Divorce - about to or have divorced a Tunisian

Rachel

Leesa,

OOOOOHHHH this sound far too much familiar .... .
I am in the final stages of my divorce from my tunisian rat ... it should be completed in March this year. We married in tunisia.... you do have 2 options as he has told you you can divorce in tunisia as you have no assets he wouldn't be able to claim anything as part of the divorce from you however the court in tunisia my ask you to try and reconcile along with mediation before the divorce being finalised or divorce in the UK ... this can be costly...

I registed my marriage at the overseas section as Southport as I had done that I am able to divorce here :))))))
So far my divorce has cost £800

If your marriage has not been registed at the overseas section at Southport ... it is not registed in the UK however the marriage is still legitimate ..... you would need to divorce in tunisia!!

I've spoken to a tunisian lawer Ramzi and as my husband was here in the UK (baring in mind i don't know where) he advised that It was best for me to do it in the UK .... I had to track down my husband myself for a private court bailiff to go to his work and hand him the papers as he had not responded to e-mails from my UK solicitor.

With you husband being in tunisia .... you could use a UK lawyer to correspond with a tunisian lawyer should you not wish to go back to tunisia however this is going to be EXPENSIVE

Either way it is going to cost you if you want him out of your life ..... if your happy to stay seperated ... im sure he will get fed up and decide to want to marry someone else ... let him do it in tunisia.

Even though I am divorced here I will always still be married to the tunisian rat in tunisia as I have no intention of ever going back there to deposit the decree absolute .... I'm leaving this for the rat to sort himself as should he ever decide to marry he would need for it to be finalised in tunisia which then he would need to go to tunisia .... which then he wont be able to come back to the UK as I have revoked the last visa

There is very few people that I know .. exactly 2 people ... that have actually has long lasting relationships with a tunisian

Trulymadlydeeply

How have you revoked his visa?

Essem

Staff member
Hi Rachel,

How long did you stay married for eventually?

If I remember correctly you (and your mum) went through a lot of pain and anguish before and during your relationship with him. What or who ultimately gave you the strength to divorce him? Was there a final nail in the coffin so to speak?

So he doesn't have ILR?

Rachel

truly - i sent a letter to lunar house with the petion of divorce and reasons for divorce with a long 12. page letter giving them insight of our marriage and also all the references from durham police about all the times they were called because of his behaviour and violence.
when the divorce is finalised i need to send them the decree absolute also.

ohhh essem you remember my circumbstances so well ... he went out the country in nov 2012 as his first 2 yr spouse visa ran out and he didnt have the means to renew it he was bk in tunisia 15 months he inly come back here in jan 2013 on a new 2 yr spouse visa after we decided to give it once last go .... he come back dropped straight back into his old ways ... as i had been a single mam for over a yr i managed to sort myself out and become a stronger person .... in may we had our last and final argument i just snapped told him to pack his f***kin s*@t and leave ... my dad come to the house to make sure he left without incident and ive never seen him since that day apart from a distance when i had to find out where he worked. he does not even contact about our daughter or pay maintenance towards her upbringin... which is the way i want it i want nothing from him at all he was never really a dad to our daughter anyway as never took responsibility for anything. in total we had been married 6 years together for 7 .. its took a long time but ive done it and feel great about it ... i get my nisi on the 5th of this month and the divorce should be finalised on the 21st march or there abouts .... on set of party arrangements underway :-D ..... if i can say one thing to anyone on this site ..... dont marry a tunisian unless your 100% that you know every little thing about them as they will screw you up and take every single good thing about you as a person away!

Last edited:

Rachel

ohhh essem ... no he does not have his ilr ... from jan he come back on the 1st of the 2 2yr spouse visas that was needed under the new immigration rules and he was only with me 4 months out of that 4 years ... with him been out the country for 15. months he had to start again as that first visa he got in 2009 no longer counted towards the 4 years

Rachel

lauren as your with another tunisian you would need to divorce in tunisia ... you can divorce in the uk however you will still be married in tunisia but you could still marry in the uk or any other country appart from a tunisian or in tunisia .... a little strange i know but true .... until you divorce in tunisia your ex will still be married to you regardless of which country he is in!

Jane BM

truly - i sent a letter to lunar house with the petion of divorce and reasons for divorce with a long 12. page letter giving them insight of our marriage and also all the references from durham police about all the times they were called because of his behaviour and violence.
when the divorce is finalised i need to send them the decree absolute also.

ohhh essem you remember my circumbstances so well ... he went out the country in nov 2012 as his first 2 yr spouse visa ran out and he didnt have the means to renew it he was bk in tunisia 15 months he inly come back here in jan 2013 on a new 2 yr spouse visa after we decided to give it once last go .... he come back dropped straight back into his old ways ... as i had been a single mam for over a yr i managed to sort myself out and become a stronger person .... in may we had our last and final argument i just snapped told him to pack his f***kin s*@t and leave ... my dad come to the house to make sure he left without incident and ive never seen him since that day apart from a distance when i had to find out where he worked. he does not even contact about our daughter or pay maintenance towards her upbringin... which is the way i want it i want nothing from him at all he was never really a dad to our daughter anyway as never took responsibility for anything. in total we had been married 6 years together for 7 .. its took a long time but ive done it and feel great about it ... i get my nisi on the 5th of this month and the divorce should be finalised on the 21st march or there abouts .... on set of party arrangements underway :-D ..... if i can say one thing to anyone on this site ..... dont marry a tunisian unless your 100% that you know every little thing about them as they will screw you up and take every single good thing about you as a person away!
Hi. Rachel.....can I ask, what grounds did you divorce him on? I know you said you had to serve his papers to him at work, did he eventually agree to the divorce?

Rachel

the divorce was on the grounds of his unreasonable behaviour .... the bailiff served the papers to him so he didn't need to agree ... the papers been given to him in his hand by the bailif so they as good as signed :-D ... if he signed them it would have been quicker but the time its taken didnt bother me as long he is out of my life !

Trulymadlydeeply

I believe you can register your divorce papers at the municipality where you married in Tunisia, if you divorce in the Uk.

Trulymadlydeeply

I really hope you mean it this time Rachel, he will probably argue his case to stay in the UK as he has a daughter even though he's done nothing for her. Glad you finally came to your senses.... ;)

mrsmannai

dont marry a tunisian unless your 100% that you know every little thing about them as they will screw you up and take every single good thing about you as a person away!
i am sorry for your bad xperience rachel, and wish for u and your daughter the best in life. i did cut out these lines from your post, to say that i think you should know the person u marry, regardless of where he/she is from.

the best wishes for the future and may god bless you all

Rachel

im 100% sure truly ... i get my nisi today 6weeks +1 day and i will be sat waiting at the court for my absolute to be printed! the reason i put that mrs mannai is because the tunisian man you get to know before marriage isnt the real person i found out that the hard way 2 years together before we got married ... the day after we wed complete monster he turned into in 1 night !!! 6 years later he is still that monster with no sign of improvement .... hence the long long overdue divorce

Rachel

I really hope you mean it this time Rachel, he will probably argue his case to stay in the UK as he has a daughter even though he's done nothing for her. Glad you finally came to your senses.... ;)
Truly,
to be honest I don't think he would even have a leg to stand on if he did try and fight it to stay here because he has a child here .... since I kicked him out in may he has not bothered with her he has not even asked how she is doing or if she needs anything he has not even seen her and he does not pay maintenance towards her upbringing ....
when I was first trying to get him to reply to my solicitor the solicitor advised to not allow him to have direct contact but he has not even bothered with indirect contact .... he didn't want a divorce he even told me that not long after I kicked him out through a facebook message but ive pushed it and pushed it through regardless of his feeling or what he wants ....

He has only been at 1 of our daughters birthdays her last one when she was 3 and she is nearly 4 now.
through his own fault of not responding to the divorce papers i've been given sole custody of our daughter as this was written into the divorce itself as the conditions.

all in all he has no one else to blame but himself for the way this has all turned out.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Rachel, he has had more than enough chances hasn't he, a lot more than some would've given. I hope you and your daughter have had the chance to move on in life, as soon as the divorce is final you will feel relief I'm sure. 6 years were not entirely wasted as you have your beautiful daughter, just don't let him charm his way back in, because believe you me, he will 100% try when he gets Home Office letters. All the best and keep us posted xx

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Rachel, he has had more than enough chances hasn't he, a lot more than some would've given. I hope you and your daughter have had the chance to move on in life, as soon as the divorce is final you will feel relief I'm sure. 6 years were not entirely wasted as you have your beautiful daughter, just don't let him charm his way back in, because believe you me, he will 100% try when he gets Home Office letters. All the best and keep us posted xx

missmetal

So sadly my friends relationship has not worked out with her husband and so they are getting divorced. His settlement visa expires next year I think and I believe he's planning to stay in the UK. Can he be sponsored again by another Brit? I assume he'd have to leave the country as he's now in violation, and if he met another Brit he'd prob have to apply from Tunisia again. Anyone know about this at all?

Thanks

ROULLA

So sadly my friends relationship has not worked out with her husband and so they are getting divorced. His settlement visa expires next year I think and I believe he's planning to stay in the UK. Can he be sponsored again by another Brit? I assume he'd have to leave the country as he's now in violation, and if he met another Brit he'd prob have to apply from Tunisia again. Anyone know about this at all?

Thanks
Hi Missmetal, hope that you are well!

You said that ( you assumed he'd have to leave the country as he's now in violation) There are many believe you me who have been here for years and they stay in hiding what used to be 10 years and now is 14 years, so I would not be surprised if he just stays, unless he clings another women.

missmetal

Hi Missmetal, hope that you are well!

You said that ( you assumed he'd have to leave the country as he's now in violation) There are many believe you me who have been here for years and they stay in hiding what used to be 10 years and now is 14 years, so I would not be surprised if he just stays, unless he clings another women.
Ya, I guess there will be those who never leave, but if he left and his settlement visa had expired then surely he would not be allowed back. He's not really offering much now to the country anyway. He's working cash in hand, there's no indication that he will contribute positively to society.

My friend intends to let immigration know that their marriage is over and she's withdrawing her sponsorship...but i guess they probs wont chase him down.

ROULLA

Ya, I guess there will be those who never leave, but if he left and his settlement visa had expired then surely he would not be allowed back. He's not really offering much now to the country anyway. He's working cash in hand, there's no indication that he will contribute positively to society.

My friend intends to let immigration know that their marriage is over and she's withdrawing her sponsorship...but i guess they probs wont chase him down.
There are many Tunisian's here that seem to find a way, whether its changing their name or working with a deceased's credentials, they just get on with it and they never seem to get caught either.

missmetal

There are many Tunisian's here that seem to find a way, whether its changing their name or working with a deceased's credentials, they just get on with it and they never seem to get caught either.
nothing changes. when i was living there it was common amongst the Nigerians and Kenyans to do that.