Can anyone explain why Tunisian's need a visa to leave ..and the cost and process..please

Mely

Hi....i'm new to this site and about to visit Tunisia in about a month to meet a guy who I have been talking to for the last 15 months...if it all goes well...we want to look at him coming to visit me ..and possibly live and work here in my country. .hopefully we have a future ..but we will see after we have our time together to see if we want more ( i'm not stupid and not going to be scammed etc...he has never asked for anything etc..wanted me to live there with him .) So at this point I do trust him. I just want to understand the issue of having to have a visa to leave. ...he will be able to get a visa to enter my country under a partnership visa if I support his application. ...which I think I will if all goes well with my visit...any advice thanks

Youssef11

Visa is a regulation that countries use to limits foreigners to enter their land, and kind of know who is entering the country. I would say most of European countries mandate a visa on Tunisians to enter as they think Tunisians are red flag. Good luck

Mely

Visa is a regulation that countries use to limits foreigners to enter their land, and kind of know who is entering the country. I would say most of European countries mandate a visa on Tunisians to enter as they think Tunisians are red flag. Good luck
Hi....I don't think anybody understood my question ...yes I know he needs a visa for entry to my country ..which with my support should be no problem ..what I want to know about is the visa to leave Tunisia ...he has been told he needs this also ...thanks

Trulymadlydeeply

Where do you live Mely? I think you’re getting confused here, he needs a visa to travel to most other countries. It isn’t 2 visas he needs just the correct one to visit you.

Mely

Ok...he has told me he needs a visa to leave Tunisia....is this not true now? ..I know he needs one to enter my country..which we will sort...but he keeps telling me he needs one to leave

Trulymadlydeeply

As far as I am aware the visa he needs is for entry clearance to your country. They will check his passport when he leaves to make sure he has this visa.

Mely

As far as I am aware the visa he needs is for entry clearance to your country. They will check his passport when he leaves to make sure he has this visa.
Great...I had never heard of needing a visa to leave. .I know all about him needing to enter and work visa etc...so I double check when I visit next month...thanks

gem15

Maybe he's talking about the exit stamp which you need as a resident to leave Tunisia.

Great...I had never heard of needing a visa to leave. .I know all about him needing to enter and work visa etc...so I double check when I visit next month...thanks
What country are you in? Visa regulations are different for different countries. If he’s visiting for example he cannot work so that’s 2 different visas. You will need to be sure which one you need.

Maybe he's talking about the exit stamp which you need as a resident to leave Tunisia.
Yes...do you have to pay for that..apply in advance and how much is that...thanks

Yes we will make sure he has correct entry for my country. That is no problem ..

Yes we will make sure he has correct entry for my country. That is no problem ..
I think you’ll find it is a problem getting him in to your country! A visit visa is nigh on impossible to get ,even for married couples! I think you sound naive and will have a rude awakening! And if he told you he needs a visa to leave,then he’s lying to you....a massive red flag already

Mely

I think you’ll find it is a problem getting him in to your country! A visit visa is nigh on impossible to get ,even for married couples! I think you sound naive and will have a rude awakening! And if he told you he needs a visa to leave,then he’s lying to you....a massive red flag already
Why do you think I will have a problem...in my country if we can prove we have a relationship ..he can enter under a partnership visa and then can apply for a work visa .....he has been told he needs a visa to leave ...BUT he is not sure either ...we are planning a visit to immigration in Tunis when I visit ..so we both understand...no red flags ..he has never asked for money he works....and I may yet choose to live there ..if I prefer......so red flags where .

Well I don’t know what country you’re from,but I’ve never heard of it being that easy for a Tunisian to get a visa! Especially visit visa

Mely

Well I don’t know what country you’re from,but I’ve never heard of it being that easy for a Tunisian to get a visa! Especially visit visa
Always a process to go thru to get a visa ...and as long as we follow it ..we don't anticipate too many problems ...and if we run in to any we will get an immigration lawyer to sort it out ..BUT I doubt we will need to ..he just needs a chest x ray...a police report and my support ..and proof of relationship....so if I want him to come then he can...I was talking to him again about leaving visa ...he still thinks he needs one because he gets paid cash in his job and doesn't pay tax....somehow he thinks this will cause a problem....he is worried....he has been told he has to pay to leave ..a huge sum of money ....which he doesn't have ...nor will I pay it ...he knows this and would never ask....he would go to Italy illegally and leave from there once he has a visa for my country if it comes to it .....BUT we would prefer to do this properly...I keep telling him that he is not being told the truth either...others trying to rob him...anyway ..I will visit immigration once I am there with him....and he knows that I will...so he is only saying what he believes to be true ...BUT I think he is being mislead...

gem15

Yes...do you have to pay for that..apply in advance and how much is that...thanks
He gets the exit stamp from the airport in the day and I'm not sure on the cost but a few years ago it was 60tnd. I haven't left Tunisia I'm a while so it may have increased now. I've never heard of an exit visa costing lots of money.

just to let you know they will ask him or her how mush money they have because they want their money to stay in tunisia my friend from there went to paris and they asked him how much he told them and they took all of it so its better not to tell them everything when its about your money they say it is for the stamp just a hush hush about how much you do have ;)

Last edited:
The exit stamp is abolished now ! Since the sousse attack