Do we need to wait for the English Test certificate?

bascar

Firstly I need to thank everyone for their contributions on here ... although I have only just became a member on here I have over the last months found a lot of very useful information on here in our journey to apply for my husbands visa.
The great news is that we have the results of my husbands PET today and I am over the moon that he has passed it.... so after months of collating information etc etc ...we are good to go with the application. Im really excited!!!

My question is do we have to wait for his certificate or not ? ...The UKBA site reads to me that no documents are needed now, so I presume that they can check it online too??? am I correct? .... I dont want to fail at the final hurdle :) >>>>thanks in advance

Jane BM

Hi Bascar and welcome here.

I've just had a look as well and yes according to the list, you don't have to wait for the certificate for the PET test. On the application does it ask which test he took and for any ID numbers etc? So they can check online?

bascar

I cant see anywhere on the application form ... It just asks to provide details of how he meets the english test requirement at 8.2? He does have ID numbers etc though ??? I really dont know how to find out which way is right ... i dont want to get refused on the english test when he has passed it .... tey dont make it very clear do they?

Jane BM

I cant see anywhere on the application form ... It just asks to provide details of how he meets the english test requirement at 8.2? He does have ID numbers etc though ??? I really dont know how to find out which way is right ... i dont want to get refused on the english test when he has passed it .... tey dont make it very clear do they?
Nope...they did used to be able to check with the British council, then some results started going awry...:eek:

Can you email or contact Worldbridge to find out how they can check? But yes it clearly says in there that for the PET no documents are required.

bascar

thanks I will email worldbridge and post on here their response

bascar

This is the reply I have had from Worldbridge this morning..... so much for no documents needed ?? ...what does that mean then? ;(

Thank you for contacting WorldBridge Service, The UK Border Agency's Commercial Partner. We appreciate your patience regarding the response to your enquiry, as WorldBridge strives to provide the most accurate responses to all enquiries. Below you will find the response to that enquiry.
You should provide the original English test certificate. The online results are not sufficient and will not be accepted.

Jane BM

This is the reply I have had from Worldbridge this morning..... so much for no documents needed ?? ...what does that mean then? ;(

Thank you for contacting WorldBridge Service, The UK Border Agency's Commercial Partner. We appreciate your patience regarding the response to your enquiry, as WorldBridge strives to provide the most accurate responses to all enquiries. Below you will find the response to that enquiry.
You should provide the original English test certificate. The online results are not sufficient and will not be accepted.
Totally contradicts what it says on UKBA site...good job you checked with them.

bascar

Totally contradicts it ... so I have sent them another message to ask them to explain what no documents reqired actually means ?
;).... Im looking forward to the reply

Jane BM

Totally contradicts it ... so I have sent them another message to ask them to explain what no documents reqired actually means ?
;).... Im looking forward to the reply
Did you hear back from them?

bascar

I received an email saying that the query was being escalated on the 22nd January ... still waiting and I have chased them as well ....
I will keep you updated ... why is everything so difficult !

bascar

Well i finally received an answer from worldbridge, not that its any use to me now because we have booked the appointment at the embassy after being advised by the british council when my husbands certificate will be available!... but anyhow it may help someone in the future....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Worldbridge Services.

I can confirm that you do not need to provide the certificate from the PET test, but you will need to provide some form of evidence in your application that you have taken the test, for example an e-mail confirming that you have sat the course or any other documentation which illustrates that you have sat the test.
This is after being advised at first that he definately needed the certificate !!!! ... do they know what they are doing ??

Jane BM

Well i finally received an answer from worldbridge, not that its any use to me now because we have booked the appointment at the embassy after being advised by the british council when my husbands certificate will be available!... but anyhow it may help someone in the future....

Dear Sir/Madam,

I can confirm that you do not need to provide the certificate from the PET test, but you will need to provide some form of evidence in your application that you have taken the test, for example an e-mail confirming that you have sat the course or any other documentation which illustrates that you have sat the test.
This is after being advised at first that he definately needed the certificate !!!! ... do they know what they are doing ??
Simple answer.....no.....however evidence that someone's sat a test doesn't necessarily mean they've PASSED the test!! Personally I think you've done the safest thing and waited till you've got that certificate in you hand!! No room for error then.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Bascar, just wanted to ask you, how long did it take your husband to get his results online after doing the test and what is the pass mark?sorry just realised he has done the PET and my hubby is doing the KET, sorry i am asking as my hubby is doing his test soon and would like to know how long it takes for the results to be pubished online,do they send him an email or something?
Just so worried from one thing to another and how long did the British council say you will have to wait before the certificate is given to your hubby?

thank you in advance :)

bascar

Bascar, just wanted to ask you, how long did it take your husband to get his results online after doing the test and what is the pass mark?sorry just realised he has done the PET and my hubby is doing the KET, sorry i am asking as my hubby is doing his test soon and would like to know how long it takes for the results to be pubished online,do they send him an email or something?
Just so worried from one thing to another and how long did the British council say you will have to wait before the certificate is given to your hubby?

thank you in advance :)
Hi there sorry for the late response I have just come back from Tunisia :( .... he took his PET on the 6th December and they sent him an email on the 13th January to say that he could view his results online... after that his certificate was available for collection on the 13th February..so we are now able to submit it with his application... although as I said before I did eventually receive an answer from worldbridge stating that he didnt need to supply the certificate, just a print off of the online results and his log in details for cambridge online would suffice. The pass mark for the PET is 45 but Im not sure what it is for the KET .... so now our worry is about getting the application approved and hoping for a quick answer... like you say from one worry to another.....

Jane BM

Hi there sorry for the late response I have just come back from Tunisia :( .... he took his PET on the 6th December and they sent him an email on the 13th January to say that he could view his results online... after that his certificate was available for collection on the 13th February..so we are now able to submit it with his application... although as I said before I did eventually receive an answer from worldbridge stating that he didnt need to supply the certificate, just a print off of the online results and his log in details for cambridge online would suffice. The pass mark for the PET is 45 but Im not sure what it is for the KET .... so now our worry is about getting the application approved and hoping for a quick answer... like you say from one worry to another.....
When you say the pass mark is 45 for PET, what level does that give? A1?

Pass level for PET at ILR stage is 70/100. That gives B1...

bascar

Hi Jane ...

45 marks in the PET gives an A2 award ... so a little higher than the A1 ...but its the minimum pass mark for the PET anything below 45 isnt a pass... The only reason he took the PET was because they dont run the KET as often in Tunisia ... so its a more difficult test than the KET ... as you say 70 gives you a B1 ... but thankfully my husband doesnt need that at this moment. My advice to anyone is to take the KET if its avavilable... in fact we booked my husband on for the KET on 22nd Feb just in case he didnt pass the PET ...their closing date for registration was 2 days before the results of the PET became available .... another money making exercise I think !!!

Jane BM

Hi Jane ...

45 marks in the PET gives an A2 award ... so a little higher than the A1 ...but its the minimum pass mark for the PET anything below 45 isnt a pass... The only reason he took the PET was because they dont run the KET as often in Tunisia ... so its a more difficult test than the KET ... as you say 70 gives you a B1 ... but thankfully my husband doesnt need that at this moment. My advice to anyone is to take the KET if its avavilable... in fact we booked my husband on for the KET on 22nd Feb just in case he didnt pass the PET ...their closing date for registration was 2 days before the results of the PET became available .... another money making exercise I think !!!
Yes the KET test always seems to be slightly easier, but that's cos you can get a level A1 with it. Funnily enough my husband did the PET test here the same day as yours, for his ILR, believe me the results didn't come any quicker here either.

Congratulations anyway on him passing and best of luck with your application.

Thnaks Bascar and Jane for your advise and inputs, hope your hubby gets his visa application approved soon Bascar In shaa Allah and Jane ihope your hubby gets his ILR soon too.
It is like one wait after another, gather all paperwork, then you need to pass the English test and that takes approx 4-6 for the results to come online, then another 4-5 weeks for certificate then submit the application and wait forever lol British council need to speed their process across the country. I know i need to be positive but i pray that hubby passes he is trying so hard with revising and hopefully get the pass mark is 47, but you now when you are scared, anyone know how easy/hard this KET exam is?

Thankyou all next i will be asking about the paperwork and how to present it to the embassy i know i need to take one step at a time.

Jane BM

Thnaks Bascar and Jane for your advise and inputs, hope your hubby gets his visa application approved soon Bascar In shaa Allah and Jane ihope your hubby gets his ILR soon too.
It is like one wait after another, gather all paperwork, then you need to pass the English test and that takes approx 4-6 for the results to come online, then another 4-5 weeks for certificate then submit the application and wait forever lol British council need to speed their process across the country. I know i need to be positive but i pray that hubby passes he is trying so hard with revising and hopefully get the pass mark is 47, but you now when you are scared, anyone know how easy/hard this KET exam is?

Thankyou all next i will be asking about the paperwork and how to present it to the embassy i know i need to take one step at a time.
Hi Mrs Zayani...I can only go on what others have said, as at the time my husband took the IELTS test, which was slightly more difficult. From what I can gather A1 is perfectly achievable perhaps with a little study...so you'll have to give him homework...lol....I'm sure it'll be fine though.

You're right to take one thing at a time though, meanwhile there are plenty of threads on here giving you helpful tips on how to present the paperwork to the embassy....just be methodical about it. Best of luck.

bascar

When you say the pass mark is 45 for PET, what level does that give? A1?

Pass level for PET at ILR stage is 70/100. That gives B1...

45 marks on the PET gives an A2 Jane ... thats the lowest grade you can get with the PET .... but one level higher than the minimum requirement of A1 ....