Divorce- missing marriage certificate but unsure where to get it?

DARK ANGEL

She wants to divorce him in Tunisia but she does not have a copy of her wedding cert
In this case she need :
His birth certificate
her birth certificate
the marriage certificate
copy of her both passport
the full address of her husband
What i don't understand what do you mean by ' we married in hotel '? you mean after ur ceremony you stayed there ?
Because if your marriage was in the municipality, you can get an Arabic or French copy of the marriage certificate just if you have the date of marriage and the place

Trulymadlydeeply

When its not a religious ceremony you can get married in a hotel on the beach at your home wherever. Both parties would have to attend court if she divorces him in Tunisia. They should divorce in their last place of domicile which is the Uk.

missmetal

When its not a religious ceremony you can get married in a hotel on the beach at your home wherever. Both parties would have to attend court if she divorces him in Tunisia. They should divorce in their last place of domicile which is the Uk.
I think she can divorce in the UK and but also has to notify the tunisian courts too. Otherwise as far as Tunisia is concerned she will still be married...

Just like in any other country too.

DARK ANGEL

I think in Tunisia seems better than the UK , i know that it's very expensive there ,also many couples choose Tunisia to do their divorce !

Trulymadlydeeply

I think she can divorce in the UK and but also has to notify the tunisian courts too. Otherwise as far as Tunisia is concerned she will still be married...

Yes 11 years later I am still married in Tunisia!!!! :(

missmetal

I think in Tunisia seems better than the UK , i know that it's very expensive there ,also many couples choose Tunisia to do their divorce !
I got divorced in the UK and it was not expensive at all, but at that time we had no assets to split like a house or children to consider. Thats where it becomes a little more tricky.

DARK ANGEL

Yes 11 years later I am still married in Tunisia!!!! :(
Really ???????????? what about your ex ? he is already married in Tunisia ? he did not start his life again with another woman ?i think he need to show them his statue ?

Trulymadlydeeply

No he hasn't and says he doesn't want to either , we still talk, and I still go to Tunisia with our son so that he sees his family there. I would never re marry there so my British divorce is suffice :)

DARK ANGEL

No he hasn't and says he doesn't want to either , we still talk, and I still go to Tunisia with our son so that he sees his family there. I would never re marry there so my British divorce is suffice :)
GOOD for U then , this is the first time that i heard you have son :) nice thing to be mother :) God bless him

Trulymadlydeeply

Thanks DA, he is soon to be 16, a fine young man x

Shai

Hello all a quick update: I contacted the consular section of the Embassy in Tunis and they were quite nice actually, apparently I can contact a lawyer over there to get a copy of the certificate for me. They gave me a list of English speaking lawyers to contact and so I am going to try that route first instead of flying over :rolleyes: first. If it is cheaper I may even proceed with the divorce over from over there.

Thank you everyone for all the support and advice you have given!

Shai

DARK ANGEL

Hello all a quick update: I contacted the consular section of the Embassy in Tunis and they were quite nice actually, apparently I can contact a lawyer over there to get a copy of the certificate for me. They gave me a list of English speaking lawyers to contact and so I am going to try that route first instead of flying over :rolleyes: first. If it is cheaper I may even proceed with the divorce over from over there.

Shai
Sure lawyer can help you like i told u before u need to give him the date +place of ur marriage , ur hubby date of birth , your birth certifcate too , copy of ur passport , the full adress of ur hubby in the uk , i know a lawyer too , she peak english if u need help !

Essem

Staff member

Shai
Good to know this Shai. Good luck with it all and keep us up to date with what is happening.

Shai

Sure lawyer can help you like i told u before u need to give him the date +place of ur marriage , ur hubby date of birth , your birth certifcate too , copy of ur passport , the full adress of ur hubby in the uk , i know a lawyer too , she peak english if u need help !
That would be great Dark Angel if you could?

Shai

mrsmannai

salaam :) just throwing in something egarding to this: i know that even you got married outside of norway , you can still have your divorce. as long as the marriage is registered in norway, and you have your divorce by the norwegian law, you r divorced, and can get married again. the divorce is legal, and all you need to do, is to translate the papers and present them to the embassy of the country it regards. if you however choose not to present them for the embassy in concern, you r still divorced, free to marry, but in the country it regards you can ofcourde not get married again. i other words, the burden will be on the citizen of the other country, and his/hers responsibility to get the divorced fixed. dont know if this is the rules for every country, but worth while checking for those in need..