CONI..

Olfa Ayedi

Don't know who told you this, but they're talking rubbish...lol

When you apply for your CONI at your local registry office it then takes 21 days before you are issued with it, once you've got it you can take it to the Embassy in Tunis, have it translated and back within a day!!!! Or, what I did and some others did, once i received my CONI here I scanned and emailled it to Tunis along with an accompanying note then once i went over to Tunisia I just had to make one trip to the Embassy to collect it. Hope that helps...
Thank you so much for all your help. Love & hug :)

Olfa Ayedi

I concur, I'm British living in canada and I had to advertise my intention to marry in the local newspaper for 21 days befor they would notify the embassy in Tunis. It's a similar process in the UK they will put up a notice at your local registry office (so I've been told) and after 21 days with no objections to your wedding, they will issue you the CONI.
Thank you so much for your help. Love & hug :)

Olfa Ayedi

It's only if you are living in tunisia you do your coin there and have to wait 21 days for it. If you live in the uk you do it here. As for the translation I'm sure it a matter of a day or two.
Thank you so much for your help. Love & hug :)

Milk

I concur, I'm British living in canada and I had to advertise my intention to marry in the local newspaper for 21 days befothey would notify the embassy in Tunis. It's a similar process in the UK they will put up a notice at your local registry office (so I've been told) and after 21 days with no objections to your wedding, they will issue you the CONI.
I have a few question...

1. You had to put an announcement in the paper 21 days? Was that before you applied for the Coni, after or when they sent you back your stuff with an approval?

2. Do you and your husband to be, have to in Tunis together to pick up the coni or can he just go himself? Do they notify you when you can come and pick it up or can you just go the next day once they have been notified? How did you know that they Tun Embassy received the notification?

3. When you applied for your coni and bc, did you get them in french, from Canada and then sent them to Tunisia? I'm thinking of getting everything back in French already so when I send them, they don't have to be translated.

4. How does Tunisia Embassy get notified? Does the Canadian gov fax it over or Did you have to fax it?

Jane BM

I have a few question...

1. You had to put an announcement in the paper 21 days? Was that before you applied for the Coni, after or when they sent you back your stuff with an approval?

2. Do you and your husband to be, have to in Tunis together to pick up the coni or can he just go himself? Do they notify you when you can come and pick it up or can you just go the next day once they have been notified? How did you know that they Tun Embassy received the notification?

3. When you applied for your coni and bc, did you get them in french, from Canada and then sent them to Tunisia? I'm thinking of getting everything back in French already so when I send them, they don't have to be translated.

4. How does Tunisia Embassy get notified? Does the Canadian gov fax it over or Did you have to fax it?
I can answer a few of these...

Firstly when you go to APPLY for your CONI from your local registry it takes 3 weeks before you can receive it from them...that's the 21 days.

It's NOT the Tunisian embassy that gets involved, it's your own in Tunis, so when you've received your CONI you take it to your Embassy who then translate it, you can get it back the next day. Not sure about whether your partner can collect it, off the top of my head I'd say no, after all it's YOUR CONI not his, but I may be wrong there.

Once you've received all your translated documents, you then give them to the Notaire before you get married..they then do the 'legal stuff' and notify the authorities etc, you them receive a wedding certificate.

Hope that helps...

Olfa Ayedi

Firstly when you go to APPLY for your CONI from your local registry it takes 3 weeks before you can receive it from them...that's the 21 days.

It's NOT the Tunisian embassy that gets involved, it's your own in Tunis, so when you've received your CONI you take it to your Embassy who then translate it, you can get it back the next day. Not sure about whether your partner can collect it, off the top of my head I'd say no, after all it's YOUR CONI not his, but I may be wrong there.

Once you've received all your translated documents, you then give them to the Notaire before you get married..they then do the 'legal stuff' and notify the authorities etc, you them receive a wedding certificate.

Hope that helps...
Hello Everyone,
Once i have got all my papers translated & i have got my CONI translated at the british embassy in tunis.
what then happens, do we just go ahead & book the wedding OR is there some thing else that we need to do.
i will be in tunisia 10 days before we get married.
thank you so much for all your help :)

Jane BM

Hello Everyone,
Once i have got all my papers translated & i have got my CONI translated at the british embassy in tunis.
what then happens, do we just go ahead & book the wedding OR is there some thing else that we need to do.
You can book the wedding anyway, you don't need to wait for the CONI to be translated. Just make sure you HAVE the translated CONI when you marry. We organised our wedding a few months in advance, then sorted my CONI, went over a week before the wedding, collected my CONI, had our blood tests done, got all my other paperwork translated (BC and previous divorce papers), these were then all given to the Notaire along with my husbands papers he needed to produce. That's it....

Olfa Ayedi

You can book the wedding anyway, you don't need to wait for the CONI to be translated. Just make sure you HAVE the translated CONI when you marry. We organised our wedding a few months in advance, then sorted my CONI, went over a week before the wedding, collected my CONI, had our blood tests done, got all my other paperwork translated (BC and previous divorce papers), these were then all given to the Notaire along with my husbands papers he needed to produce. That's it....
:) Thank you so much for all your help Janebenmohamed, Love & hugs :)

missmetal

Hope that helps...
I have a few question...

I have a few question...

I have a few question...

Hi Raindrops, I think Jane answered this already for you. However I was applying as a British subject as I was not yet Canadian. So the newspaper ad was to satisfy the UK embassy I Vancouver first before granting me the Right for the CONI to be issued at the UK embassy in Tunis. I don't know the marriage process here for the local wedding registries. You will need to speak to your local municipality.

I also think that you can request your docs in French since we are eng and fr here so you might save in translation costs unlike the UK embassy

Trulymadlydeeply

Hello Everyone,
Depending on when you are getting married I would get it booked before you go over. Gets busy during the summer months, so if you've a date in mind you can book it anytime.

Delia35

Hi
Can anyone tell me the address of the registry ( town hall place where civil marriages take place) office in hammam sousse please?
Need it for my cert of no impediment.
Thanks

Jane BM

Hi
Can anyone tell me the address of the registry ( town hall place where civil marriages take place) office in hammam sousse please?
Need it for my cert of no impediment.
Thanks
Hi Delia, hopefully someone will be able to help you who lives over there.

Why do you need it for your CONI though?

Delia35

Hi Jane.
Thanks for reply. Apparently they now need specific address. They didn't used to and you could just put sousse Tunisia. This was the information I was told when booking my coni appointment with my local registry office.
Yes hoping someone can help as my fiancé lives in the south so trying to prevent him having to go up to sousse.
Thanks again.
:)

Jane BM

Hi Jane.
Thanks for reply. Apparently they now need specific address. They didn't used to and you could just put sousse Tunisia. This was the information I was told when booking my coni appointment with my local registry office.
Yes hoping someone can help as my fiancé lives in the south so trying to prevent him having to go up to sousse.
Thanks again.
:)
I do remember that when I got mine in 2011 that they asked for specific address, I couldn't give it cos I didn't know it, I just said the town, didn't even get the town right as it turned out...lol, plus we changed the venue anyway. Didn't have any problems though.

Trulymadlydeeply

Me too. I put Tunis, we maried in La Marsa :)

Milk

So it doesn't matter how old the coni is? Does the same apply for the B.C.? Just as long as you have it on the wedding day after picking it up from the Embassy in Tunis. My friend was told that they both had to be no older then 21 days.

Jane BM

So it doesn't matter how old the coni is? Does the same apply for the B.C.? Just as long as you have it on the wedding day after picking it up from the Embassy in Tunis. My friend was told that they both had to be no older then 21 days.
No it's only the BC that needs to be less than 3 weeks old at the date of your wedding. Your CONI is valid for either 3 or 6 months from the date of issue...(my mind has gone totally blank as I can't remember whether its 3 or 6, someone else may remember). Your local registry office will also know.

Delia35

Still wanting help? Anyone know how I can find this address. I have googled unsuccessfully! The British embassy doesn't have addresses of municiplete buildings.
Thanks for your help.

lynn

I just said the registrar in Sidi Bouzid they were happy with that