Divorce information forum

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
The reason I am asking is that my husband had a child out of wedlock to a tunisian woman. This is punishable by a prison sentence in Tunsia. I did not know about the situation until after we had sent in the visa application so have in essence falsfied documents and without thinking I told the solicitor about her!

Nice not to have any secrets before you get married my goodness, I hope this is the only one.

I would surmise if nobody knows about this and no criminal record is present and your other half is not currently responsible for the child (no papers about) this will not impact anything.

If the Tunisian police do not know and have not take action and or given him a record for this situation then the embassy would not know. Additionally when they ask on the form if he has any children he is responsible for if he is not responsible for them formally (although he is) the situation would remain under the radar.

So in essence you can plead ignorance or open a can of worms..... alternatively you can do the right thing but I presume they would take a dim view of this on a resubmitted application.

Having a love child is not against the law in the UK if it was half my family would be inside in-fact i am a dinosaur being the only married with kids person. They dont care about that they care about if he is responsible for the child legally/financially if he is not on the child's birth certificate and or the child is legally adopted I cannot see the problem or how they can find out.

This is a hell of a loose end to tie up.

scooby

The reason I am asking is that my husband had a child out of wedlock to a tunisian woman. This is punishable by a prison sentence in Tunsia. I did not know about the situation until after we had sent in the visa application so have in essence falsfied documents and without thinking I told the solicitor about her!

Nice not to have any secrets before you get married my goodness, I hope this is the only one.

I would surmise if nobody knows about this and no criminal record is present and your other half is not currently responsible for the child (no papers about) this will not impact anything.

If the Tunisian police do not know and have not take action and or given him a record for this situation then the embassy would not know. Additionally when they ask on the form if he has any children he is responsible for if he is not responsible for them formally (although he is) the situation would remain under the radar.

So in essence you can plead ignorance or open a can of worms..... alternatively you can do the right thing but I presume they would take a dim view of this on a resubmitted application.

Having a love child is not against the law in the UK if it was half my family would be inside in-fact i am a dinosaur being the only married with kids person. They dont care about that they care about if he is responsible for the child legally/financially if he is not on the child's birth certificate and or the child is legally adopted I cannot see the problem or how they can find out.

This is a hell of a loose end to tie up.
Im shocked never heard of this being the case in Tunisia...we learn something new every day:rolleyes:

gasbag!

I shouldn't think they send anything anywhere. You and your EX get a copy and they hold a copy on file. I didn't send mine anywhere, what is his status here?
Hi and thanks for your reply. What you have said is what the court told me but I wanted to know if they were right (you know how sometimes you can be given the wrong info even from those that work in the field your enquiry relates to); that's why I have emailed the HO - not had a reply yet though! He has an 'indefinite leave' visa.

Jane BM

Hi all. I am posting this on here (again) because I am useless at working my way round these sites - not sure if my initial post will be read by all or just scoobydoo, hence the repetition.

(Thanks for your post scoobydoo - you were helpful:) I have another question now. It's been a long time since I was on here due to a number of things - hope you have been keeping well. I wondered if you knew whether the courts in the UK or the solicitor send a copy of the decree absoolute to the Home Office/Tunisian Embassy? If not, is that soemthing I need to do? The reason I am asking is that my husband had a child out of wedlock to a tunisian woman. This is punishable by a prison sentence in Tunsia. I did not know about the situation until after we had sent in the visa application so have in essence falsfied documents and without thinking I told the solicitor about her! I am now worried that if the certificate must be sent to the HO or Embassy that a) I will get into trouble; b) he will get arrested and sent to prison; c) his family will get in trouble (his sister and brother in-law have raised her as their own with the secret about who her natural father is). Had I thought of the implications I would never have mentioned her because the last thing I want to do is get anyone into trouble - not even him, but it is done now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I have searched all over and can't find anything online. I have however emailed the HO but not yet had a reply so thought I'd try on here in the meantime. Thanks!). Can anyone help???
What has happened to the child's mother? Did she hand the baby over to your husbands sister for her to bring up as her own?

wing

Anyone got address for court in monastir or email address or even a phone number.
Many thanks if you can help.