Car hire Sousse and deposits

S

Samantha Coster

Hi

I am looking to rent a car in Sousse for 3 days and need to find a car hire company that takes a small cash/card deposit or only an imprint of my credit card. My credit cards are at the limit but I can put some money on them. Reading the term & conditions of online carhire companys I have found online seem to want to put a hold on your card for £600 or cannot tell you as it is a 'local' issue despite being an international company e.g europcar. Also do you know if you can purchase additional insurance in the event I actually cause an accident and even decrease excess to zero.

Thank you

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Samantha and welcome to Tunisia.com.

Do you know anybody in Tunisia/sousse? Reason I ask is the locals can normally get a good deal.

caveatemptor

Hi Samantha and welcome to Tunisia.com.

Do you know anybody in Tunisia/sousse? Reason I ask is the locals can normally get a good deal.
Regarding insurance, I pay around £40 for annual cover on car hire excess insurances, this is just for Europe but worldwide cover is also available. Just google car hire insurance and take your pick.

Donasterian

I dont know about sousse but i hired a car out from monastir. it cost me 60 dinars a day and the deposit was 800 dinars via my credit card ,this was only an imprint on carbon paper which was handed back to me once i returned the car back. Driving is pretty hectic if travelling around certain cities (tunis mostly) and the amount of deposit you will pay while also reflect on the quality of the car that you will receive for eg 300 dinars deposit will get you a banged up fiat punto with only 3 nuts on a tyre and a warped rim whereas 800 dinars deposit will get you a nice renault symbol. good luck cos its a jungle out there!!!!!!

Scottochott

I have rented cars lots of times over the years and have never paid either a deposit, nor excess insurance. Perhaps large international companies booked online may ask this, but the smaller local agencies do not. I too can recommend the company Essem posted above