Certificate of No Impediment

Jane BM

My family have been asking me what the party will be like and what to expect the event to be like and i dont quite know`what to say!
Ive had my appointment with registrar to apply for my CONI, once that is sent back to me should i get it translated before i go to tunisia?
No..just take it to the British Embassy in Tunis and they'll do it....to save two trips you can scan and email it to them and then just make an appointment with them to go and pick it up and pay of course!!

The wedding itself...well you know how typical Brit weddings are run with military precision and timed to the second!!!! Well it WON'T be like that...lol....it really depends where you are getting married though,if it's big or small...if its a Muslim wedding or civil one....it's very very different to British weddings...and I've had 2 before...one in Church here and one in Gretna green....all very different.

My wedding last year in Tunisia was very relaxed and easy going, yet it didn't miss out on any of the traditions and customs..expect to be kissed a lot!!!!!

gemmak

No..just take it to the British Embassy in Tunis and they'll do it....to save two trips you can scan and email it to them and then just make an appointment with them to go and pick it up and pay of course!!

The wedding itself...well you know how typical Brit weddings are run with military precision and timed to the second!!!! Well it WON'T be like that...lol....it really depends where you are getting married though,if it's big or small...if its a Muslim wedding or civil one....it's very very different to British weddings...and I've had 2 before...one in Church here and one in Gretna green....all very different.

My wedding last year in Tunisia was very relaxed and easy going, yet it didn't miss out on any of the traditions and customs..expect to be kissed a lot!!!!!
That sounds really nice, my fiance said our wedding will be a big famiy event, the party being the main part with lots of dancing, and yes his family and friends kissing to welcome me! I really like the sound of it being more relaxed and fun rather than formal. il still be very nervous though!
I think my family that is going to come to our wedding is just worried about what to wear and that they may not be able to have a drink!;) x

gemmak

Ask your hubby Gemmak, are you not arranging it together?
Ask your hubby Gemmak, are you not arranging it together?
Hi trulymadlydeeply, well his family are looking after most of the arrangements for us, im happy to go with the flow as im sure they will make it a very special day. I've been with my fiance to meet the person who's doing the music for our party and i think im going to need some comfy dancing shoes... x

Jane BM

That sounds really nice, my fiance said our wedding will be a big famiy event, the party being the main part with lots of dancing, and yes his family and friends kissing to welcome me! I really like the sound of it being more relaxed and fun rather than formal. il still be very nervous though!
I think my family that is going to come to our wedding is just worried about what to wear and that they may not be able to have a drink!;) x
Well they don't need to dress quite as formally as they would in the UK, but they still can if they want to...you'll find a right mixture of attire there..some people really push the boat out and are sequinned to within an inch of their lives and then you'll find a few in bloomin jeans!!! I'd recommend something along the lines of going for a nice meal in the UK for the women's attire...and a suit for the men...and yes they are generally sober affairs, not that you'd believe it when you see the dancing etc....we did allow alcohol at our wedding, all we asked was that those who drank respected others there and didn't put it in their face...so they sat at a table where no one would be offended....

As far as your shoes!!! I bought some sparkly flip flops...lol

ailsa

That is great information to have Ailsa, thank you so much!
What was the wedding ceremony like, and the party afterwards?
And how did your husband find living here at first and how is life together in the uk going now? x
I was so nervous on the way to the ceremony! My husband came to pick me up from our apartment then we had a 1 hour drive to the ceremony. All his friends were in their cars too as a big procession with honking horns every time we passed through a town. The wedding ceremony was conducted in Arabic so I didn't know exactly what was going on! Lots of friendly, smiling faces though so I felt totally at ease. I actually work at a hotel & run weddings so it was nice for me to experience something different. The afterparty was at an open air venue - still really hot even though it was about 10pm. We had a DJ with some great Tunisian music and hardly got a chance to sit down. Comfy shoes are a must! No alcohol was available but really it wasn't needed anyway. We then had plenty of photos taken with all the extended family memebers then some more dancing!

My husband is loving it in the UK so far, hopefully he won't change his mind when we get to winter! He's been here 1 month & has started work, opened a bank account & is starting to feel very much at home. Even taken up an interest in gardening! He gets on well with my friends & family but misses a few of his close friends from back home. I'm really grateful that my work was able to give him a job straight away & has made a real effort to make him feel part of the team. He's got to have his own space & feel like he's contributing and not relying on me all the time. It really makes you appreciate being together though when you've spent so much time apart xx

gemmak

I was so nervous on the way to the ceremony! My husband came to pick me up from our apartment then we had a 1 hour drive to the ceremony. All his friends were in their cars too as a big procession with honking horns every time we passed through a town. The wedding ceremony was conducted in Arabic so I didn't know exactly what was going on! Lots of friendly, smiling faces though so I felt totally at ease. I actually work at a hotel & run weddings so it was nice for me to experience something different. The afterparty was at an open air venue - still really hot even though it was about 10pm. We had a DJ with some great Tunisian music and hardly got a chance to sit down. Comfy shoes are a must! No alcohol was available but really it wasn't needed anyway. We then had plenty of photos taken with all the extended family memebers then some more dancing!

My husband is loving it in the UK so far, hopefully he won't change his mind when we get to winter! He's been here 1 month & has started work, opened a bank account & is starting to feel very much at home. Even taken up an interest in gardening! He gets on well with my friends & family but misses a few of his close friends from back home. I'm really grateful that my work was able to give him a job straight away & has made a real effort to make him feel part of the team. He's got to have his own space & feel like he's contributing and not relying on me all the time. It really makes you appreciate being together though when you've spent so much time apart xx
It is so nice to hear that you have both had a positive-sounding experience, at your wedding and also with his move to the uk, thank you for sharing that :) Im nervous but very much looking forward to our wedding ( 9 weeks to go!) and then we face the visa process! How long did it take from his application through to him moving here? x

Scottochott

I've been to some local weddings, and some do have alcohol, but it's usually served quite discreetly and for the men only! But it's your wedding so have what you want! Enjoy.

Jane BM

I've been to some local weddings, and some do have alcohol, but it's usually served quite discreetly and for the men only! But it's your wedding so have what you want! Enjoy.
That was me...lol....under the table!!!

Jane BM

It is so nice to hear that you have both had a positive-sounding experience, at your wedding and also with his move to the uk, thank you for sharing that :) Im nervous but very much looking forward to our wedding ( 9 weeks to go!) and then we face the visa process! How long did it take from his application through to him moving here? x
Things have changed now with the visa process Gemmak...with all decisions now taking place in Paris..as yet not many people can tell us how long it takes...
Mine took a whopping 10 weeks in November last year...yet earlier this year there were a lot of decisions made literally in days...they do have 3 months to make a decision...well they used to anyway...in fact I think they can take longer if necessary but generally don't.

I used one in Bizerte, if your husband can get there then I can pm you their details no probs.
hi jane i am needing some more advise could you please tell me what my husband needs to pass english test

he has got a1 in cambridge esol is this ok

lainie

yes

i have been told that this is not valid by uk immirgration

university of cambridge esol examinations
cambridge esol entry level certicate in esol
international (entry 1)
council of europe level A1

lainie

does it say KET - key english test?
if so fine

Reba1986

English test, just another money making scam in my opinion, millions of people flood over to the UK and cant speak or understand a word of English and have no intention of.