to find out if a Tunisian can work legally in France, and under what circumstances.

He is living now in Tunisia, and does not have a visa. :D If he finds a job in France, can the employer send him a contract or something, and obtain legal papers and "droit du travail"? If he can obtain legal papers like this, how long does it take, and what are the steps to follow? :confused:

If u have some information about the labor code that applies in UE for Tunisian citizens, please let me know.

Thanks!!!
he can apply for a Schengen Visa to VISIT France, and IF he is able to find a job, he can stay.
The schengen Visa is NOT easy there are several conditions to meet for him to get the visa, however if you are married he can travel with you to France or to join you if you go to france. Again its not exactly that simple but thats the basic outline.

I do have something floating about here ~ about Tunisians working in france as there were (don't know if it still applies) different rules for them working in france. I will look it out and let you know.

bluey_ro

Hello MellieC,

Thanks for your answer, it's very helpfull. We plan to get married soon, but I just wanted to see if he can come in UE more quickly :) As far as i know, it takes a while until he can obtain residence permit and only after this we can go togheter in France. I am not a French citizen and I am not living in France now, but I'm thinking about moving there.

If u find out something else about possible different rules for Tunisians working in France, please let me know. :)

Thanks so much to all of you!

lovesarrow

Hi,

What is the current situation about a Tunisian getting to France?

UK visas are a no-go for us since I am freelance and earn under £18K, but I do speak French so we're considering living there if we can get him a job and a visa.

Jane BM

You need to look up the Surinder Singh route LA... You'd need to go to France first...

lovesarrow

Hi Jane *waves*

I know that in order for us to live together in the UK we'd need to go via France and the SS route. That's several steps away atm.

Right now getting him into France and able to work legally has me stumped.

Jane BM

In theory the same applies I'd imagine....people use the SS route as a way of coming back to the UK, however you don't have to come back to the UK....to exercise your EU treaty rights you'd need to be in the country you're going to apply from....then he should be able in theory to join you"...but I don't know all the details to be honest LA....but it's definitely doable!

Mrs H

My brother in law is married to a polish girl who had been living in the uk for 7 years but when they applied for the family permit she had been in Tunisia for 3 months had no job or accommodation in the uk and the visa was granted within a couple of weeks. Don't know if the rules are different for France but I wouldn't think so.

lovesarrow

My brother in law is married to a polish girl who had been living in the uk for 7 years but when they applied for the family permit she had been in Tunisia for 3 months had no job or accommodation in the uk and the visa was granted within a couple of weeks. Don't know if the rules are different for France but I wouldn't think so.
Not sure I understand Mrs H. If she's Polish it doesn't matter where she's been living, she's still Polish. She hadn't been in Tunisia long enough to require a visa to stay there - 3 months is the cut-off for a visit - so she would have been considered to be there on holiday.

What nationality is your brother in law? My fiance is a Tunisian national, so the rules will be different to those for an EU person.

lovesarrow

In theory the same applies I'd imagine....people use the SS route as a way of coming back to the UK, however you don't have to come back to the UK....to exercise your EU treaty rights you'd need to be in the country you're going to apply from....then he should be able in theory to join you"...but I don't know all the details to be honest LA....but it's definitely doable!
It sounds like I would have to be in France before he applied to come over to join me?

Any idea how he could get to France under his own steam?

Mrs H

Not sure I understand Mrs H. If she's Polish it doesn't matter where she's been living, she's still Polish. She hadn't been in Tunisia long enough to require a visa to stay there - 3 months is the cut-off for a visit - so she would have been considered to be there on holiday.

What nationality is your brother in law? My fiance is a Tunisian national, so the rules will be different to those for an EU person.
He's Tunisian. What I'm trying to say is that an ea family permit will always be approved. As an EU citizen you are allowed to stay in any other European country with your husband. My point was that they applied from Tunisia for the visa to the UK. She didn't have a job or a permanent address. As far as I'm aware you can apply to go to France together. You wouldn't have to be already working and living there.

Jane BM

It sounds like I would have to be in France before he applied to come over to join me?

Any idea how he could get to France under his own steam?
Mrs H is right....it's called an EEA family permit. Not sure what the particular requirements are for France, you'd be best contacting either their Embassy or have a look on our own Government website as to how it works...there is a FB group called EU freedom of movement, may be worth having a look on that.

lovesarrow

He's Tunisian. What I'm trying to say is that an ea family permit will always be approved. As an EU citizen you are allowed to stay in any other European country with your husband. My point was that they applied from Tunisia for the visa to the UK. She didn't have a job or a permanent address. As far as I'm aware you can apply to go to France together. You wouldn't have to be already working and living there.
I see! We would have to be married for that, wouldn't we?

lovesarrow

Hmmm... it is only for non-Brits. :(

"You can apply for an EEA family permit to accompany your family or partner to the UK (or join them after they’ve arrived) if:

Jane BM

Hmmm... it is only for non-Brits. :(

"You can apply for an EEA family permit to accompany your family or partner to the UK (or join them after they’ve arrived) if:

That's because you're on the British site.....lol....so you should check the French site, because then you'll be the EEA member in a host country....ie France.

lovesarrow

That's because you're on the British site.....lol....so you should check the French site, because then you'll be the EEA member in a host country....ie France.
Oops! Thanks for explaining :wacky: