Cheapest way to send large parcel to tunisia

Black Mamba

Hi Skele well I am furious as I sent my guy a parcel OCTOBER 26th and he has just told me he never received it and when he went to collect it the Post office told him it has been sent back to ME however I have not received it as yet ...Im really upset as it contained after shave shavers toothpaste a scarf cigarettes a bracelet shower gel Lynx and other essential items ..it cost me 12.00pounds to send and I have lost the receipt ..trying to contact the Post office is a night mare ...I will not bother sending items again as I know the workers see a parcel and read the contents which you have to put for the douane and then steal the presents this has happened twice now to me its so shocking and my bf is very upset to say the least...dont send anything in the post just take it or do as suggested send by DHLxx
That's weird because I got sent many many items( perfumes, silver jewelery, candy,clothes, books) and I got everything so far.

Black Mamba

That's terrible :( Did you send it by registered post? I'm just about to send a parcel and not sure how to send it.

I looked on the Post Office website and it says it will cost £60 to send a 1kg parcel to Tunisia from UK :eek: Surely that can't be right????
What? registered or rapid poste?

sweetiedarling

Registered post by Parcel Force. I just looked on the DHL site and it's £10 cheaper!

Mezoo

VIP Member
That's weird because I got sent many many items( perfumes, silver jewelery, candy,clothes, books) and I got everything so far.
never had a thing lost or removed in 22 years. sorry for this kind of junk, but i do knows it happens from time to time in the u.s. mail over here. never had it happen to me here either. humdulah :cool:

catwoman1

I sent my papers over through the post office cost £12 and arrived in 5 days. Called DHL and they wanted £69.90 to send same - although guaranteed next day delivery x

sianperkins89

i'm still waiting for a letter in the post from tunisia! it's been 3 weeks and 2 days now, i think i should give up hope. but i wanted my letter from my love......... :(

bobby g

i'm still waiting for a letter in the post from tunisia! it's been 3 weeks and 2 days now, i think i should give up hope. but i wanted my letter from my love......... :(
Never give up hope...it could just be going snail mail....:D:D:D

Sara786

I sent a package (using the printed paper service) last week from Royal Mail. They said the quickest and safest way was to use international air service, signed-for. Although its signed-for you can only track it up to the point it leaves the UK and can't obtain a copy of the signature (like you can when sending within UK and most of Europe). It cost £40, and weighed just over 3kg. Oh - and no sign of it yet, was told it would take 5 days, its been 7!

sianperkins89

I usually have no problems with letters and parcels inside the UK they often arrive earlier than expected... but i never any luck with mail to tunisia.

Sara786

I'm not surprised it hasn't reached him yet - but i do hope it gets there eventually! Have heard too many stories about things going missing. :-(

janette b

must post hubbys xmas pressie next week as usually takes 2weeks from uk to tunisia.

Sara786

Hi Janette,
Do you normally use Royal Mail? I was told at the post office that as my package was over 2kg, (and had it not have been documentation), i would have to send via DHL?

janette b

Hi Janette,
Do you normally use Royal Mail? I was told at the post office that as my package was over 2kg, (and had it not have been documentation), i would have to send via DHL?
yes i always use the post office as much cheaper than anyone else i can find. but i have started using big jiffy bags rather than boxes etc as weigh a lot less and also they are padded out to protect contents. You can send by boat or air i use air as much quicker approx 2 weeks for sousse and 4 weeks if sent by boat.most of my mail to tuisia is over 2kg as i send dog biscuits for my baby.....

Sara786

Thanks J. Yes, i was presented with the "sea" option to - had an image of someone swimming the across the seas with my parcel on top of their head - decided against it!

sianperkins89

i finally got my letter! lol it was posted on 9th nov and arrived at my house early january! and only just got back here so 2 and a half months to get a letter! it was worth it though lol

Latisha

Letters usually arrive quite safe, since there is nothing in the envelope that can be eaten or smoked or sold. :)
Im assuming that people tryed to ship tabacco in envelopes???? LOL:D

Zeyneb

I have been always sending pictures to my husband and it usually takes 2 weeks (recorded delivery). I have sent some on a CD 3 WEEKS AGO!!! and still nothing Do you think they have been stolen? I have also sent important documents 2 weeks on Thursday and again nothing. I am so desperate , calling hubby everyday to ask about them, so upset and nervous! If hubby won't get the documents he won't be able to apply foR VISA!!

janette

As an alternative to hauling 6 huge suitcases full of clothes and toys to an orphanage, I want to investigate the cost of sending the items with a delivery company. Has anyone out there sent large quantities of items - and who would your recommend please. i know that Tunisair will deliver charity items free is you fly with them, but due to costs, we are flyinh with BA. Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks = xx

CeeCee

is anyone else flying Tunisair at the same time? maybe they could register the charity items in their name for you.Obviously it would have to be someone close enough to you here so that you can organise what needs to be done.Other than that is if you know any nice kind person with a large truck thats going that way...lol....xx:)