Divorce information forum

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all this is a new forum area as requested for the information, suport and discussion about the subject of divorce.

Black Mamba

Good one, shall I move related threads here?

mand3366

Thank You Kris!

Mand

mand3366

ROFL...........wouldnt that mean moving 95% of the other threads here?

Am trying to keep away from the `Knees` thread as the laughter yesterday caused me too much pain!!

M x

dottyann

Divorce

Hi i have joined today at the request of my cousin who cannot use computer. Sh e has a boyfriend in tunisia 20 years younger than her and sees him about 3 t imes a year. he has been waiting for his divorce now for 3 years and keeps tellin her to be patient. does anyone know how long divorces take over there? he keeps asking her for money and to buy him a car, then gets mad as she cant afford. is this relationship going anywhere?

Black Mamba

Hi i have joined today at the request of my cousin who cannot use computer. Sh e has a boyfriend in tunisia 20 years younger than her and sees him about 3 t imes a year. he has been waiting for his divorce now for 3 years and keeps tellin her to be patient. does anyone know how long divorces take over there? he keeps asking her for money and to buy him a car, then gets mad as she cant afford. is this relationship going anywhere?
I think you answered yourself there

ROULLA

Hi Dottyann, Welcome to the forum...I am not an expert and do not know the ins and outs of there relationship but i can tell you common sense tell me that she is being used after all how dare he insist on money and if she cannot afford it he has a strop..I may be wrong but i would be really upset if it was one of my relatives who was being asked for money..After all in my books a gentleman always pays not ask for money..He would not get a penny out of me, tell him to get a job, stop being stroppy and get a life..My opinion anyway..

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum dottyann.

Sounds like 'your cousin' has landed herself a rat!

I don't think this relationship (if you can call it that with 3 visits a year??) is going anywhere

Wouldn't have thought a divorce would take that long, but could be wrong - he's probably spinning her a line to keep her hooked in!

Sound typical rattish behaviour asking for money or things and then becoming mad when he doesn't get them - like a child throwing its toys out of the pram. He's trying to gt as much out of her as possible with no guarantees for her in return.

Jenny

Hi Dottyann,
welcome to the forum!

Unfortunatly I don't think that your cousins relationship is going anywhere! If this man really is married I don't think he has any intention of filing for a divorce, since it doesn't take 3 years...even if he has children. (I've just had a divorce in tunisia). Secondly he keeps asking your cousin for money and and gets mad when she can't afford to buy him a car...big alarm bells is ringing. Most likely he likes to have a lady overseas as is sending him money. Surf around this forum together with your cousin, and you will read many sad examples of this.

Jenny

sparkle

dottyann, this guy is a rat as already stated, tell her to cut all ties.

dottyann

Thanks everyone for advice.my cousin who is partially sighted (dont think i mentioned that) is still saying she loves this guy Nizar and still needs him i n her life.I have tried to persuede her to cut all contact with him but she wont ,even though only yesterday he text her asking for money for cigarettes and clothes and when she said no he sent back a load of abuse. i will keep talking to her.
dottyann

Trulymadlydeeply

How can she "love" someone like that. she is keeping him and his wife/family and funding THEIR lifestyle. give her a good shake and hopefully she will come to her senses!!!!

janette b

Tell her go and do a surprise visit to see him, think he might throw a strop then....game over...

loveconquersall

Rad has never asked me for money he even paid for his visa love isn,t about what you can get but companionship

dottyann

Hello been to my cousins yesterday, she is now considering marriage to him as he says he cant live without her.I dont know how that would work out,she lives off income support and other benefits here.would she lose these if she married him and spent 6 months a year over there?

Trulymadlydeeply

She would certainly lose her income support if she were not here, and she would not be able to get him here whilst on benefits either.

Black Mamba

What Truly said, she needs to wake up and smell the truth

gasbag!

Hi all. I am posting this on here (again) because I am useless at working my way round these sites - not sure if my initial post will be read by all or just scoobydoo, hence the repetition.

(Thanks for your post scoobydoo - you were helpful:) I have another question now. It's been a long time since I was on here due to a number of things - hope you have been keeping well. I wondered if you knew whether the courts in the UK or the solicitor send a copy of the decree absoolute to the Home Office/Tunisian Embassy? If not, is that soemthing I need to do? The reason I am asking is that my husband had a child out of wedlock to a tunisian woman. This is punishable by a prison sentence in Tunsia. I did not know about the situation until after we had sent in the visa application so have in essence falsfied documents and without thinking I told the solicitor about her! I am now worried that if the certificate must be sent to the HO or Embassy that a) I will get into trouble; b) he will get arrested and sent to prison; c) his family will get in trouble (his sister and brother in-law have raised her as their own with the secret about who her natural father is). Had I thought of the implications I would never have mentioned her because the last thing I want to do is get anyone into trouble - not even him, but it is done now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I have searched all over and can't find anything online. I have however emailed the HO but not yet had a reply so thought I'd try on here in the meantime. Thanks!). Can anyone help???

Trulymadlydeeply

I shouldn't think they send anything anywhere. You and your EX get a copy and they hold a copy on file. I didn't send mine anywhere, what is his status here?