Certificate of No Impediment

SEANITA

I was certain I read somewhere that the Cert of No Impediment had to be issued only 15 days before my marriage but cant find were I read this. Now I am thinking that maybe I've been getting confused with the birth certificate and this certificate is not as time sensitive as it. As I am getting married at the end of February would I be OK to give my Notice of Intention into the registrars office in the next week or two or were my previous thoughts right. It'd be great to be able to start the ball rolling now as I'm convinced somethings gonna go wrong. Thanks in advance.

jacqui0414

Hi Seanita

You have to apply for your cert of no impediment and it takes 21 days to get this but when i got mine i was told its only valid for 3 months, your birth certificate has to be issued within 21 days of you getting married also (this is what i was told at embassy) and this was ok for when i got married

good luck

Jacqui x

SEANITA

Thanks Jacqui. It'd be great to get it applied for in case of any problems. I had been going to leave it to middle of January so I'd get it back just before I went but if I could apply for it in December that'd be one less thing to worry about!!! Though I'm sure I'll find something else!! Wouldn't be me if I didn't!!

Bigbrother

If I was you I'd get my certificate of no impediment (takes 21 days before it is issued to you by your local registrars office) and birth certificate done (I mean ready by and physically in your hands) 7-10 days before you leave home and then get married asap when you arrive in Tunisia if that's possible. I think the issues are around the birth certificate validity …Best wishes.

jacqui0414

dont worry im sure eveything will work out in the end :) any questions you know there are alot of people here who can help :) and i am online most of time during the day to answer if i can

Jacqui

SEANITA

Thanks. Its just making sure the papers are all proper when I get there. I really don't want to get there and discover I've gotten something to early. I knew the birth cert was 21 days and as I say I had it in my head the cert of imped was similar. But if I have 3 months I'll drop in my Notice of Intention in early Decmber get it back just after Christmas and then it'll be within the 3 months. At least if I have that in my hand it'll be one less thing to worry about!!!

kellyc

Hi

Hi ya,

Ah I know the feeling its such a worry, but yes you definately have a 3 month validation on the certificate of no impediment. I also worry about the birth certificate as my visit back to the UK is in March and my wedding is in May, so Im relying on my parents to bring my birth cerificate with them 4 days before the wedding day, and the panic that it will go wrong is driving me mental, I keep having images of arriving on my big day being walked up the aisle by my father and then being refused marriage in front of the 100 guests that will be there Aaaahhh.

Nizar.M

Certificate of No Impediment (EEA National)

iam an eea national from the republic of ireland and living in england and will i need to obtain a certifacate of lawful impedement before i travel to tunisia to marry...? THANKS

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
By giving notice at your local registry office.

To do this go and speak to them and they will help :)

SEANITA

Do***ents Needed With Notice of Intention

I went today to give in my Notice of Intention taking my passport and birth certificate with me as I was told to both when I phoned and when I read the web page of what I needed to take. Anyway it turns out the rules have changed and you now need to take a utility bill confirming your address in UK if you are marrying a foreigner abroad. I was never told this so just so yous all know and don't make any wasted journeys. Now I've gotta wait to Monday - thank god i hadnt left the application to the last possible minute!!!

karenc

Hi Seanita

You have to apply for your cert of no impediment and it takes 21 days to get this but when i got mine i was told its only valid for 3 months, your birth certificate has to be issued within 21 days of you getting married also (this is what i was told at embassy) and this was ok for when i got married

good luck

Jacqui x
can you help me please when applying for cert of no imped can i apply in uk for me and my partner or do we need one each one for him in tunisia i am really confused and does it need to have an exact date and place

jacqui0414

Hi Karen

You can apply in Uk for one it covers you both, didnt have the exacr place to give them or the date they just told me to put rough date and area.

Hope this helps

Jacqui x

karenc

thanks for that .Hope you dont mind if I ask for more info

sparkle

what is one of those??

delly

hiya
me and my patner plan to marry in august but i am so confused about the cert no imped i dnt understand how to go about gettin 1 or about the validation or the timings of when to get it and its the same with my birth cert. also about the medical cert do i have to get it here in the uk or over in sousse?
please help!

sparkle

oh i didnt need that as im getting married in uk

jacqui0414

even when you marry here you need a cert of no impediment as far as i know

sparkle

we have certificates both of us and no one has ever mentioned those i take it this is what we have ...... i hope so anyway ha ha

Bigbrother

Sparkle when I looked into this over 2 years ago to marry in London I was advised that I would still need to get a notice to marry, which is a certificate of no impediment - filed for 21 days. To get married in a registry office, church, or registered venue i.e. hotel or restaurant you need a Notice to Marry. If you're gonna marry in a Church of England Church you don't need one. Not sure if its still the case now though, you might want to check :)

delly

well i read on the embassy website that i do need all then things this jus i dnt no how to go about it