Children in need of homes

toonssia

Hi Roulla!
hope you're doing well,
I feel sorry to be the one who informed you about it but unfortunatly it happen in Tunisia not in village but in bigger cities. The authorities try to find out about them by ADN and investigation it is big issue they really try hard
as they dont want it happen again they build family planning, center for pregnant,and/or abused women but as it is still a Muslim country without marriying the father they wont keep the baby.
Also dont forget that tunisian pride (descence) dont allow to talk or mentionne these kind of stories (taboo)
Sorry again about my english it is very hard for me to express myself as clearly as I'd like... This subject is so sensitive
I know that it happens also in France and every where in the world and it is making me sick!
take care hope to chat with you about all this face to face.

ROULLA

Hi Toonssia,

hope that this reaches you in good health! Toonssia i think that your english is fantastic and i wish i could write in arabic , the only thing that i can write in arabic is my name so i have one thing to say to you , yardek saha.

And thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to my posts, yes that would be exellent for you to be able to tell me about a few facts, face to face.

toonssia

Hi Roulla and Bogbrother!
hope you're fine really excited about meeting you both soon flying tomorrow inchAllah.
Wish I could writte arabic too LOL as am born in France and live there all my life haven't had the chance to learn!
Roulla thanks but I can return you the compliment you're arabic is great yardek esaha!!
thanks a million for the links Bigbrother you're right am really concern about disabled persons.
Did you know the new "metro leger de Tunis" (tram) has full disable access knowing public transports in Tunisia am sure you'll be happy to hear about this one.
Take care

Bigbrother

Hi Toonssia, check out http://www.greatwaytoarabic.com/ - very good study books and DVDs - I was learning Modern Standard Arabic last year, but couldn't get the grasp of the writing and reading, was better with the speaking - never mind I'm still working at it. Looking forward to meeting you. I didn't know about the tram having disabled access - that's good news.

toonssia

Yeah at last it was very difficult for disable to take it (not impossible thanks to tunisians solidarity)
thanks for that link about arabic though couldnt access but definitly will!

ROULLA

Hi Toonssia,

hope that you and your family are well !shaallah !
Toonssia i was just wondering if you could advise someone on wheelchairs, please go to General Travel tips.

Trams taxis from PEK. Sokran baragalafek

toonssia

Hi Roulla!
InchAllah enti lebess!
gonna get more details about it cos I've just seen the new "rame" of the tram' tested I will ask if they are working now wich lines got the new vehicule and let you (All) know about it.

RachaelLahmar

Roulla- Me and my family unfortunatly found a baby in Tunisia in a dust bin very very sad and also uncertain of what to do. I also was shocked as i only ever hear about it in England but i must say its mostly to do with finances that they cannot keep the children and the easiest thing to do though horrible its to just leave them!

But i cannot judge people on this as you never know what their cir***stances are.

Luv Rachael

ROULLA

Hi Rachael,
How are you ? Would you mind if i asked you what did you do with the baby ? How old was the baby ? Please reply thankyou

ROULLA

Hi All,

I was really cut up about the piece that Rachael shared with us, i just really wish that single parents or girls not married had more support, maybe a call in centre where they could go and discuss their problems, i feel so sorry for these people who feel that they have no choice but to throw their newborns in the bobella, but my heart bleeds for those poor tiny humans who never asked to be born in the first place.
I know that Tunisia is a muslim country and i respect their belief's , however someone needs to take control of the situation, because in Tunisia they talk about Haram, well to throw away a newborn in the bobella is the biggest haram of all ,in my eye's, sorry i don't want to offend anyone but i like to speak my mind !...............................and i quote this is in my opinion, and everyone has one !

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I feel this way also I do not mind.

Bismillah-hir-Rahman-nir-Rahim, which means,

"In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful"

Muslims say these words many times a day yet so many are harsh to judge I would never condone my Sarah getting pregnant outside of marriage etc but not as harsh as I would be with myself for pressuring her into doing such a thing.

Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 25 and Surah Maidah, chapter 5 verse 74:

"And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Shame that people are not in some cases.

ROULLA

Hi Kris,
hope that you and your family are all in good health ! The first thing that i done when i read the piece that Rachael shared with us was exactly what you said
BISMILAH ARAKMAN ARATHEM
AOUDO BELER MINER SAYTAN ARAJIM
Sorry loads of spellimg mistakes, i know how to say it but not to write it on paper.
thankyou for your reply

RachaelLahmar

Hi Rouella,

Well first we went to the landlord of our apartment and i showed him and he said normal! And i was like NORMAL????? How can this be normal! I asked him what to do and he didnt have any suggestions so i went to the police station which was about 5mins from my house in tunisia and they took it away and that was the last time i heard anything about it. They wouldnt even touch it they got a cover and took it out like that! I couldntstop thinking about it and i still have very bad images but all i think to myself is what were these people thinking?

Also about ur suggestion of the call centre i really dontthink that any women would call as i dont think anyone would be able to trust who was on the other end of the phone and also the government tap in on most of the telephone conversations and tunisians know that! But great idea it seems to have worked in England!

Take Care xx

ROULLA

Hi Rachael,

I understand everything that you wrote, its just that to me it's not fair ,i was actually talking to my hubby and i asked him" what would you do if you found a baby " he was stunned at my question and just paused, i also asked him if you go to register a newborn what kind of id proves that the baby belongs to you, it's not like the hospital gives you proof as so many people give birth at home in Nabeul anyway., and it's not a case of regular check ups as there are some people who don't bother at all due to the fact that they have no money or for whatever cir***stances.

ROULLA

Hi all,

Really curious and would like to know ,if you gave birth in Tunisia and you go to register the baby , what kind of proof or I.D would you need to take with you to prove that you actually are the biological mother ?
Can anyone answer my question please !

ROULLA

Hi All,

How are you all, hope that you are all in good health !
Im on a role today , as i have been talking to a really nice lady at the SOS in Cambridge and she has told me, that she will be able to help me start collecting money for children in Tunisia.
I will firstly decide what im going to do, maybe wear a funny hat for the day or costume im not sure yet, and also get my sons school involved as i have spoken to my sons teacher about this but she has to speak to the Headmaster, then i will get all the shops in my area involved and also my family, so hope to god all goes well, just wanted to share my good news with you all.
Im sure that it will all take a couple of weeks or so ,but it really doe's not matter as long as they get the money in the end.
Still wondering who can answer my question above !

kellyc

Hi

Hi,

Good luck with the fundraising, I'm pleased to hear that SOS in Cambridge were helpful to you, I often speak with Marilyn Moyse from the UK office not sure if thats the same one but she is very helpful too and sends me regular emails on her progress and her travels as she has just returned from Israel, Palestine and Jordon. I am sure it will be successful.

ROULLA

Hi All,
There must be someone who can answer my question, as i am really curious, if you give birth, what kind of proof do you need to show when you go to register your newborn, in Tunisia ?
I know that here in the UK , you have to take a pink form to register your newborn that you are given by the hospital or midwife if you give birth at home !!!!!!!!!!

ROULLA

Hi All,

Is there anyone out there who has given birth in Tunisia that can answer my question above, would really appreciate it, Sokran