Cattery!

rachyrach

I was hoping for some feedback, advice etc on opening a cattery in Tunisia - in Kantaoui. I have the space for it, but it wouldnt be very big, maybe with space for 3 or 4 cats.

Do people think that there is a need in the area for this, I certainly cannot find any catteries here and having 2 cats myself, i think that expats, reps etc may find the use for one.

Any feedback, positive or negative is appreciated.

Thanks

salim

I think if you want to lanch a new business there you need firstly set the segment you want to target! You business is target the tunisian or tourists who take their pets( cats) with them or the both ? i don't think tunisian give their cats this kind of care maybe you must to think about tourist , don't forget evrey business should be gainful before thinking about can i achieve or not this idea ! good luck

Shandos

Our Vet already takes in cats and small dogs... I know of two in that area that do it...
Good luck with it though!

ROULLA

I was hoping for some feedback, advice etc on opening a cattery in Tunisia - in Kantaoui. I have the space for it, but it wouldnt be very big, maybe with space for 3 or 4 cats.

Do people think that there is a need in the area for this, I certainly cannot find any catteries here and having 2 cats myself, i think that expats, reps etc may find the use for one.

Any feedback, positive or negative is appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Rachyrach hope that you and your family are all well! I did not realise that you are now living in Tunisia how is it going ? I think that is a great idea as there are a few expats who live in Kantaoui and I am more than sure that those living in Tunisia would buy a cat from you especially if they are looking for a cat and they would know that it has been looked after properly housed and cleaned. You can only but try and see how things go. The thing is that it is not just the looking after, food and so forth they also have to have things like their injections so you have to take all these things into consideration.. I remember a few years ago when we got 2 cats from the RSPCA in Hammamet and we got charged 40tnd for the injections plus we needed some sort of box to take them home in and that also cost 40tnd and then we got some cat shampoo which was 10tnd so it all adds up and as long as you are making your money back then I don't see why it should not work..Good luck and let us know:)

Aslemma

I think it could be a good service, particularly for ex-pats who need their cats properly looked after whilst they go back to the UK on holiday, or indeed go anywhere which entails the animals being left temporarily.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I would think that would only apply to expats, on the other side of the coin expensive dogs especially very nasty dogs as the fashion in Tunisia but then again you probably would not want to look after them.

When i lived in bizerte I only had to put a bowl of food outside and instant loan cat for a few days I also remember loads of new Kittens about this time of year which was nice ..... until one by one they all got run over by crazy drivers on the route panoramique 40mph>really 60-70mph.

rachyrach

Thanks for all your replies. Yep It would be aimed at expats/reps etc who want their pets looked after properly whilst away.

Anyway that has given me something to think about and plan .

Thanks again :)

Jane BM

Thanks for all your replies. Yep It would be aimed at expats/reps etc who want their pets looked after properly whilst away.

Anyway that has given me something to think about and plan .

Thanks again :)
I do something similar here in the UK for dogs, for when people go in their hols. I've found that people would much rather know that their pet is being treated as a family pet rather than put in a kennel. Us Brits generally love our pets so WILL pay out for this service, because I don't think the locals there would...lol, so the ex pat market I think is great for you. Best of luck with your venture.

ROULLA

Us Brits generally love our pets so WILL pay out for this service, because I don't think the locals there would...
I agree with what you have said Jane and yes animals are treated more like part of the family here in the UK rather than just a pet.