Divorce Lawyer

Chinabelle

Can someone please translate the following for me to Arabic (Tunisian)
What is the name of the law firm you work for?

salim

Can someone please translate the following for me to Arabic (Tunisian)
What is the name of the law firm you work for?
chnoua essem el mou7ami el tekdem em3ah ?

Chinabelle

thank you very much! greatly appreciated!

Chinabelle

can you please translat the relpy I got:
ana houwa ilmouhami

salim

thank you very much! greatly appreciated!
you welcome Chinabelle ! i am here if you want any help you can PM or just put it here !

donna caglar

Can someone tell me if i have to wait 3 months to get married to my tunisian fiance. I am british and was divorced in the uk. We will marry in tunisia

Jane BM

Can someone tell me if i have to wait 3 months to get married to my tunisian fiance. I am british and was divorced in the uk. We will marry in tunisia
Under Tunisian law you have to have been divorced for 3 months before you can marry there. That means 3 months from the date of your Decree Absolute NOT Decree Nisi...they will ask to see your divorce papers as well before you can remarry.

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome to the forum Donna

Essem

Staff member
Welcome Donna and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

Will you be living in Tunisia after you are married?

donna caglar

Under Tunisian law you have to have been divorced for 3 months before you can marry there. That means 3 months from the date of your Decree Absolute NOT Decree Nisi...they will ask to see your divorce papers as well before you can remarry.
Welcome Donna and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

Will you be living in Tunisia after you are married?
no my fiance will be comming to the uk. Do i have to get a certificate of no impediment or just take my divorce papers?

Jane BM

no my fiance will be comming to the uk. Do i have to get a certificate of no impediment or just take my divorce papers?
Both!! You have to get your CONI here in the UK just like everyone else, but when you take your paperwork over to Tunisia you also have to provide the registrar or person marrying you with your Decree Absolut along with certified translation.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Donna

Sounds like a plan if he's going to the UK.

Have you checked to see if you meet the UKBA requirements for sponsorship into he UK?

donna caglar

Hi Donna

Sounds like a plan if he's going to the UK.

Have you checked to see if you meet the UKBA requirements for sponsorship into he UK?
what is that? I was married to turkish man before and he came here and there were no probs. I am in full time work and have an appartment and am capable of supporting him until he gets work

Jane BM

what is that? I was married to turkish man before and he came here and there were no probs. I am in full time work and have an appartment and am capable of supporting him until he gets work
You definitely need to look at the UKBA website under visas....anyone coming here from Tunisia can only do so with a visa. If you're intending marrying and then hopefully settling in the UK it is very very difficult now. For example, do you earn over £18,600? If you don't then he can't apply..he also has to pass an English test before he can even apply. There is lots of criteria that needs to be fulfilled if your partner wants to be considered for a settlement visa, it absolutely is NOT a done deal and is an awful lot of hard work. Not for the feint hearted.

Trulymadlydeeply

Uk border agency. I would have a read through all the regulations as things are changing all the time. What Jane mentions above still stands and the only way around the earnings amount is if you are receiving disability living allowance, which I doubt if you are working full time. Did your ex need a visa to come here too?

Jane BM

Uk border agency. I would have a read through all the regulations as things are changing all the time. What James mentions above still stands and the only way around the earnings amount is if you are receiving disability living allowance, which I doubt if younarenworking full time. Did your ex need a visa to come here too?
Who's James??? Lol....don't tell me...predictive text..

ROULLA

Hi Donna and welcome to T.com!
Donna Turkey and Tunisia are different countries so maybe the requirements maybe slightly different.
I know that it is not the same thing but an example would be something like if you went to visit Turkey for an example you need to pay £10 visa /entrance but if you went to Tunisia on the other hand would not pay a penny.

Besides I think that some people automatically think that their partners are entitled to come and live here but don't get the chance and under new immigration laws things are getting more and more tougher so you may need to think about plan B which would mean for you to go and live in Tunisia:) Just a thought.

Jane BM

Hi Donna and welcome to T.com!
Donna Turkey and Tunisia are different countries so maybe the requirements maybe slightly different.
I know that it is not the same thing but an example would be something like if you went to visit Turkey for an example you need to pay £10 visa /entrance but if you went to Tunisia on the other hand would not pay a penny.

Besides I think that some people automatically think that their partners are entitled to come and live here but don't get the chance and under new immigration laws things are getting more and more tougher so you may need to think about plan B which would mean for you to go and live in Tunisia:) Just a thought.
People need to really study the UKBA website BEFORE embarking on marriage to someone from outside of the EU I think...it's no fun marrying someone and then finding out afterwards that they aren't eligible to live in the UK, not unless they're more than happy to go and live in Tunisia with them.