Chit Chat about anything..

huttan

I can remember being over there a couple of years ago, just before Aymen came here, and I arrived the day after Eid..(I wasn't daft)....however I'd taken a load of cheeses over with me which obviously needed putting in the fridge. Now they'd done all the 'necessary' the day before. They also realised just how squeamish I am so made sure everything had been cleaned up and tidied away before I arrived. Sadly though his Dad forgot about the sheeps head, on a platter, staring at me as I opened the fridge door to put my cheese in there....:eek::eek:
hmm well that would been an excellent diet holder....

missmetal

So has anyone stayed at the Caruso Palace since its name change? My girflriends stayed there a couple years ago and loved it there, we were at the pool with them at their hotel all the time, it was really so peaceful. I dont remember seeing kids there. I really loved the room they were staying in too...had a more classic old feel to it too.

Anyone know if its changed? My cousin and her hubby are looking for opinions.

Thx

Aslemma

I know this probably isn't in the right place but I can't find how to start a new thread.

It's on BBC Text News tonight that the Tunisian government has fallen. To quote:

"Tunisia's Islamist led government has agreed to resign after talks with opponents that are to start next week.

It is hoped a caretaker government will be negotiated over the next three weeks which will prepare for new elections.

The decision marks a breakthrough in weeks of crisis involving the ruling coalition, led by the Islamist Ennhada party and the secular opposition

Anti government protests intensified recently after the killing of two opposition figures."

Jane BM

I know this probably isn't in the right place but I can't find how to start a new thread.

It's on BBC Text News tonight that the Tunisian government has fallen. To quote:

"Tunisia's Islamist led government has agreed to resign after talks with opponents that are to start next week.

It is hoped a caretaker government will be negotiated over the next three weeks which will prepare for new elections.

The decision marks a breakthrough in weeks of crisis involving the ruling coalition, led by the Islamist Ennhada party and the secular opposition

Anti government protests intensified recently after the killing of two opposition figures."
It's in the Guardian today I think Aslemma....talking about 3 weeks of talk and then stepping aside!!!! Hmmmmmm....

Jane BM

Two of my nieces are taking part in the Berlin Marathon today!! (Nutters), the one is a serious runner, who's been training all year round for this...:finger:..her sister went and bought her first pair of trainers this week...lol..oops!! :eek::eek:

annie

I am going to Tunisia 11th October from Manchester to Enfidha for 1 week and originally a friend was coming with me. She is unable to go -is anybody wanting to go to Tunisia-

Jane BM

Two of my nieces are taking part in the Berlin Marathon today!! (Nutters), the one is a serious runner, who's been training all year round for this...:finger:..her sister went and bought her first pair of trainers this week...lol..oops!! :eek::eek:
The serious runner out of the 2, did it in just over 4. 30....pretty amazing stuff. The not so serious runner...as in, never run so much for a bus...didn't make it off the starting line....lol...

Even more impressive was the fact that she did the marathon after just 3 hours sleep and being hungover, having found a German beer festival the night before!! :wacky::confused:

Aslemma

How luggage can be tampered with in airports.

http://www.kharbachet.com/article.php?id=1102&type=12
Luckily there is picture to show how easily it can be done. I've been travelling for many years and so far have never had anything stolen so I guess I've been lucky. I have a theory that expensive luggage, however many locks it has, is more at risk because thieves believe expensive luggage contains expensive things, whereas a cheap case is unlikely to have much of value in it.

Jane BM

Your theory may not be wrong Aslemma..and not just at airports. I remember a couple of years ago my friends daughter was going to London for a few days with her boyfriend and asked to borrow her dads suitcase, it was one of the Louis Vuiton ones....(yes he was a proper poser!!)....on the day of their leaving they checked out of the hotel and asked to leave the suitcase in the store room till they were coming back up to Birmingham, something which most hotels offer.....surprise surprise, the suitcase along with all the contents were pinched, but no one else's suitcase was touched..:rolleyes:

Have had to misspell the brand name, as it says it's a banned word....lol

Aslemma

It looks like I'll have to hang on to my cheap Tesco one I bought some years ago for under £14 for a bit longer then. It may not be smart (in fact it's getting a bit tatty now) but it's a good size, expandable, reasonably light weight, the wheels still work and it's done sterling service, so when I do need to replace it I'll certainly get something similar.

missmetal

Your theory may not be wrong Aslemma..and not just at airports. I remember a couple of years ago my friends daughter was going to London for a few days with her boyfriend and asked to borrow her dads suitcase, it was one of the Louis Vuiton ones....(yes he was a proper poser!!)....on the day of their leaving they checked out of the hotel and asked to leave the suitcase in the store room till they were coming back up to Birmingham, something which most hotels offer.....surprise surprise, the suitcase along with all the contents were pinched, but no one else's suitcase was touched..:rolleyes:

Have had to misspell the brand name, as it says it's a banned word....lol
Cant understand why anyone would want Louis Vuiton luggage....
A girlfriend of mine gave me a LV purse for my bday once (she worked at Harrods at the time, so i guess she got good discounts on it). I was rather disappointed that she did not know me better LOL! it went straight into the draw and about 12yrs later i gave it to my mum who apparently is also not a label person and had my aunts who are label people begging her to sell it LOL! Now if it was Hello Kitty....thats another story :)

Hmmm...tried to post this with the correct spelling of LV but apparently the real spelling of LV is banned from this site....I guess he wants to make money from it.

Jane BM

Cant understand why anyone would want Louis Vuiton luggage....
A girlfriend of mine gave me a LV purse for my bday once (she worked at Harrods at the time, so i guess she got good discounts on it). I was rather disappointed that she did not know me better LOL! it went straight into the draw and about 12yrs later i gave it to my mum who apparently is also not a label person and had my aunts who are label people begging her to sell it LOL! Now if it was Hello Kitty....thats another story :)

Hmmm...tried to post this with the correct spelling of LV but apparently the real spelling of LV is banned from this site....I guess he wants to make money from it.
Said the same to me, which is why I misspelt it...lol...

To me, having a LV suitcase or bag or wallet, in that infamous print, is the same as wearing a jumper with HUGO BOSS in BIG BOLD print.....chavvy and crass to me...:p

I'd also have an issue with spending more on my suitcase than on my holiday...lol....

Good job we're all different though.(she says quickly before she offends anyone who's got a LV bag or a top with the designers name in block on it...:nailbiting:)....

Aslemma

I'm not a 'label' person either. The only thing I insist on with purses and wallets is that they are in bright or light colours so I can find them easily in the bottom of my bag or when I drop them on the floor of cars or taxis. :rolleyes: Some years ago I got a lovely small turquoise wallet in Sousse and have been looking for a replacement for ages but never been able to find one.

Neil

A Travelon bag has a mini torch attached inside problem solved :D and other anti theft features anti slash sides, anti scan, anti cut hadles etc etc also love the Pacsafe ones as well great for holidays and any day use OH loves the ones I have bought.

Jane BM

So weather decided to take a couple days break now we've arrived in Tunisia...:rolleyes:...reliably informed the glorious sunshine is back from tomorrow onwards.

Hotel has NO FREE WIFI ACCESS ANYWHERE!!!which is a joke for a supposed 5* hotel...want to charge 8 tnd for every half hour. Fortunately clever hubby got a Tunisian sim yesterday for my IPad which cost 10tnd, I now have unlimited access for the duration....yippee!!

Which is a result, as I'm currently sat by the pool with cafe creme and beer AND IPad.....what more could a girl want.:p:D:wacky:

missmetal

Lucky!! Wish I could join you! Interesting how 4 or 5 star hotels charge for Internet. I can't see that they need the revenue generated for it.

Jane BM

Lucky!! Wish I could join you! Interesting how 4 or 5 star hotels charge for Internet. I can't see that they need the revenue generated for it.
Oh I do.....new carpets throughout for a start....;)

DARK ANGEL

So weather decided to take a couple days break now we've arrived in Tunisia...:rolleyes:...reliably informed the glorious sunshine is back from tomorrow onwards.

Hotel has NO FREE WIFI ACCESS ANYWHERE!!!which is a joke for a supposed 5* hotel...want to charge 8 tnd for every half hour. Fortunately clever hubby got a Tunisian sim yesterday for my IPad which cost 10tnd, I now have unlimited access for the duration....yippee!!

Which is a result, as I'm currently sat by the pool with cafe creme and beer AND IPad.....what more could a girl want.:p:D:wacky:
Enjoy your time Jane , i can't believe there is no free access for Internet ???Thanks God you have Aymen with you , he solve this problem or you can buy Clé 3G orange or just use Internet on your phone !

Jane BM

Enjoy your time Jane , i can't believe there is no free access for Internet ???Thanks God you have Aymen with you , he solve this problem or you can buy Clé 3G orange or just use Internet on your phone !
Oh definitely needed it on my IPad....screen too small on my phone!! :confused: