Carpets

Gordy

Hi

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to have a carpet shipped back from Tunisia to the UK?

I'm hoping I'll be able to buy a nice rug (as we call them in the UK) for the living room of our house.

Thanks

Gordon

Aslemma

The Soula Centre would probably be the best place to enquire about this as they ship to all over the world. If you walk up the stairs to the carpet department you will see them lined up with their shipping labels attached ready to go off. You may be able to get something a bit cheaper elsewhere but at least here you won't get too much hard sell and there won't be problems with shipping etc. If nothing else it would be worth talking to them to give you an idea of shipping costs before looking elsewhere.

Gordy

Thanks for the reply! That's good to know, I don't mind paying a little more for a good product and service.

Aslemma

I've occasionally seen a lady there actually weaving a carpet though she's not often there. Although I've never bought a carpet I've often had a look through there and have never been bothered by a salesman, though he usually sits at his desk and will be happy to advise if asked.

Essem

Staff member
You might also be asked to pay import duty when it arrives in the UK. I know of a couple of buyers who had to pay, not a lot, but adds to the cost of the item.

Scottochott

You might also be asked to pay import duty when it arrives in the UK. I know of a couple of buyers who had to pay, not a lot, but adds to the cost of the item.
Yes, you have to pay vat on any purchases over a certain value (I think £300), so keep receipts to show uk customs. If you spend over this I'm sure a friendly carpet seller will provide you with "alternative" paperwork, this was certainly the case when I bought goods in Morocco! Shipping costs are surprisingly low.

ROULLA

Hi

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to have a carpet shipped back from Tunisia to the UK?

I'm hoping I'll be able to buy a nice rug (as we call them in the UK) for the living room of our house.

Thanks

Gordon
Hi Gordy and welcome to the forum!

I have managed to bring a large rug over, by having it well wrapped, folded in half and tied loads of hard wearing rope. Once at the airport you can have it bubble wrapped for 5tnd.