Cheapest way to send large parcel to tunisia

Nobody

Ha ha! How do they know that though? In England I think that they open them anyway just in case!!
In the UK, they open them for money, cheques and credit cards. :)

skele

I can't tell you how many birthday cards have gone missing because they think there might be cash in them. So you think normal post should make it to Tunisia?

I've used normal post to Tunis.It was quite expensive dancing shoes and they got there ok.

Nobody

I can't tell you how many birthday cards have gone missing because they think there might be cash in them. So you think normal post should make it to Tunisia?
Send registered or fast mail, both will be stamped in each station and can be traced.

stephstanley

Is there no one who is going over who would take it with them?

skele

Okay thanks, will do.

sianperkins89

i sent an important letter by recorded delivery and it got there as planned. but i've also sent letters via normal post and they haven't got there, or they've taken so long to get there, same with receiving. i've been waiting for a letter now for more than 2 weeks :(

skele

Getting married in 3 and a half weeks, if it gets lost I'm screwed!

sianperkins89

send it recorded delivery, it's more likely to get there and less likely to be intercepted by postal workers. i've been told if they see a letter coming from europe they like to open it to see if there's money or something....not to say that they would ALL do that. but maybe that's what happens to letters that get lost...
recorded delivery would be best, it shouldn't be too expensive, i sent a large document once and it was only 5 pounds. :)

skele

Because the registry office want all the documents 1 week before the wedding and I'll only be there a few days before.

stephstanley

Because the registry office want all the documents 1 week before the wedding and I'll only be there a few days before.
Ah seems there being just as diificult as the registrar who we have got, seems they like to make things difficult!

Soltef

send it recorded delivery, it's more likely to get there and less likely to be intercepted by postal workers. i've been told if they see a letter coming from europe they like to open it to see if there's money or something....not to say that they would ALL do that. but maybe that's what happens to letters that get lost...
recorded delivery would be best, it shouldn't be too expensive, i sent a large document once and it was only 5 pounds. :)
I think my neighbours monitor the local post boxes, then tip off their postmen friends, when they know I've gone out-no wonder somew of my post goes missing...Use recorded delivery if it's an important/sensitive item!

Youssef

Letters usually arrive quite safe, since there is nothing in the envelope that can be eaten or smoked or sold. :)
well My Sweet Woman Sent me a Box....
there was in Cakes,,Candies,,1Hat,,Packs of cigarettes,,candle,,Phone and a Letter..and othe few things...i got them all safe but there was a missing cigs pack (Marlboro)...

Youssef
*Youssef:)Loves:)Dawn*

SEANITA

I have to say personally I wouldn't send it by post just in case. I'd get fiance to ask can you not send over a fax then when you get there you will bring the original.

scarlett rose

Hi Skele well I am furious as I sent my guy a parcel OCTOBER 26th and he has just told me he never received it and when he went to collect it the Post office told him it has been sent back to ME however I have not received it as yet ...Im really upset as it contained after shave shavers toothpaste a scarf cigarettes a bracelet shower gel Lynx and other essential items ..it cost me 12.00pounds to send and I have lost the receipt ..trying to contact the Post office is a night mare ...I will not bother sending items again as I know the workers see a parcel and read the contents which you have to put for the douane and then steal the presents this has happened twice now to me its so shocking and my bf is very upset to say the least...dont send anything in the post just take it or do as suggested send by DHLxx

laura43015

My parents have sent me numerous packages from the USA and i have never had a problem. It normally takes about 1-2 weeks for me to receive. the packages are ALWAYS searched but i have never had anything missing. My mom has sent me and my husband everything from food to clothes and shoes to a GPS navigation system. Alhumdulillah i always receive everything :)

Black Mamba

How safe is it to send post to Tunisia? I need to send my C.O.N.I. by mail and I'm worried about it getting lost, here and there!
Does anyone know of any secure post to get it there?
:eek:
DHL works with La Poste Tunisienne, like someone said it can be traced so safe.

sweetiedarling

Hi Skele well I am furious as I sent my guy a parcel OCTOBER 26th and he has just told me he never received it and when he went to collect it the Post office told him it has been sent back to ME however I have not received it as yet ...Im really upset as it contained after shave shavers toothpaste a scarf cigarettes a bracelet shower gel Lynx and other essential items ..it cost me 12.00pounds to send and I have lost the receipt ..trying to contact the Post office is a night mare ...I will not bother sending items again as I know the workers see a parcel and read the contents which you have to put for the douane and then steal the presents this has happened twice now to me its so shocking and my bf is very upset to say the least...dont send anything in the post just take it or do as suggested send by DHLxx
That's terrible :( Did you send it by registered post? I'm just about to send a parcel and not sure how to send it.

I looked on the Post Office website and it says it will cost £60 to send a 1kg parcel to Tunisia from UK :eek: Surely that can't be right????