Divorce information ( Tunisian perspective )

Hello Community,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to ask questions and provide support.
- My name is Ahmed, 23 years old currently working as a PT, uhm i have been married for over two years now. My wife is British, she is 22 years old and she is currently at her last year of university.
Everything seemed to be perfect until distance relationship has shown a lot of things and maybe it happened for the right reason and i am glad it did.
Us getting married was an immature decision, we should have waited. But now, i think the mature thing to do is to divorce before things get worse, before i even go there ( to the uk ) and kids are involved.
I never married her for the sake of a visa, i married her for the sake of love and mutual respect.
Our marriage certification is only registered here in Tunisia, it's not registered yet in the uk so it only shows that i am married here.
I want to know if there is a possibility to divorce without her attendance in a court here?
Note, that i will never divorce her without her knowing and without her acceptance of it but it would make things a lot easier.
Will the divorce procedures take less time since we're only married in Tunisia ( on paper ) ?
Any more information would be appreciated.
Waiting for your reply
Kind regards
Ahmed

Jane BM

Hello Community,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to ask questions and provide support.
- My name is Ahmed, 23 years old currently working as a PT, uhm i have been married for over two years now. My wife is British, she is 22 years old and she is currently at her last year of university.
Everything seemed to be perfect until distance relationship has shown a lot of things and maybe it happened for the right reason and i am glad it did.
Us getting married was an immature decision, we should have waited. But now, i think the mature thing to do is to divorce before things get worse, before i even go there ( to the uk ) and kids are involved.
I never married her for the sake of a visa, i married her for the sake of love and mutual respect.
Our marriage certification is only registered here in Tunisia, it's not registered yet in the uk so it only shows that i am married here.
I want to know if there is a possibility to divorce without her attendance in a court here?
Note, that i will never divorce her without her knowing and without her acceptance of it but it would make things a lot easier.
Will the divorce procedures take less time since we're only married in Tunisia ( on paper ) ?
Any more information would be appreciated.
Waiting for your reply
Kind regards
Ahmed
It's relatively easy to divorce in Tunisia, it doesn't matter anyway whether it's been registered here in the UK...and yes it can be done without her having to come to Tunisia to do it....if you contact a lawyer there he can send the paperwork to her here in the UK. If she chooses not to respond after 3 attempts then you can divorce anyway.