Child & working tax when hubby in UK

hayley_momo

Hi everyone i am a bit confused about Child and working tax when hubby is in Uk i have tried looking on other forums but couldnt find anything unless im blind lol but i work full time and recieve child and working tax credit would this stop when my husband is in UK with me i hope someone is able to help with this? xx

Trulymadlydeeply

It will not stop if he is not earning anything. You will have to notify them that he has joined you and apply as a couple. When he starts work his earnings will be counted.

crazypink

You have to tell them the day he arrives and make a fresh claim in BOTH your names. It can take a few weeks to sort out.

xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

hayley_momo

Thankyou guys...just doing a budget sheet for the visa app and wasnt sure...what about housing benefit would i still recieve that if he is living with me but not earning? xx

MellieC

YES and NO

he will be with you, if he gets the visa, BUT he cannot claim HB, as with CTC you need to notify them etc

if hes not working your income does not change, and you are still entitled to whatever YOU are entitled to, its not about him in that respect.

but as a public fund, i never see why it should be paid for anyone!

do 2 budgets one with and one without and see if you still clear the DWP rates?

as soon as hes working then HB goes depending on his earnings!

nikky2409

YES and NO

he will be with you, if he gets the visa, BUT he cannot claim HB, as with CTC you need to notify them etc

if hes not working your income does not change, and you are still entitled to whatever YOU are entitled to, its not about him in that respect.

but as a public fund, i never see why it should be paid for anyone!

do 2 budgets one with and one without and see if you still clear the DWP rates?

as soon as hes working then HB goes depending on his earnings!
Mel

What are the DWP rates for a couple please??

Have you arrived yet???

Thanks Nikky xxx

FoxyRoxie89

Mel

What are the DWP rates for a couple please??

Have you arrived yet???

Thanks Nikky xxx
Did I not put it on your previous thread, 105.00 a week after rent and ct (obv cos dole would be paying that too)

hayley_momo

well i only get £144 a month paid on my rent...so what is the expected amount that a couple should be able to survive on a week just so i can sort my earnings out and yes i done 2 budgets 1 if he not in England and another if he was in England.
Thanks girls this help means alot x oh i forgot to mention i do work full time so only help i get is HB x