Cost of a Wedding

alex35

i have been to one when in feb last yr,it was busy..........i am only having the 1day weddin nt to much fuss!!!!!!!!!! we r goin to look at the caruso resturant its on the seafront it looks lovely my pther said its perfect and his friends who i have spoken to said its lovely its only a small meal of 30 of us, i am nt in to all the big weddin and losts of fuss, the only thing i have agreed to is marryin in there registry offfice.....and that was hard!!!!!!!!!!lol

Rabz12

That sounds nice. Yeah I agree with you. I used to want to have a big wedding but not anymore I prefer a small simple thing now. Mines going to be the same about 30 people. Don't want a big fuss made either. Do show us some pics I love weddings lol

alex35

off course i will so what do u have in mind for your weddin them where r u gettin married

Rabz12

I was thinking of the garden grill but that seems a ridiculoys price to pay for a small wedding of 30. I had a look at fluer cafe/restaurant in the t.com Facebook page and its small and beautiful in there. So I'm now going to look into that. Do you have Facebook ? You can add me on there :)

Milk

take your own wedding gown with you.thats what most of us have done.....you only wear your gown on the night celebration and not to get married in:). alot different to our tradition
Really? My friend didn't tell me that...Why is that?

I'm wearing mine all day. We're taking pictures on the beach before the wedding After a long discussion, he agreed and I'm a happy girl. :) always wanted wedding pictures on the beach. Can't do the wedding on the beach but I'll have my beach pictures

Milk

I wanted to do that...get married in a big hall of some sort with all the decorations but that's not going to happen. We will be getting married in front of the house, Tunisian style. I have had to release control over and know that I'm not in control of certain things. He reassures me to not worry, it will be lovely, just as I want. By then, it will be OK, I'm not in Tunisia, I'm in Canada and just as long as I get my pictures on the beach and in Madina at night time..I'm happy. It will be lots of fun for me and my friends and family who are coming from Canada to experience a traditional Tunisian wedding as I have heard, even on the forum, that the big Tent thing is what they do over there.

Does anybody else have anymore costs to add from their wedding. Thanks for the price of the sheep, now I know that what we estimated, may be to high and he'll have extra money to spend else where :) Longer honeymoon

Jane BM

I wanted to do that...get married in a big hall of some sort with all the decorations but that's not going to happen. We will be getting married in front of the house, Tunisian style. I have had to release control over and know that I'm not in control of certain things. He reassures me to not worry, it will be lovely, just as I want. By then, it will be OK, I'm not in Tunisia, I'm in Canada and just as long as I get my pictures on the beach and in Madina at night time..I'm happy. It will be lots of fun for me and my friends and family who are coming from Canada to experience a traditional Tunisian wedding as I have heard, even on the forum, that the big Tent thing is what they do over there.

Does anybody else have anymore costs to add from their wedding. Thanks for the price of the sheep, now I know that what we estimated, may be to high and he'll have extra money to spend else where :) Longer honeymoon
Have you factored in the cake cost, however these aren't too expensive in Tunisia...and music/dj?

You inevitably do have to hand over control of the wedding and go on trust, especially with you being so far away and not getting over there before...I'd agree with him though, that there isn't anything to worry about, especially if it all meets with his family's approval, then they will throw themselves into it, so it won't be just down to a man (no offence to any men here) to organise.

Rabz12

Hi
about the price it depends on the number of guest, I told you before that
the menu cost 60dt per person, and about the drinks I can't tell how much
will cost cause it depends on you what type of drinks you want..., but I can
Give you a glimpse, just an approximate price and when you come to make your
book and we have agree we can give you the right price

Soft drinks + with Tunisian pastry can cost 400dn
Alcoholic drinks + Tunisian pastry can cost 700~1000dn
The decoration it's not included in our service except the decoration of the
table of guests or the head table for the bride and the groom, but we can
help you by contacting a wedding designer to make it for you, and the price
can cost about ~500dn for the stage and some flowers decoration

So that's the reply I got from them. Sounds abit much to me if I'm honest

Jane BM

Hi

All sounds a bit much to me as well....I'd shop around, can be done much more affordably and just as nice!!

Rabz12

Tell me about it. I'm deffo going to shop around

huttan

Hi

Oh sounds expensive...if you keep it at a hotel the guests can buy their own alcohol drinks and then you can just having non alcohol drinks and bakery served as free. Would save you some...and yes that sounds crazy much!

Milk

I'm wondering if the prices are quoted higher because they know your not from there and can or will pay those kind of prices?

Trulymadlydeeply

Probably raindrops. Even when they deal with Tunisians that live overseas they try and rip them off!! :(

Rabz12

That's what I thought but its just way too much. I'm going to shop around see what there is. I'm not too keen on doing it in a hotel I'm really fussy lol

Milk

Have you factored in the cake cost, however these aren't too expensive in Tunisia...and music/dj?

You inevitably do have to hand over control of the wedding and go on trust, especially with you being so far away and not getting over there before...I'd agree with him though, that there isn't anything to worry about, especially if it all meets with his family's approval, then they will throw themselves into it, so it won't be just down to a man (no offence to any men here) to organise.

Thank you for the encouragement.

We did our budget. With everything, minis the singer because we were going to have both DJ and singer, the whole cost of the wedding will be about $3650, we over priced on a few things just so we have some money to play with. It will be cheaper now with him renting a suit.

Jane BM

Thank you for the encouragement.

We did our budget. With everything, minis the singer because we were going to have both DJ and singer, the whole cost of the wedding will be about $3650, we over priced on a few things just so we have some money to play with. It will be cheaper now with him renting a suit.
Well for that price Raindrops you should everything your heart desires...lol and more. Best of luck with the letting go and handing over control of it...he he...

Rabz12

Anyone aware of decent photographers. I want someone that could the proper wedding photography like when your getting ready the whole shabang lol

Milk

Does anybody know the cost of renting a hoop for my dress, if at all possible? And if so where would I go in Sousse to rent one?