Cheap calls to Tunisian mobiles????

kellyc

Hi everyone,

Maybe someone can help, i want to ring the UK to speak with my parents, but it is so expensive, i know in the UK we can purchase international calling cards, does anyone know of any cheaper ways to ring the UK from Tunisia, maybe Kris can help.

Thanks

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
RE: Calling UK from Tunisia

If you can get near a computer then Skype is good either skype to skype or skype to phone.

Regards,

Kris

clairyc

I know all about high phone bills [:mad:]. Returned home from 2 weeks in Tunisia to a £140 bill. That was only 2 phone calls home and some texts. Most of my money went on calls/texts to Tunisian sims.
You can buy Pay as you go Tunisian sim cards from most big phone shops for between 10TD-25TD. Apparently if you get a local to buy it then it will be cheaper because they rip off the tourists.

Hope this helps

kellyc

Hi yeah i have a tunisian sim card but you can only talk for about 10 minutes and that costs about 5 dinar, will keep looking x

rv

heya!

It doesn't work when I try to call a Tunisian number!

I know it's the right number because they called me when I was in Tunisia but now I'm back in the UK I tried to call it and it says it is an incorrect number!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Could it be my network? (virgin mobile)

x

clairyc

5 dinar for ten minutes sounds great to me! I was about £10-£15 for calling uk for under that. Will def give it a try. It's cheap for me to call tunisia from uk but it's when I'm in country I seem to rack up the bills! Thanks... top of my list.

W

weemap

might be your network - you may have to call up and have them allow you international calls....

But this mind sound silly but are you putting the zeros infront of number??

rv

hehe yehh I do!

I tried callin' again yesterday and it worked!! yay!! :)

But I still don't recieve um...

Thanks for yas help anyway!!!:)

x

Mak

I think the best way to call from Tunisia to Europe is to use the Public Phones (Taxiphone ) that's what i do .... just you insert few coins (3 or 4 dinars ) and that's it

Makrem

beckijj

cheap calls

im really not impressed i have just come back to the uk for a few weeks and so being apart from the my boyfriend iv obviously been calling him. well just had my phone bill. £120. so not happy. when i was on t-mobile best minutes cost 10p per minute and it was only 10p per minute. but now i have used my mobile on o2 and its so much more expensive because of the surcharge on it. i do wish they stated which companies do charge and which ones dont.

sorry about the moaning just its so expensive. so if anyone got any alternative cheaper ways on o2 then can you let me no. :confused:

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
The wife uses a company call mobile world which charge around 14p to 20p per minute.

jacqui0414

cheap calls

Hi

before my husband came here i used best minutes they were 10p per min :)

Jacqui

RachaelLahmar

Hiya i use a card called talk home! Which i think is pretty good i get 130 minutes for £5. Not sure what that works out per minute?

beckijj

hi thanx for that everyone, rachel where do you get your cards from can you get them on the internet. im having to use the house fone while i am att my mums. i no i am only here for a few weeks but from going from being together everyday to not seeing them at all its killing me!!!

beckijj

hi shirley thanx for the reply, i have been using best minutes on my mobile, as im only staying with my mum so i think i will just have to give the money when the bill comes in.

samwella

The wife uses a company call mobile world which charge around 14p to 20p per minute.
This is available from carphone warehouse and works like a normal pay as you go sim for your mobile which is good if you want to call back to your loved ones whilst away from your landline..you just add credit like normal...back to tunisia is normally charged at 21.3p per minute and texts are charged at 15p...not as cheap as some of the cards you can buy but then you can only use these from your landline so if your out an about all you need do it just swap your sims over and make your call

RachaelLahmar

Phone Cards

Im not sure where you live Becky but in my area i usually get them form the corner shop that is normally owned by pakistani's no offence but they often have to ring abroad as well so they may either be able to point you in the right direction or sell them.

I hope it doesnt cause any offence!

beckijj

im sure it wont take offence, i understand anyway. thanx for the help. im using bestminutes off my mums fone at the mo. but tryin not call as much, so he calling now cus e thinks i aint goin call hee hee. just cant wait get back over now. its dragging on now.

angiebabesxx

hi there does anyone know which internet to use

i want to take my laptop home to tunisia and im not sure about the connection i live in an old village its not a tourist place how do i get connection to hse and does anyone know what it would cost

cheers