Children in need of homes

Mystic Lady

Hi there everyone

This is one thing very close to my heart to!

I have visited Tunisia around 13 times now, in my husbands home town there is a well hidden childrens home, my sister in law used to go and help out there before her marraige.

Very true its a political thing and an embarrassment to the country so very hush hush. I wanted to do something as a mother it is heart breaking.

to the poster who wants to run a home, I know you have good intentions, but I think Its best run by native Tunisians, not sure if they get paid or its a volunteer thing, but keeping a child in their own culture and natural surroundings is far better then what Madonna has done in adopting that boy, the money could have help bring up many more children then just him, I know she has donated millions to build a new orphanage but I feel taking the child out of his country & culture is not in his best interests and like most say is merely a fashion accessory or PR statement of look at me I am loaded and bought a child and now he is fish out of water! So maybe the goverment would see an English womans intervention as inoppropriate and an insult to their well hidden secret problems.

But what really breaks my heart is to see the street children sold to the *** tourists, this I have witnessed first hand (obviously not the act) but have sat in the background helplessly looking on and frustratingly not being able to stop it. What disgusts me more then anything is ENGLISH tourists are buying small boys to feed their pedophile sick needs! well most european nationalities are doing it!

And whilst millions of tourists enjoy their holidays unaware of these sickos surrounding them , I dont enjoy my time in the touristic parts like I once did because I see the chilling realities going on under everyones noses!

Who can stop this ? when the goverment wont acknowledge it has any problems!

What knock on effect is this having tot he poor children that grow to men and are haunted by it all, how do you think these men view the westerners? how do you help a man who has suffered in this way?

my head is now battered remembering this harsh & sick reality.
I really need to stop writing

Trulymadlydeeply

This is a worldwide problem and if not for tourism a lot of countries such as Tunisia would not have much money brought into the country. Ive worked with a lot of Iranian men and the practice there (Not all) to teach a child a lesson was for the father to rape the son!!!! This sickened me to the core, a lot goes on behind closed doors that the western world does not get to here about . I read in a newspaper about a tribe in Africa where aids is rife the men believe if they rape a baby they will be cured, SICK VILE MEN!!!!!!! Anybody that has posted on here about helping orphaned Tunisian children have done it with a good heart not sick intentions. :mad:

ROULLA

Hi Leila,

hope that you are in good health!
Everyone has their own opinion but to be quite honest i really don't agree with what you have wrote, number 1 i think that madonna is famous enough all around the world so its not like she is seeking recognition, i think that she adopted the little boy in question because she wanted to adopt him. As for money madonna must have plenty and good luck to her she worked for it................
I think that when you say that you have seen children in Tunisia being sold to tourists, sorry to say this but it really must of been some sort of scam, do you know how hard it is for someone to take a child outside of Tunisia without any do***ents , the customs in any airport in Tunisia are extremely strict, no way would it be easy to abduct a child from Tunisia.....maybe 1 in a million..................
You talk about perverts, please do some home work , there are perverts in every country, infact the Uk is well known for them.....there every where.........
One thing that i may agree is that this subject is not spoken about openly this is just ignorance............after all the goverment must be doing something as there would not even be 1 home , would there ?
I have been going to Tunisa for a number of years and if theres one thing for sure the Tunisians love children...........

Mystic Lady

Hi there ROULLA

I understand why you don't agree with me .

I think that when you say that you have seen children in Tunisia being sold to tourists, sorry to say this but it really must of been some sort of scam,

I think you misunderstood my post. I was talking about pedophiles going to Tunisia for the se x industry. I wasn't talking about people selling children to people from abroad to take home, I was talking about the rings of sickos selling small children to the international pedos that travel there year after year to fill their sick desires!

I also am aware that there are pedo rings all over the world and in the UK. you only have to look at the case of the poor missing Mathews girl in the UK to realize that there are sick people among us here in the UK

I did join the thread to talk about children homes and agree the government is dealing with the problem and looking after the children who need help,. And I also know and don't dispute the fact Most people love children in the correct way in Tunisia, probably more so then in UK. But I suspect that there in no protection for the children on the streets or who are sold for se x. because to sort a problem out you first need to recognize it! Here in the UK it is recognized and the police here do child protection things&busts everyday to try to solve the problem.

Like I say I have witnessed things, which I know to be true & most definitely aren't scams or misguided info.

here is a link i just found!

http://www.ecpat.org.uk/downloads/Tunisia05.pdf

?I don't need to do any homework! my home is safe and so are my 2 sons in that home. ?I wish I could say that about the children of Tunisia :(:mad:

Essem

Staff member
Hi, I cannot believe what I'm reading!

I have lived in Tunisia for almost 8 years now, (albeit quietly), and have never seen, or even heard of, children being sold like this. Who are you suggesting is selling these children?

If I did witness this, I'd have to try to do something about it. I'm sorry but if this is true, and you are aware of it, to do nothing is scandalous.

ROULLA

Hi Essem,

Hope that you are in good health !
I also have been going to Tunisia for many years now and have never heard or seen anything of the sort...............Essem i did not realise that you lived in Tunisia, i thought that you go to Tunisia often........................

Take care.................

Essem

Staff member
Hi Roulla,

Nice to speak to you again and I hope you and yours are very well.

Yes I have a house in Tunisia and I spend as much time as I can there although in the last year I've been a bit limited as I've had to have a couple of operations here in the UK. Usually it's 8-9 months in Tunisia and the rest in the frozen north! Hoping to retire early sometime soon (this year) and move out permanently. Cannot wait...

ROULLA

Hi Essem,

Sorry to hear that you have had a couple of operations, hope that you are now in good health !
Whenever you do decide to retire i wish you all the luck for the future and hope that you have the best time of your life...........take care

ginabeena37

Hi, I cannot believe what I'm reading!

I have lived in Tunisia for almost 8 years now, (albeit quietly), and have never seen, or even heard of, children being sold like this. Who are you suggesting is selling these children?

If I did witness this, I'd have to try to do something about it. I'm sorry but if this is true, and you are aware of it, to do nothing is scandalous.
i also have never heard of this before and i agree with essem that to sit back and look on at this happening is beyond my imagination,, i would at least try to do something, my husband is tunisian and he said it is definately not true

aynbunni

Internation Orphanages

Roula, you may consider contacting the organisation below
UK Co-ordinator:
Eve Lawton
Address:
Sunshine Project International
Scope House
Weston Road
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 6DD
Telephone and Fax:
01270 254545
E-Mail:
[email protected]
They run an orphanage in Luxor, Egypt, so will have experience in the infrastrucure, and possibly political contacts to make your ambition a reality.
May Allah guide your endeavours, please call on me if I can help further.

ROULLA

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you are all in good health! I have been in Tunisia for the past 2 months and had a great time........the best thing of all was meeting up with a few singers as i am so fond of music, anyway i manage to track down a childrens home in Nabeul which i visited several times and spent quite a bit of time with the children......There was 12 babies and the oldest was 1 and 4 months old..............My plan for next year if all goes well is to hold a venue where a singer will come and sing for free but peolpe will have to pay say 5tnd for example to gain entrance and all the money will be donated to the childrens home. i am really exited about this project and just hope that all goes well......a date has not yet been set but i will let you all know and if anyone is in Tunisia they are more then welcome to come along................The staff at the home were really nice and it was really clean and well maintained.........really happy,

take care speak soon

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Roulla thats great, I will donate money even if I am not there,just let us know how Im sure you will get a great response on here. Well done you!

arabchique

Yeah... a worthy cause... I would donate too that as well!! :)

K

Kassie

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you are all in good health! I have been in Tunisia for the past 2 months and had a great time........the best thing of all was meeting up with a few singers as i am so fond of music, anyway i manage to track down a childrens home in Nabeul which i visited several times and spent quite a bit of time with the children......There was 12 babies and the oldest was 1 and 4 months old..............

Hello Roulla...I would support your cause anyway I can :) Tell me, what is/is not the laws/rules of fostering, adoption etc. I am just interested to "learn"

xx

Jasmine

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you are all in good health! I have been in Tunisia for the past 2 months and had a great time........the best thing of all was meeting up with a few singers as i am so fond of music, anyway i manage to track down a childrens home in Nabeul which i visited several times and spent quite a bit of time with the children......There was 12 babies and the oldest was 1 and 4 months old..............My plan for next year if all goes well is to hold a venue where a singer will come and sing for free but peolpe will have to pay say 5tnd for example to gain entrance and all the money will be donated to the childrens home. i am really exited about this project and just hope that all goes well......a date has not yet been set but i will let you all know and if anyone is in Tunisia they are more then welcome to come along................The staff at the home were really nice and it was really clean and well maintained.........really happy,

take care speak soon
Roulla....

Count me in for donation too, and keep us informed for proposed date as im sure alot of members will be in tunisia at some point and would be happy to come along in support of such a worthy cause.
If there is anything i can do to help please let me know.
xx

jacqui0414

great idea :)

i will come if I am in Tunisia at the time :)

i already started giving money to the childrens home in Kasserine as my husband family have been helping them for years now, i think its really nice you are doing these great things, you are obviously a very caring person :)

Good luck x

Essem

Staff member
Hi Roulla

Hope you and yours are all well. Good to see you back on here - it's been a while.

Count me in too! xx

ROULLA

Hi Everyone ,

Hope that you are all in good health !
Thankyou so much for all your kind responses i did not realise so many people cared....As soon as i have the plan and dates i will be letting you all know in advance, i have to try and work around ramadan next year as it falls on the 18/19 of August.....
Thankyou Essem for the welcome note.......
Take care speak soon x

gem

What a lovely idea, i would love to help in any way i can and im sure every1 onthis site would be more than happy to help and also donate money to such a fantastic cause. Good look and keep us informed with everything your doing xx

ROULLA

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you and your families are all in good health!
Just a quick recap on whats been happening with my so called project, been quite a few times to the embassy and spoke to a few people about my idea......Not to sure if you all remember so i will inlighten you all..........Music is my passion and so im always at someones concert, anyway met a few singers this year and even had lunch with them to discuss my other passion childrens homes which is a subject very close to my heart, the singers offered to sing free if i was to arrange a venue and the money would all go to the homes.....Turns out that it is not as easy as that you must go through quite a few high people........Spoke to the ambassader and handed the embassy a letter for the president.........Not to sure if my letter will get seen too but i know one thing i run every day when i hear the postman.........I was asked by the Tunisian embassy to become a member and was invited last week ,so im hoping that now that i am a member that the letter has fallen in the Presidents hands, i also know that this subject is close to the Presidents heart, so now im just waiting and praying for an answer............
Take care x