Chit Chat about anything..

MellieC

more accurate lol

skele

the company resposnible for the visa database, have confirmed to me, that IF a call is made to the UK port of intended arrival, there is a UKBA official who will confirm statuses ~ Residence Cards etc.
Oh, this must be who they called when we were going home for Christmas and he confirmed (wrongly and illegally) that we couldn't go. Splendid. Good luck Cherie, it's a minefield.

caucious

thanx guys, i thought as much, just have to watch till i go and get my daughter to record the rest. and yes there are some really good singers on it

caucious

im in sousse from 9 november for 6 weeks and id love to meet up

jonr

I am in PEK from 28th Sept to 12th Oct.

skele

Tunisians discover secret archive in Paris - Features - Al Jazeera English

This is an interesting article, would love to see the documents they found. Look at any picture of Sarkozy and Ben Ali and you can see what good buddies they were. Of course the French government knew everything that went on in Tunisia, all politicians are dirty (or at least 99 percent of them, the ones that aren't don't have a hope in hell of getting anywhere).

caveatemptor

And here was me thing you were a man of taste ! X Factor !!!??? Dear god cave, you have just gone down in my estimation :rolleyes::p

Yes but, it is a light entertainment (somewhat lacking in modern tv) talent show which does feature some very good singers, my argument is when they allow vulnerable individuals to be publicly humiliated. I could understand you scoffing if I said I liked Big Brother or any other show with talentless Z-list "celebrities" poncing around. Bring back Morecombe and Wise!! lol.

MellieC

And here was me thing you were a man of taste ! X Factor !!!??? Dear god cave, you have just gone down in my estimation :rolleyes::p

Yes but, it is a light entertainment (somewhat lacking in modern tv) talent show which does feature some very good singers, my argument is when they allow vulnerable individuals to be publicly humiliated. I could understand you scoffing if I said I liked Big Brother or any other show with talentless Z-list "celebrities" poncing around. Bring back Morecombe and Wise!! lol.
one could ask why people want to humiliate themselves, but they actually think they are really good singers or whatever.

my daughter watches things like x factor, britains got talent (Paul potts audition was a show stopper huh!)
and she insisted i watch a couple of "auditions" in a re-run they do late at night on TV, one was a young girl, only 17,

she had an AMAZING voice! the other audition was a guy who was very camp, in his 40's, jeans, trainers, "shell suit" jacket, and baseball cap, people just stared at him, he sang the etta james classic "at last", and BOY did he nail it!

had to "youtube" etta james singing it for my daughter to hear the original lol
i just sat there thinking he was the next Danny la Rue!

slightly OT, there used to be a show forget the name, where people dressed up as the person they were "going to be" ~ it was yer average brit, and also they did celebrity versions?

something else my daughter would be glued to watching! a guy came on, was "gonna be" Ben E King, and HE nailed it!

i put an LP on so my daughter could hear the ORIGINAL (in mono lol) she was more fascinated with the "LP" next day she bought some freinds around to see this really weird thing (NO not me, the LP!) she proceeded to show them how "it worked"

"and then you turn it over and there is more" she said, as they all looked on with wide eyed amazement!

Only day in my life i "felt old" ROTFL

Cd's are older than she is!

lainie

stars in their eyes - presented by matthew kelly

MellieC

THATS HIM THE GUY WITH THE BEARD!

oops caps stuck lol

hair makeup and wardrobe really made it work, but some really had worked at it, albeit a take off and not themselves!

Mossy

Okay, I agree but still don't watch it - or others of the same genre.

I'm sure they would bring back Morecambe and Wise if Eric Morecambe wasn't dead !!

I find there are very few really good shows like that any more. Even all the good comedy shows have gone like, "Summer Wine" , "One foot in the grave" etc. etc.

C

Cas

Youngest son still laughing at something on TV last night -Shrubs and Neh, from Monty Python- said a guy with Tourettes had controlled his outbursts by saying the line and was brilliant.

MellieC

NOW THAT is TV lol

I like it MR SUMMERBEE, I LIKE IT

aljaye

right now im having troule remembering who i am lol..not sure if plans are changing..so ill just watch this space lol

MellieC

hi hun, commented on this a while back, it was when the original wave of lampedusans arrived in paris, they camped at what used to be the Tunisian arts and cultural centre, found all the documents, tunisia claimed the centre VERY quickly as an extension of the embassy so tune soil, the french police ejected the tunes that were there, but a few managed to get some documents to solicitors etc, not only was Sarky VERY aware of what was going on, the french govt not only supported it, they financed it!! in return for renault exports!

bit like macdondals and ireland, same principle!!

Nawara

It is wellknown that Sarko and Ben Ali were good befriended

Black Mamba

Already disclosed by Wikileaks/that book about Ben Ali and his wife Leila.

Nawara

La régente de Carthage

Mezoo

VIP Member
Any way of checking??
Is there anyway at all that I could be notified or I could check when a person leaves Tunisia to come to the Uk?? :rolleyes: !!! :(
good luck on this one. but i bet in can be done. as always, in tunisia, if ya know the right person. just love the thread name. :D got my attention straight away. :cool:
still holds true,,,,,,,,if ya know what i mean! ;)