CONI..

Mizz Kinza

gettin a CONI translated in tunis at the british embassy is currently 160TND
PRICE Paid by myself ON 01/10/10

to get a coni u either need to give notice to ur local registry office for 21 days n then go to tunis to translate

OR

u give tunis british embassy 21 days notice by residing 1st in the country for 21 days; waiting for CONI 21 days n paying near enough 300TND for the same job......

FoxyRoxie89

Yay so I know what it will be in 2weeks :) x

gem15

I Picked up my CONI today and the total cost was 308 dinar. It was 149 Dinar for the banns to be read and 169 dinar to pick up the CONI. How much is it to have the banns read in the UK?

FoxyRoxie89

banns in UK... Omg I have forgotten exact amount already lol but think 33.50 x

gem15

So why is it so much over here? Anything to get some more money off you it's disgusting. Im just glad i didnt have to get it translated as well.

Mizz Kinza

OMG rip off mattteee!!!

it costs more coz the embassy here jus wants ur money muahahaha *evil laugh*

its 33.50 to have banns read in the uk from local registry office n posted for 21 days notice

its easier to have CONI done in the uk n then all u pay is 160tnd in tunis to have the certificate translated into french!!!

u got ripped off babe
anyone cud have applied for ur CONI back home providing they have ur permission n all the relevant details

MellieC

So why is it so much over here? Anything to get some more money off you it's disgusting. Im just glad i didnt have to get it translated as well.
I am wondering if they also post banns in the UK?

either way, they seriously charge more!

scorpio

collecting coni

hi
I paid £30 for coni in scotland. Can anyone tell me if my fiance can collect the coni alone without me. If i post it to him.

Mrs H

hi
I paid £30 for coni in scotland. Can anyone tell me if my fiance can collect the coni alone without me. If i post it to him.
Dont think so cos if I remember correctly I had to sign something & show my passport.

To be quite honest I wouldnt risk posting something like that to Tunisia, the chances of it getting lost in the system are quite high.

If you go to the embassy early enough in the morning you might get the translated coni back the same day, or if you are having to travel a long way to the embassy, explain this to them & they might just do it the same day. We got ours back within an hour as we went on a Thursday not knowing that the embassy was going to be closed the next day. The woman was really helpful.

gem15

OMG rip off mattteee!!!

it costs more coz the embassy here jus wants ur money muahahaha *evil laugh*

its 33.50 to have banns read in the uk from local registry office n posted for 21 days notice

its easier to have CONI done in the uk n then all u pay is 160tnd in tunis to have the certificate translated into french!!!

u got ripped off babe
anyone cud have applied for ur CONI back home providing they have ur permission n all the relevant details

I have no home address in the UK as i live in Tunisia so I couldnt have had it done there.

annibee

mine was £35 here and £9 for new birth cert.

FoxyRoxie89

33.50 coni and 9 birth cert here for me :D

tazek

somone on this site told us about translation service in sousse. If it's possible to have the translation done there, do I still have to take CONI and B.CERT for stamp in Tunis?

annibee

i think you can get brth certificate translated in sousse but CONI must be done in tunis

debstyler

Just went through all this last week!! CONI MUST be translated at the embassy and it was TND159! Check first with where you will be getting married. Mine had to be translated into french - not sure if this is the norm. I got my birth certificate translated in Sousse which cost TND12 hope this helps!
BTW CONI in Northern Ireland cost me £15 and birth certificate £12.

missmetal

Do you have to make an appointment with the Embassy, or can you just drop in to pick up the CONI and arrange the translation?

debstyler

We just turned up at the embassy in Tunis no appointment needed. Do go first thing tho as they should then be able to give you the translation back the same day! Good luck and I hope all goes well for you x

missmetal

We just turned up at the embassy in Tunis no appointment needed. Do go first thing tho as they should then be able to give you the translation back the same day! Good luck and I hope all goes well for you x
Thanks Debstyler, me too and congrats on yours

scorpio

I also got mine same day, I got there at half 9 and she told us to come back before 1. She was Not very pleased bout it but I told her I would extremely grateful cos we were gettin married next day.

Loopy

Hi Everyone,

Just after a bit of advice please - Does anyone know how strict they are with the date/place named on your CONI?

Reason I ask is with Thomas Cook cancelling all our flights, my friends and family are scared and won't fly into Tunis - So now thinking of going alone and having small family wedding in his home town - But named Sousse on the CONI?

Thanks for any advice x