Cost of a Wedding

Milk

Thought is would be great to have a post on the average cost of what you spent for your wedding. Right down to breaking the cost down for section such as rentals, hair, hanna, cake, dress, men suits, DJ, flowers ex...

If you have a great website, names with numbers of the person that you used, would be great to post it as well.

Would be helpful in future planning for those who do not live in Tunisia, who's husbands and others are trying to scam as well as helping in choosing those professionals who are good at what they do. For me, I would really like a band who know how to play very well (not just some guy who plays Tunisian music on a keyboard)

Rabz12

This would be so helpful. I don't know what to wedding dress wise as the Tunisian ones are not really appealing to me :(

Jane BM

This would be so helpful. I don't know what to wedding dress wise as the Tunisian ones are not really appealing to me :(
A lot of us bought our dresses in the UK and took them over with us....the Tunisian ones are just a bit too blingy for me!!

maynardlynne

take your own wedding gown with you.thats what most of us have done.....you only wear your gown on the night celebration and not to get married in:). alot different to our tradition

Rabz12

ive never been to or seen a tunisian wedding so im just going along with what im being told lol yeah more than likely i will be taking wedding dress from here x

maynardlynne

just make sure he doesnt ask you to pay for everything:eek: .....some tunes come up with rediculous amounts of money, which they say is the going rate.;)

Trulymadlydeeply

I got married in mine.. As you say Jane very blingy and heavy as it had a really long train on it too covered in sequins :)

Rabz12

no no im not paying for it all im just paying for my own things lol the tunisian dresses are way too blingy for my liking aswell

Jasmine

Got married in mine too :D

gem15

Me too :D

Jane BM

Me three

Rabz12

anyone have any info on various wedding venues in sousse or pek mines only a small wedding of about 30 close people and family i looked into garden grill in pek and the quoted me rent of 2000 dinar but that doesnt include drinks deco thats just the rent and for food i think. Ive emailed them back asking if it can go any cheaper because its a small party with not many guests so awaiting a reply its beautiful in there

Trulymadlydeeply

It is beautiful and that does seem a lot of money especially for somewhere that is struggling for custom, I mean the country as a whole not specifically where you are talking about.

alex35

let me how you get on there I was going to go there but decided nt to,I am gettin married in June and I only have a small wedding have decided to do it at a resturant in Sousse.xxx

huttan

Well as far as I did count around a wedding...just the costs around it with paperwork,doctor translation and all not counting any guests it would be high to count £150 to cover. A lamb around £75 to £ 150 maybe....so thats around £300 max...and then the cost of renting a room...

I do remember someone renting a nice room at a hotel for all people...quite big one for around £150...if thats normal cost or not-I dont know?All that together is about £450 then...but you can keep it cheap if you want too and have it in someones home or garden.

All depends on what you want....and DONT pay for all your self..let them pay at least half of the costs. No man with some self respect will never let the woman pay for all.

Rabz12

I haven't had a reply from them yet still waiting. If they don't cut it I doubt il do it there because what I've read on forum people have done the entire wedding for that much. We are going 50/50 on the cost but hes insisting on paying for most of it. I've seen the pics on Facebook page and the fleur restaurant looks decent as well. I've got about 8-9months to organise but I'm a control freak I need to know details and approx costs now lol

alex35

i am like that but being here its really hard to organize than an english wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabz12

Oh I thought it would be easier if you were actually there. Have you been around to see places ?? I'm making a little scrapbook with pics of what I want and how I want things. I've got numbers and details written down. The only things I'm taking from here (uk) is the wedding dress. Everything else I'm going to book with him in April. When are you getting married ??

alex35

i am getting married at the begining of june i am going out in march,i no what i want, i have seen my wedding cake,flowers,i have my dress and everything that goes with it,and i have seen the resturant to we are goin to visit it in march.......its just the paperwork that gave the headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabz12

Which restaurant you getting married in ?? Aww congrats on everything !! Yeah the paperwork is a headache !! But it's all worth it in the end. Have u ever been to a Tunisian wedding before ?? I've never been to one but I heard it lasts upto 3 days. I can only deal with one day lol