Chit Chat about anything..

soleil

Jane I've just stumbled across the posts here and I gather your hubby has received a YYYYYEEEEEEESS!
Many, many congrats, darling. I'm truly elated and wish both of you all the very best, and plenty of blessings in your married life.
It's a terrific moment when we meet them at arrivals...:oops:;) - like a dream come true! I'm smiling and really happy for you. xxxxxx

annie

Good luck and best wishes for the future to you and your husband.xx

MellieC

Thanx mel will do...so excited havnt been for 4 months...i emailed u yesterday just to keep u up to date x
got it hun. reply waiting for you when you get back.

go have a great time!!!

MellieC

There`s enough to make up a Merry Band of Women now Mel.......
more dangerous than merry the company you keep ROTFLMFAO

Mezoo

VIP Member
I have heard that Shias eg Iraq and some Muslims in Egypt have these types of marriages ie so they can have sex with these women. Then divorce them after, but both parties are aware of what the deal is. Some of the men do this with prostitutes, as it is Haram for them to have sex with women they are not married to, so quick marriage beforehand is Halal. I discussed this issue at length with a Moroccan friend of mine. She said it is called Misyar, and that the Imam and Mullah would not be present. She said it is similar to an Orfi marriage.
in kuwait it is common

Mezoo

VIP Member
you must not forget that they are born as Muslim, they don't have a choice.
human rights trump religious dogma, even in a muslim country. every human being on the face of this earth has choices, even muslims. god is NOT a fact

Jasmine

Big Day Jane. Congratulations to you BOTH again. Enjoy every minute of the ups and downs :)

C

Cas

more dangerous than merry the company you keep ROTFLMFAO
Shhhhh !!! don`t tell everyone ............. Hey I was real fluent yesterday you did have to spoil it all by telling me I had the wrong thread lol....onwards and upwards...

NetNiet

human rights trump religious dogma, even in a muslim country. every human being on the face of this earth has choices, even muslims. god is NOT a fact
I don't really understand the first part what you did write.
But Tunisian are born as a Muslim and they don't have a choice for xcample to be born as a Christian, every Tunisian is born as a Muslim

Mezoo

VIP Member
But Tunisian are born as a Muslim and they don't have a choice for xcample to be born as a Christian, every Tunisian is born as a Muslim
a person is born a human being and can be whatever they choose...in any country on the whole face of this earth.

Mezoo

VIP Member
i know of a tunisian who was born in bizerte and choose to be a christan,,,,,,,,,he's been in hiding for 20 years. pretty ugly, as the death threats, that are from people who want to make sure he has no choice,,,,,as you say.
But Tunisian are born as a Muslim and they don't have a choice
a human has a choice to be anything and it's people like you who make it bad with statements like that. you buy it?

NetNiet

a person is born a human being and can be whatever they choose...in any country on the whole face of this earth.
No this is not true with being a Tunisian if you're born, you're Muslim.
Later you can choose, allthough that will be here very difficult accepted by other persons like you did write in your following post.

i know of a tunisian who was born in bizerte and choose to be a christan,,,,,,,,,he's been in hiding for 20 years. pretty ugly, as the death threats, that are from people who want to make sure he has no choice,,,,,as you say.

a human has a choice to be anything and it's people like you who make it bad with statements like that. you buy it?
No I don't buy it ;) But I understand it now, thanks for explaining!
It's not me personal who make this statement, it's a fact that if you're Tunisian and you are born that you're Muslim.

And indeed later can choose people to be something else or non at al allthough it's very rare, like you did mentioned. But as you're born, there is no choise.

C

Cas

I did a reply to this topic but on the wrong thread lol, no caffeine and too early..... Salafists, well in my mind it is their intent to keep women in the home and any unexpected pregnancies in their thinking would do this. Haven`t they been paying to keep women at home in some towns?

Black Mamba

As you must guess I'm against it, the woman accepts tis kind of contrat must know that she won't have ANY rights whatsoever, so the "marriage" is over it's over :).

There's a reason why it's forbidden in Tunisia, some women are idiots.

NetNiet

Of course they accept, free women hahahahha
But I don't understand it, the salafist people wants everything strict to Islam and the Orfi marriage is haram.