Certificate of No Impediment

Jane BM

Hi ,
just wondering if someone can help me, my marriage certificate, does this need to be translated at the british embassay for a uk visa application?
Yes, anything that isn't in English needs translating.

gem15

My husband got a VV and he didnt need his birth cert or marriage our cert translated. I think it all depends on which visa u are applying for.

maynardlynne

Hi ,
just wondering if someone can help me, my marriage certificate, does this need to be translated at the british embassay for a uk visa application?
i would go to another translater for other docs as the embassy charge you a fortune. just get coni translated at aembassy.

Jane BM

i would go to another translater for other docs as the embassy charge you a fortune. just get coni translated at aembassy.
She's asking about visa application Lynne not about having papers translated for wedding.

Jane BM

My husband got a VV and he didnt need his birth cert or marriage our cert translated. I think it all depends on which visa u are applying for.
Yes I think you're right, it does, for settlement though documents have to be translated into English, think I read though that they no longer have to be translated by a certified translator, just translated, as a way of keeping costs down for the applicant (bless them!!).. but they state that the translations will be checked by the Embassy's own translators should they feel the need to.