Divorce - about to or have divorced a Tunisian

lynn

yea you never know who your marrying from Tunisia, we all take a chance on it. Sometimes we don't know until they get the ILR, You would like to think you choose right and it's genuine but who knows, nothing is sure. So far so good this end.

orangeblossom

Thanks for your replies and kind words girls :) xxxxx

lynn

thats what we here for, all stick together :)

orangeblossom

thats what we here for, all stick together :)
Thanks so much, I really need that right now with not knowing where to turn :/ xxx

lynn

I been there and know how hard it is but you will get through it, just people telling you now you think never but time is a good healer and you will come out stronger for it.

orangeblossom

I been there and know how hard it is but you will get through it, just people telling you now you think never but time is a good healer and you will come out stronger for it.
Thanks Lynn :) xxx

lynn

your welcome hun, you will get loads of support on here.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi orange blossom and welcome to the forum.

How do you stay in contact with your husband is it by telephone or email or what? I know 100% that things such as injunctions can be served via the telephone. I'm not quite sure if he can get served divorce papers the same way. There are also grounds for divorce if you have not spent time together in the marital home but I'd have to check it out. You can definitely divorce him here just not sure how they would get the papers to him. He would not have been allowed out of Tunisia without a visa so not sure how he did that?!

orangeblossom

How do you stay in contact with your husband is it by telephone or email or what? I know 100% that things such as injunctions can be served via the telephone. I'm not quite sure if he can get served divorce papers the same way. There are also grounds for divorce if you have not spent time together in the marital home but I'd have to check it out. You can definitely divorce him here just not sure how they would get the papers to him. He would not have been allowed out of Tunisia without a visa so not sure how he did that?!
Well, he's now blocked me on Facebook, and we only have contact on Skype every few days, we've never actually lived together as a married couple yet, we never got that far with visa application. I'd love to know how he got there without a visa then....he went via Istanbul, but then via Madrid as well.....xxx

orangeblossom

Well, he's now blocked me on Facebook, and we only have contact on Skype every few days, we've never actually lived together as a married couple yet, we never got that far with visa application. I'd love to know how he got there without a visa then....he went via Istanbul, but then via Madrid as well.....xxx
Could it have been possible for him to have found a sponsor? xx

Essem

Staff member

He could get into Turkey without one and who knows from there???

Jane BM

Could it have been possible for him to have found a sponsor? xx
Well if he was married to you in Tunisia then it would now be on his birth certificate that he was married...so doubtful he could have got married again without anyone finding that out as birth certificate is essential, also essential for any type of visa.

They can go to Istanbul obviously without a visa, but from there to Madrid god alone knows!! And then to France...

orangeblossom

He could get into Turkey without one and who knows from there???
Exactly, that's what I thought....is it possible he could have picked up fake ID? xx

orangeblossom

Well if he was married to you in Tunisia then it would now be on his birth certificate that he was married...so doubtful he could have got married again without anyone finding that out as birth certificate is essential, also essential for any type of visa.

They can go to Istanbul obviously without a visa, but from there to Madrid god alone knows!! And then to France...
Just a thought.....but I guess he could have divorced me in Tunisia without me knowing, even though he denies it x

Jane BM

Hmmmmm the plot thickens!!!! xx
So when you speak to him on Skype..what do you talk about? Do you contact him or vice versa? I find it very weird that this man has used you (sorry!!), doesn't essentially 'need' you anymore, yet he still contacts you through Skype??? Unless he has plans for the pair of you in the future and doesn't want to cut his losses!!

Jane BM

Just a thought.....but I guess he could have divorced me in Tunisia without me knowing, even though he denies it x
Only way of knowing for sure is getting a copy of his birth certificate now!!! However would solve all your problems if he had....

orangeblossom

So when you speak to him on Skype..what do you talk about? Do you contact him or vice versa? I find it very weird that this man has used you (sorry!!), doesn't essentially 'need' you anymore, yet he still contacts you through Skype??? Unless he has plans for the pair of you in the future and doesn't want to cut his losses!!
Well, this is what I'm trying to get to the bottom of, it's driving me nuts. We don't have contact every day and even then it's only for a few mins and we talk about divorce and his situation in Paris etc. He asked me to divorce him so he can marry a French woman ''illegally'' if you can call it that, he said there are many women who will do that for money so the man can get a visa and then they divorce....is this the case or am I wearing rose tinted glasses? xx