Children in need of homes

toonssia

Hi Roulla!
hope you're doing well, sorry havent seen your question before dont have the exact answer but will ask my parents and come back to you asap.
Am glad to hear about fundraising and please let me know how I can help
We'll be back to London in the near future will let you know when I've got more info

toonssia

Roulla forgot to tell you about "babies in bobella" you've understood they're dead did you?
sorry if you didnt realise
Allah yarhamhoum (Allah bless them)

ROULLA

asselema Toonsia,

Shaallah inti ore famaliear lebeis !
Thank you for replying and yes i pressumed that maybe some were alive and some were dead, but for whatever reason to me Toonssia its a big haram , and it hurts to even think about it, i get really crossed about things like that.

toonssia

Roulla hopr you're lebess too!
Sorry dont have the answer yet got to bring baby girl to the GP she cought a chest infection poor sweety.
I definitly agree with you it is a big haram for muslims I really hate when traditions takes over religion they act this way for human and not for Allah Subhanou.
My Mum use to say that you can correct a mistake by another one and I think she's right.
Unfortunatly I've never heard about one found alive... thanks to Allah children homes exist and I remember we used to call orphans Bourguiba's Kids as I told you B4 I really feel it's better for them to live outside their families.
Will get back to you asap with the info you asked
Maha selema

kellyc

Hi

Hi Roulla,

I have also been trying to find the answer to your question and hope to shed some light later on it when my fiance returns home.

How is your fundraising going? I am really pleased at the moment as I mentioned this year is my shoe box time for the SOS Tunisia and I received a parcel in the post yesterday from an English woman (thanks Pej for the referral!!) who sent so many fantastic items pens, pencils, colouring books, art sets and the list goes on to help towards the shoe boxes I will be giving to them, so I am really excited to visit there in 2 weeks to hand over the shoe boxes for the children, I will try to get as many pictures as possible to post when I visit.

Take care x

samwella

Hi kelly have you got the address for sending the shoe box's to? I know I did have the info from the site on facebook but it seems to have gone from the casues now, but then again that may be me just not knowing how to use it, would like to send you somee stuff over

ROULLA

Hi Toonssia,

hope that you are in good health, and shaallah the baby gets better soon !
I dont know if i am naive but i find it so hard to believe that all these babies found are dead, surely someone has heard a baby cry and saved it, one at least, sorry Toonssia i feel sick to the stomach!!!!!!!!!!

ROULLA

Hi Kelly,

hope that you are in good health ! Really pleased to hear that you will be visiting the children soon, please remember me whilst you are there and kiss them all on my behalf.
Kelly i have another spot of good news ,my son trains with the Arsenal and over time i have got to know quite a few of the guys, so as my son had to go today i asked the guys and they are going to help me with the fundraising, but everything is on hold till after xmas.
As long as i get there in the end, evey little helps, so im on another role !!!!!!!!!!
Wish the lady who sent you the items all the best for the future from the bottom of my heart.

toonssia

Hi Roulla!
thanks we're lebess and hope you and your family too!
here is how it works in Tunisia to declare a child:
at hospital there is a registrar office reps and after delivery they do a pre-declaration the father is given a receipt that he must bring to the registrar office to declare the birth his must presents an ID and the "Dhaftar el haeeli" "Livret de famille" (dont know in english but that's a book with the marriage cert birth cert of groom and birth cert of bride) Then the birth cert is issued after this is done (and only after) baby can be released from hospital.

Roulla babies found are not born in hospital so that's also why they dont manage to survive what I've understood is that when they're trown they're already dead... When alive people usually leave them in front of hospital or in places they can be found dont worry love they arent trown alive.
All babies born in Tunisian hospitals are either declared by their dad and released or they are placed in childrens homes.

Thanks Roulla for caring so much

ROULLA

Hi Toonssia,

How are you and your family, shaallah lebeis ! Sokran we are all well hamdoulah !
Thank you for finding that out for me i was so interested, but have another question for you.
If someone gives birth and they are not married, or they give birth at home what do they need to register the child, as there must be 1 person who has given birth without being married and has kept the child, im just pressuming !
Hope that your baby is feeling better now shaallah ! x

toonssia

Hi Roulla!
thanks we are not too bad!
will ask for the info and get back to you asap
Please note that there are always changement in regulation so try to get updated info.
I know that a loads of reform have been done in terms of tunisian women kids.

ROULLA

Thanks Toonssia,

It will be interesting to see what information you find out !!!
Thankyou so much x

toonssia

Hi Roulla!
here's some info I've found now it is possible for a women to keep her baby and give him her family name as long as she attained majority. Ben Ali's governement is doing a lot to help women an kids in Tunisia. Thanks for making me get informed cos I'm glad I've found out there are big changes.
Now it is possible to keep babies born outside wedlock but sometimes it is difficult in practise...
What is needed to declare baby is ID full birth cert with parents and grand parents names as childrens are entitled to tunisian nationality tru their mother.
Hope this will help and should you need any further information dont hesitate!

toonssia

hi Roulla!
hope you and your family are fine.
apologies for giving wrong info sorry it was about MINOR girls getting pregnant, was just trying to help. Am sure you'll forgive me ;) and thanks again for caring about Tunisian Orphans

ROULLA

Hi Toonssia,

Shaallah you and your family are in good health ! Thankyou for the information,dont worry if information was wrong, we all make mistakes now and then, its only natural otherwise we would not be human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROULLA

Hi Everyone ,
I do hope that you are all in good health !
I went to see my sons nativity play today at school and just to hear the children singing was so heart warming and i started to think about the children in Tunisia and all over the world.
Kelly im not to sure whats going on as i have not heard anything from the sos, maybe its because its xmas coming up and they are busy im not sure, would really appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the lady that you know.
Plus i have to think of an exiting day out for the children next year from mr and my family, a small treat.
Funny thing life , i asked my son who is 8 what he wanted for xmas and his reply was all our family together and love, and as a mother i felt so proud of him.
My son has taken a massive interest in this subject and has started to realise that bits and bobs dont make you happy without your family around you, so he has written a letter to the chairman of the Arsenal football ground to see if they can contribute,but a friend of my'n has already said that they can help, which is great.
Really want to start the ball rolling so would really appreciate the contact for this lady.
Must go as my little boy is feeling sick he must of caught a bug and has a high temp. Take care x

kellyc

Hi Roulla

Hi Roulla,

No problem at all here are the details for Marilyn:-

Marilyn Moyse
Sponsorship Secretary
SOS Children's Villages UK
St Andrews House
59 St Andrews Street
Cambridge CB2 3BZ
tel: +44 (0) 1223 365589
fax: +44 (0) 1223 322613
www.sos-uk.org.uk <http://www.sos-uk.org.uk> Registered charity no 1069204 Company limited by guarantee Registration number 3346676 England

Glad to hear that you are well and I will reply to your PM - just really busy at the moment with the lead up to Eid, off to buy the sheep today.

Hope your son gets better x

ROULLA

Hi Kelly and everyone,

Hope that you and everyone is in good health ! Thankyou so much for the information really do appreciate it. x
I will ring them first thing monday morning.

ROULLA

Hi All,

Hope that you are all in good health !
Just a quick update really to let you know that i have not forgotten about these children its just that i was waitng for the xmas period to finish and i also knew that a lot of people would be skint after xmas, so now that all this is over i have been able to sort a few things out and hopefully are on the ball for a roll to help...........take care

Linda Scott

Hi everyone
I have just joined, even though I have been visiting Tunisia (Hammamet) for quite a bit. I really like the look of this site, and everyone seems friendlly.
I am starting the marriage process, but am struggling to prioritise, I admit I am a bit scatty so reassurance would R=E=A=L=L=Y be appreciated. I am going through the 'what if' stage at the moment, as I am sure many potential wives have, plus I am skint which is't a big plus is it?. However I am ploughing forward paying working my bum off, and robbing Peter to pay Paul and hopefully I will be in Hammamet and married by the end of the year.
I was interested to read mail that share my concern for the many children who appear genuinley destitute and in desperate need. I am a kids social worker, qualified to the hilt, and I am sure I could put my skills to good use, however it is the 'rocking the boat' syndrome is'nt it?. I am unsure about how Tunisian politics would view Western females doing a Mother Teresa. I would love to run a government sposored home/s to give these kids a chance in life.Do people think this would be remotley possible?