Dates for holidaying in Tunisia!!!!

UKPhil

getting to tunisia

How do you prefer to travel to Tunisia?

We usually go with BA from Gatwick to Tunis, price varies between £99 and silly prices depending on the dates. I have tried Tunisair-similar prices to BAbut personally don't much like Heathrow. Sometimes see cheap charter flights, but not tried any.

Driving is an experience, if you have 3 days to spare! Ferry from Marseille to Tunisis about £700 for a car plus 2 passengers with a cabin. Plus the cost of the tolls through France, petrol and the channel tunnel... petrol is 40p a litre in Tunisia, Diesel around 25p.

Phil

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
RE: getting to tunisia

The same car down to Gatwick then on to Tunis. I went Air Italia with two stops but never again.

I dream of the day when they do flights easyjet style from Stanstead. I heard Easyjet fly to Morrocco now maybe this may happen!

Bigbrother

Cheap Scheduled Flights to Monastir

Hi All

We’re going to Monastir on or around 22nd October for a few weeks – can anyone recommend cheap, scheduled flights only – we can’t go charter as my husband is Tunisian and was told he could only travel on a charter flight if is part of a package – it isn’t as we are staying with family.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.:)

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
RE: Cheap Scheduled Flights to Monastir

That sounds bizzare Thompson, xcel, panorma and thomas cook maybe good places to start (links on the main sites flights page).

I cannot see the difference as the business bit (ie customs) just check you details etc I may be wrong but I cannot see the difference? As you could go on the internet now and book flight only on a plane with people on packages?

Maybe I am wrong but if you book the flight a flights a flight?

Can you give me some more details on the reasoning and I will ask Hajer to find out.

Bigbrother

Hi

Thanks for a quick response. With regards to Charter/Scheduled I got so much conflicting information from the Tunisian Consulate and the Tunisian Tourist Board and from a travel company that I finally spoke to someone at Thomson and they confirmed that my husband can only fly on schedule flights. The Consulate and Tourist Board said he could fly scheduled or chartered. Confusing! A woman who travels often to Tunisia with her husband mentioned it first to me that Tunisians can only fly charter if its part of a package deal. I will contact her and get an update on this. When my husband came over in April he travelled on a scheduled flight from Monastir. I didn’t want to take the chance and pay for a charter flight running the risk of having to buy another ticket because I got it wrong. I’ll contact the airlines mentioned also to see what their opinion is. We are going on holiday in October, he has a 2 year UK Entry Visa.

Thanks.!

Hank

this sounds very tricky, i hope you get it sorted ok

tracnad

My husband is Tunisian too and he was also told this so for the first few times we flew with British Airways or Tunisair. Then one year we decided to try booking a charter flight with Thomas Cook. They accepted the booking and we flew with them to Monastir with no problems whatsoever. If you really want to go scheduled then try Nouvelair.

Bigbrother

Thanks, I normally fly with BA and we will probably do this when we return later this year. My husband did fly with Nouvelair when he came over in April on a scheduled flight from Monastir.
I did speak to a number of airlines, and some said he could fly chartered and would need to book a minimum of one night at a hotel, another said, he could fly chartered and would attach a hotel to the booking, but not book the hotel! Funny! Thomson were the only airline that had the restrictions.
Regards.

candikisses

flights 2 monastir

i want 2 find cheap flights 2 monastir on the 3rd of sept
cant book untill friday. any one know who are the best/ cheapest company 2 try
thanks all xx

candikisses

RE: flights 2 monastir

cheers got the accom stayin wiv a friend
just need the flights
x

Bigbrother

Email from Tunisiafirst:[/align]have flights from London Heathrow to Tunis on Saturday 2nd September or Sunday 3rd September at the following times:[/align]outbound 17.05 depart Heathrow 20.55 arrive Tunis[/align]return 16th or 17th September 14.20 depart Tunis 16.15 arrive Heathrow[/align][/align]£269 inclusive of taxes[/align][/align]or Sunday 3rd September 22.15 depart Gatwick 02.10 arrive Monastir[/align]return Sunday 17th September 19.10 depart Monastir 21.15 arrive Gatwick[/align][/align]£249 inclusive of taxes.[/align][/align][/align][email protected][/align][align=left][link=http://www.tunisiafirst.co.uk/]http://www.tunisiafirst.co.uk/[/link]
01276 600100[/align][/align]or [/align]Tunisair[/align]0207 734 7644[/align]I got a quote for £209 into Tunis in September[/align][/align]or[/align][link=http://www.justtheflight.co.uk/scheduled-flights/destinations.html]http://www.justtheflight.co.uk/scheduled-flights/destinations.html[/link][/align][/align]or[/align][link=http://www.lowcost-tunisia.com/]http://www.lowcost-tunisia.com/[/link][/align]arriving/departing early hours of the morning! [&:][/align][/align]There are really cheap flights to Tunisia, which take hours, via Milan[/align]

D

dave_in_monastir

candikisses

i managed 2 get a flight for 91 quid off travelsupermarket.com bargain!!
stayed at the sahara beach again 3rd time this yr love it sooo much
i have really good friends in the animation team there the best!

T

thetopkidathart

Have you looked at BA.com their flights range from keen to off the end of the scale but you can get lucky a few years ago I did £87 out and £96 back they only fly to Tuinis the Train is the best way from Tunis to the Port E K Loads of room Go pRem Class last year I went from PEK to Hammamet for about £5 return Tunis is about 2 times that
Bill

samwella

does anyone know about what companies the tunsiains can fly with? not looking at going yet but just wanted to know if they can fly with the likes of BA from england to tunis or monastir

kellyc

Hi

Hi Sam,

Tunisians can fly with BA from Tunis or Nouvelair from Monastir i also think Tunisair might do flights aswell, but i know Nouvelair have great prices to fly from Monastir to UK.

samwella

thanks for the inform kelly, he's always flown with tunisair before, but just looking at cheaper prices for when he wants to go back home! As i know before he could only fly from capital to capital so hopefully with his settlement visa he can to a more convienient airport!
will keep an eye out, there were some good prices last week with BA

xx Bel xx

RachaelLahmar

Flights

Hiya Guys,

Does anyone know of any cheap flight centers or internet websites as i have googled "Cheap flights to Tunisia" and the chepest i have found is £299, which is ridiculos for 14 October! Im also looking for a 1 way ticket but ive been told i have to prove that i have a return ticket. Which ive never had to do before.

So any sugestions would be kool :D Thanks

kellyc

Hi

Hi

In my previous experience ive never bought a one way ticket - if you buy a one way your looking in the region of £1000 that was the last quote i got, so a year ago i bought a return and never returned ;) naughty but it cost me £190 as opposed to £1000!! them flight prices seem reasonable at the moment as prices are high in general my parents are flying over next week and have paid double to what they normally do at this time of year.

RachaelLahmar

Kelly

:eek:Ohh i thought that £299 was expencive lol :D But i hate spending money if i try hard enough surely i will find something cheaper! lol Well i have found a one way was flight for £119 which isnt to bad but i have just found out that i am going back on a school holiday! i didnt want to go back in the 6 weeks holiday because i knew it was going to be expensive so i thought i would leave it until after ramadan but now i have found out that there is another holiday! lol

I will let ppl know of cheaper flights when i find them. Who are your mum and dad flying with and on what dates?

bfn Rachael