CONI..

hollysahbi

Brave or mad i am unsure which yet lol I always said I would not ever do long distance again but this relationship
just kind of happened we have been very good friends for two years before anything started.
Thats what makes this one feel right :)

Hoping to live there hecis in charge of the buisiness so he got a lot of respobsiblity over there.

Jane BM

Brave or mad i am unsure which yet lol I always said I would not ever do long distance again but this relationship
just kind of happened we have been very good friends for two years before anything started.
Thats what makes this one feel right :)

Hoping to live there hecis in charge of the buisiness so he got a lot of respobsiblity over there.
Wow that's a lot of change coming your way then...lol. A move over there as well. Do you have children Holly? Whereabouts in Tunisia will be you be living?

salim

How did you met your boyfriend? What make you sure he will be a good partner specially you got as i guess , a bad experience with your ex !

Jane BM

How did you met your boyfriend? What make you sure he will be a good partner specially you got as i guess , a bad experience with your ex !
Think I'd be 'once bitten twice shy' Salim.......lol

Milk

With the CONI and BC, can you request for it to be already in French from your Country so that it doesn't need to be translated once your in Tunisia to avoid having to pay the translation costs?

Jane BM

With the CONI and BC, can you request for it to be already in French from your Country so that it doesn't need to be translated once your in Tunisia to avoid having to pay the translation costs?
Not sure Raindrops, we had ours translated. I will say though that its very very cheap to have translations done in Tunisia. But perhaps someone else knows.

missmetal

You should be able to get your BC in french from Canada already. I would assume it comes in both languages. And to be honest I would assume that they would do the same for the CONI.

Write to the mission out there, since we are a bilingual country they should be able to provide it in your language of choice.

missmetal

I recall submitting documents from Tunisia that were in French to the Canadian embassy and my application was in English and we had no problems. Here's there email address [email protected]

missmetal

Here's what the CIC website in Tunis states:
The Tunisian authorities will ask you to submit is a certificate stating there are no impediments to your marriage "Certificat de non-empêchement". As this document is not required by Canadian Law, a Declaration in lieu of a Certificat de non-empêchement will be issued. This certificate must be issued by the Canadian Embassy in Tunisia, located in Tunis during the consular service hours to client. Fees in the amount of $50 apply. You will have to present your Canadian passport and provide the name, date and place of birth of the person you intend to marry.

alex35

hi i just want to ask a question i am getting marrried beginin of June this year, I am going for my appointment for the coni end of April and then my coni gors on show for 21days I can pick it up on day 22, my bc will take a few days to come so i am ordering that end of april.I am flyin out end of may, so can you get ur bc translated in 1 day and then we are going to get our medical done on my 2nd day of arrival and thenplan to go to the embassy wiv my coni and they translate it there is that correct is there anythin i have missed out on or anything else i need to take with me.

Jane BM

hi i just want to ask a question i am getting marrried beginin of June this year, I am going for my appointment for the coni end of April and then my coni gors on show for 21days I can pick it up on day 22, my bc will take a few days to come so i am ordering that end of april.I am flyin out end of may, so can you get ur bc translated in 1 day and then we are going to get our medical done on my 2nd day of arrival and thenplan to go to the embassy wiv my coni and they translate it there is that correct is there anythin i have missed out on or anything else i need to take with me.
You can scan and email your CONI to the Embassy when you've got it, saves a trip to the Embassy cos then you'll only need to go to pick up the translated copy from them. Don't order your BC till a couple of weeks before you go as it needs to be no older than 21 days old when you get married. Yes you can get your paperwork translated in just a day over there...

alex35

thank you that is really helpful, can i ask you where does my bc go once i have got it translated and is it the coni that the embassy need to see? the first week I am there is the sorting out week and the second is when we are marrying

Jane BM

thank you that is really helpful, can i ask you where does my bc go once i have got it translated and is it the coni that the embassy need to see? the first week I am there is the sorting out week and the second is when we are marrying
Yep it's the CONI that the embassy translate..your BC you take to a translator over there and get that translated, then both translated documents you give to the Notaire who is marrying you..along with your medical papers, copy of your passport and I think a couple of passport size photos. If you've been divorced before as well you'll need your original decree absolute and need to get that translated as well.

Milk

Thank you missmetal for the great info. I did phone and Canada does issue Certificat de non-empêchement. You also can have them do both documents in French. As they are both in French, will I need to send the CONI to the embassy?

I do have a question as there is no way that someone in Canada can get a BC issued and have in Tunisia within 21 days of a marriage. It takes the government here up to 5 weeks to issue and mail out any form of documents. I found the Canadian Tunisian Embassy and she let me know that it could be issued 3 months before the marriage just like the Coni. I'm a bit confused now as my friend even told me that it has to be 21 days???????? Won't get it back with a date of 21 days. How did you solve this issue missmetal

missmetal

Thank you missmetal for the great info. I did phone and Canada does issue Certificat de non-empêchement. You also can have them do both documents in French. As they are both in French, will I need to send the CONI to the embassy?

I do have a question as there is no way that someone in Canada can get a BC issued and have in Tunisia within 21 days of a marriage. It takes the government here up to 5 weeks to issue and mail out any form of documents. I found the Canadian Tunisian Embassy and she let me know that it could be issued 3 months before the marriage just like the Coni. I'm a bit confused now as my friend even told me that it has to be 21 days???????? Won't get it back with a date of 21 days. How did you solve this issue missmetal
I dealt with several countries. South African born with British citizenship and only recently Canadian. My Bc was more than 21 days old because it took south Africa 6 months to issue it and then a few weeks to receive it and fly over. Hubby spoke to the registrar who was marrying us and he explained the process. I think mine was 2 months old by the time we married. I don't believe it's a hard and fast rule, seems that negotiating is possible.

As I was working through the British embassy I had a different process to follow. However reading what the CIC says it mentions that you go to the embassy and notify them of your intent to marry and they will issue the coni there. But i dont know how long it takes for them to do that. What I suggest though is to find out exactly what is needed becaause in the UK you need to notify the registrar or embassy 21 days before you want to get married in which time someone can protest it if they want to. I'm not sure if that's the same in Canadian law as the laws are pretty mixed between British, French and some American even.

Jane BM

I'd be careful about anything the Tunisian Embassy in your country advise you. They gave me incorrect advise prior to my marriage...I think though that regardless of which language your CONI is in and whether it needs translating or not, that you do need to present it to the Canadian Embassy in Tunisia before you get married, but you can double check that with the Canadian Embassy in Tunisia or check out their website there, they usually have that kind of information on there.

Olfa Ayedi

Hello Everyone.
i need some help please.
Me & My husband to be are getting married 29th august this year in Tunisia.
I'm english & he is tunisian.
we both understand all the paperwork needed & that my papers need to be translated.
with the CONI im getting it done in england at the Registar office.. & i have been told that i've got to "live" in tunisia for 21 days before we can take the CONI to the british embassy in tunis & then once we have handed it over we have then got to wait another 21 days for the embassy to translate the CONI in to french or arabic.
please help, thank you so much.

Jane BM

Hello Everyone.
i need some help please.
Me & My husband to be are getting married 29th august this year in Tunisia.
I'm english & he is tunisian.
we both understand all the paperwork needed & that my papers need to be translated.
with the CONI im getting it done in england at the Registar office.. & i have been told that i've got to "live" in tunisia for 21 days before we can take the CONI to the british embassy in tunis & then once we have handed it over we have then got to wait another 21 days for the embassy to translate the CONI in to french or arabic.
please help, thank you so much.
Don't know who told you this, but they're talking rubbish...lol

When you apply for your CONI at your local registry office it then takes 21 days before you are issued with it, once you've got it you can take it to the Embassy in Tunis, have it translated and back within a day!!!! Or, what I did and some others did, once i received my CONI here I scanned and emailled it to Tunis along with an accompanying note then once i went over to Tunisia I just had to make one trip to the Embassy to collect it. Hope that helps...

missmetal

I concur, I'm British living in canada and I had to advertise my intention to marry in the local newspaper for 21 days befor they would notify the embassy in Tunis. It's a similar process in the UK they will put up a notice at your local registry office (so I've been told) and after 21 days with no objections to your wedding, they will issue you the CONI.

Trulymadlydeeply

It's only if you are living in tunisia you do your coni there and have to wait 21 days for it. If you live in the uk you do it here. As for the translation I'm sure it a matter of a day or two.