Dar Khayam-Hammamet

Joy

Has anyone any views on this hotel? It is our destination September 09. Thank you in advance

suverny71

OMG this is where I met my husband.

This hotel is very good, the entertainers work very hard - long hours, keeping you entertained day and night. Sam the kids entertainer is the best, kids just hang off him day and night.

Shows can be repetative but are really funny.

All the staff in the hotel are really friendly, rooms are basic but clean ( you are only there to change and sleep in them)

Food - there is something for everyone....People moan about it being the same for the whole stay but when you are at home you would not cook chicken, fish and meat for the same meal... they try to vary this for everyone.

latif - better known as camel man is so friendly and the camels are a must. I know him very well, he has seen our kids grow up from the age of about 8...we went to his house for meals a few times too

Walid the Quad man is the nicest guy I have met for years - quads a must too.

Imed - sells the beach stuff, banana boat etc - very nice and chep too.

I really hope you enjoy this hotel as much as I do time after time. x x

Trulymadlydeeply

You like it then Suverny :)
The hotel I met my EX hubby was awful :( We travelled with what was then called Airtours, they had sooooo many complaints they pulled out of the Hotel while we were staying there!!!!!
We couldnt get transferred to a different Hotel and it rained for a whole week on and off. Not the fault of the Hotel but made the place seem even worse. I dont know if it still exists havent seen it in any brochures, Hotel El Fel in Hamammet. I renamed it El Hell !!:( :D

suverny71

Hiya

never heard of that one..

I have been going to the dar Khayam for about 7 years...not stayed there for 1 year now though but because i know laods of people they let us walk in and out.....

Met my Hubby there u know him Chagui... u left me your number in a Pm but I never got the chance to write it down... wedding nerves at the time nearly forgot everything...

Not liking the fact I am here and he is there... sad but work is keeping me busy.. soon as my new passport comes back will be applying for the visa... help!!!!!!!!!

Joy

Thanks Suverny for the great info. TMD, sorry to hear your experience was a bad one

Trulymadlydeeply

Never mind I have stayed in wonderful Hotels since then. Love Riu Park El Kebir in Hamammet.

Dave+Bob

Hi,
The dar Kayyam is probably the worst hotel in Tunisia - we stayed one night before being getting a free upgrade from Thomas Cook. It is all-inclusive, but if you can't eat it its extra.. a bit like Butlins used to be. It definitely does not represent Tunisian three star standards.

Dave and Bob.

Rachel

Hi,
I have only been home from Tunisia for 1 weeks after being there for 1 month during my time in tunisia me and my husband stayed at this hotel for 10 days. If your just wanting a relaxing beach holiday then its fine. I found it ok, my husband did not like the food in the resturant so even though we were staying all inclusive we did go out to eat quite alot. the times we did eat in the hotel it was very repetitive. The shows on the evening are quite cheesy but entertaining. The animation staff are lovely, couldnt fault them.
The hotel is right on the beach too. The rooms are fine for the time that you spend in them.

Hope this helps
Rachel

aynbunni

Past it's best

About 18 years ago the Dar Khayam was an oasis of calm in a well established garden, then it changed about 10 years ago to all inclusive, and more development down the road toward Hammamet, made this a poor offer. With respect to those who enjoy this level of conveyor belt service, and met their chosen life partners, you get what you pay for. As an option against all other options in this lovely resort, I would not recommend it to anyone.:mad:

danilou21

I really liked it at the Dar Khayam. The food is good, much better than a 5* hotel we stayed at in the Sahara. The rooms are basic, but clean. The staff are really good, the entertainment is OK, but you have to consider the amount of different nationalies they have to cater for.
I will be going back to this hotel, I had a good time there!

ginabeena37

dar khayam

over the past 4 years i have stayed in the dar khayam many times, and have got to say i thought it was a good hotel, but this year i have stayed twice and will not be returning, it seems to have gone right down hill, the food was terrible and very limited, the entertainment was boring. what a waste because it really was great before

Cheryl

I have been going to this hotel for the past 2 years and I will be returning in Oct. It's a great place and you couldn't wish to meet nicer people. The animation team are great fun and go out of their way to make you enjoy yourself. Hope you have a fantastic time.

P.S. I met my boyfriend there in November 07.

P.S. ginabeena37 do you no what happened to the chef and Zedan the receptionist? I saw photo's of them on your review of Dar Khayam?

ginabeena37

Hiya
hi and congrats on your marriage,
i know chagui, and what a lovely fella he is.
i have been going to dar khayam for 4 years now,,,
stayed in many hotels but none are like that 1, i love it

ginabeena37

hi ali and tracey

hi
sorry for the late reply
they were lovely in fact all the staff are great
bouraoui and zedan both married english lasses and i beleive are now in uk

Cheryl

hi gina

thanks for your reply. i managed to find out about zedan, he is married and now living in manchester. the chef i couldn't find out about. but yes both great and good luck to them both.

thanks again gina

Cheryl

to suverny 71

i also know chagui and i wish you both all the best for your future together. it's great when we get good success stories about tunisia men marrying english woman.

good luck

Jess

the lifeguards at the dar khayam and barman at the pool with the slides are very friendly and nice. i think is is called Ram - he is very quiet and does not chat up women which is a pleasant change.

N

needhimhere

Hotel Dar Khayem

Has anyone any views on this hotel? It is our destination September 09. Thank you in advance
Hiya,

i also met my man there,the hotel and staff are great and you are guarenteed to have a fab time.

Essem

Staff member
Hi needhimhere,

Welcome to the forum!

arabchique

Hiya,

i also met my man there,the hotel and staff are great and you are guarenteed to have a fab time.
OMG ... have you girls left any staff at this hotel ...

hehehehe

:D