Does anyone have anything supportive to say about young Tunisian men?

There are no guarantees in any relationship whether you are with an arabic guy or english guy....grab every second of happiness you can, keep your eyes open and don't put all your eggs in one basked too soon. I am with a tunisian guy who is younger than me he is not from a touristic area he has a very simple way of life and outlook which is so refreshing. Money is certainly not a driving force in our 2.5yr relationship, the love is. He is so caring, kind thoughtful and selfless,We have our moments like everyone else however, it takes much patience and understanding to be in a long distance relationship, but if its meant to be it will be......The love will conquer the obstacles and there will be many along the way!;)

Thankyou, yes very different situation, i am being very cautious, he is either a very very good actor or he is truthful! I am visiting again at the end of this month where we will have a week just me and him so I will see!
I do not feel attacked by your comments, i appreciate good advice, what I got before on the other site was basically ridicule!

Hi! I have been with my Tunisian fiancé for a year . We met on line and I have been to see him for quite a bit of time. He is the most loving and honest man I have ever met. I too heard all the horror stories and absolutely none apply to him. He has never asked for a thing. He tells me where he is at and what he's doing at all times as well as providing pics. I've gotten to know his best friends and his family as well. He sends me cards and gifts and whenever I am over there he always pays for everything. So in my experience, follow your heart!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Ah all these nice positive stories.

Thats all well and good.

Before you even worry about "is my man a rat" consider this.

You are entering into a relationship with someone thousands of miles away this will cost thousands possibly each year for the rest of your life.

If he is not able to support himself you are going to pay thousands of pounds in visa applications tests and flights before you even get him over here.

If you do not earn over 18,000 £ per year (maybe more after election) you might not be able to get him over here at all to life with you.

The culture is very different and most of the problems come when there are children.

If you break up he may want to go to Tunisia and give you stress about loosing your kids over there if he takes them so like others you don't let them go.

If he does not have any qualifications its not looking good for getting a job you will have a man to look after on your salary for a while.

etc etc.......

The you have the Tunisia specific issues of love rats which as others will say is a cottage industry. The best test of this is time and not paying money its Bezness so they have a time frame and others on the go so naturally your either a possible or a waste of time.

So if the first logistical issues don't phase you, you have money to burn and its love in your mind force yourself to take your sweet time and see if he waits for you and keeps up the good work.

marhaba

i am married to a tunisian. he was an animator when we met. he gave up his job 2 weeks into our relationship cos i asked him too. we have been married 3 and half years, we got together 5 and half years ago. We are finally happy over here living in the UK/Ireland.

In my opinion, watch for the signs as others have stated. they arent all the same. be on your guard and be careful xxx

Jellycat

i am married to a tunisian. he was an animator when we met. he gave up his job 2 weeks into our relationship cos i asked him too. we have been married 3 and half years, we got together 5 and half years ago. We are finally happy over here living in the UK/Ireland.

In my opinion, watch for the signs as others have stated. they arent all the same. be on your guard and be careful xxx

I'm pleased for you. I thought you broke up and was with an Indian.

marhaba

We did break up for a while hun. All sorted it out now have been for over a year now xx

marhaba

Thats why i said we got together 5 and half years ago, cause saying we been together that long would have been a lie hahaa!

I must point out we only split cause of me not cos of him lol xx

Jellycat

so was it easy getting the visa for him for Ireland?

kassie

I am so happy for you both! :) ....and no they are not all the same! I am one where "they are not" :rolleyes: I hope you continue to have a great and happy life...that is what we all want! Take care xxxxx

marhaba

so was it easy getting the visa for him for Ireland?
Yes and its guarenteed! that the Tunisian spouse can go aswell aslong as your married or can proove a 2 year durable relationship.

marhaba

I am so happy for you both! :) ....and no they are not all the same! I am one where "they are not" :rolleyes: I hope you continue to have a great and happy life...that is what we all want! Take care xxxxx
Thankyou very much. I mean we all make mistakes and learn from them. I married young and soon learnt where my priorities were. xxx

TunisianYankee

Ah all these nice positive stories.

Thats all well and good.

Before you even worry about "is my man a rat" consider this.

You are entering into a relationship with someone thousands of miles away this will cost thousands possibly each year for the rest of your life.

If he is not able to support himself you are going to pay thousands of pounds in visa applications tests and flights before you even get him over here.

If you do not earn over 18,000 £ per year (maybe more after election) you might not be able to get him over here at all to life with you.

The culture is very different and most of the problems come when there are children.

If you break up he may want to go to Tunisia and give you stress about loosing your kids over there if he takes them so like others you don't let them go.

If he does not have any qualifications its not looking good for getting a job you will have a man to look after on your salary for a while.

etc etc.......

The you have the Tunisia specific issues of love rats which as others will say is a cottage industry. The best test of this is time and not paying money its Bezness so they have a time frame and others on the go so naturally your either a possible or a waste of time.

So if the first logistical issues don't phase you, you have money to burn and its love in your mind force yourself to take your sweet time and see if he waits for you and keeps up the good work.
SO MUCH OF THIS^^^^ (although I didn't take long to marry him) I am absolutely CRAZY about my husband. He is a good man and we are a great match for each other. I have ZERO doubt that he is sincere and genuine...BUT just being sure that someone is a good person does not mean that you'll have a happy marriage. With intercultural couples, you have to be EXTRA willing to communicate and discuss everything because things that might seem obvious to you, might actually be the exact opposite for him! I made a post a while back where I listed all the things that my husband and I discussed prior to our marriage. Here's a link to it.... and I have no doubt that there are many more things that we SHOULD have discussed but didn't think to. http://www.tunisia.com/threads/a-few-things-that-you-should-know-about-before-marrying-a-tunisian-man.6106/page-29#post-310253

susie

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, I have recently returned from my first visit to Tunisia, sousse to be precise. I fell in love with the place.

I went with absolutely no expectations of meeting someone infact quite the opposite, but I did meet a guy. I am 27 and very independent and have my head screwed on tight! I am completely aware of the horror stories you hear about European girls and Tunisian men. Therefore on my return I did some research, and all I have come across is negativity, seriously are they all awful??? every one of them???

So far my man has not asked me for any money or gifts, he just wishes for me to return to see him, his English is not fantastic but we talk over skype on the webcam sometimes 3 times a day if we r both free (we both work) Several times we have had the LOVERAT discussion, to the point where we have both cried. I asked for advice on another forum and I felt like I was being ridiculed and taken the mic out of for even thinking about dating a Tunisian when what I really needed was bit of support.

I know alllll the negatives, but if you read enough, basically everything he does or doesnt do means hes a RAT!

So im asking if anyone has any good experience of young, tunisian men???????? or any advice for me??

and yes he is in animation!! lol
Hi am seeing a tunisian man he is 33 i am 52 we spoke on net for year then i went to vist him i am going again in 4 weeks we also talked bout him being a love rat but he said no way he not asked for money presents nothing just for him to be with me in uk or tunisia and he works in a resturant so i to would like advice

mrsmannai

Hi am seeing a tunisian man he is 33 i am 52 we spoke on net for year then i went to vist him i am going again in 4 weeks we also talked bout him being a love rat but he said no way he not asked for money presents nothing just for him to be with me in uk or tunisia and he works in a resturant so i to would like advice
salaam :) then my advice for you would be: tell him that you would love staying with him in tunisia, be demanding like tunisian womans(ment in the positive way !) and when u say never asked anything, i nhope not even 1 dinar for coffe, or accomodation, and if your answer is, u spend time with him in his family home, well, forget him. i guess u close to his mom in age, and it is not acceptablesorry to say it, but it does not smell good. when tht said, the best of luck, and god bless

gem15

Just read all the replies to this thread as it will be all the advice you need.

Jane BM

Plenty of threads here to help you....just because he's not asked for anything yet doesn't really mean anything to be honest. Just keep your wits about you....

curly

I agree with the above, read all you can, my story is very different yours so I can't compare x

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi susie welcome to t.com. Firstly a 33 year old man working in a restaurant probably couldn't afford a Tunisian bride, he wouldn't be able to provide her with what is expected which is why they troll the net! Take it slow and see it for what it is. You will be the escape to a better life for him and his family.

Jolie Madame

I'm married to a Tunisian man and younger than me.
I started coming to Tunisia over 10 yrs ago for various reasons and nothing to do with looking for a man!
I met a Tunisian in a London and we stayed together for 7yrs but I gave him the push as he didn't want the same things as me.
He never cheated on me but was a lazy devil.
His brothers live in London too and have made good lives for themselves. One married a European and the other a Tunisian.
I've seen many women fall foul of the beeziness man in Tunisia and took me several years to even go for coffee with my husband. The main issue was age difference, trust and the overall reputation of them all.
He has turned out to be a good one so far. Works hard at a crap job as it's all he can find at the moment, but he's trying! I told him from day one, I'm not rich and I work hard, I earn decent money but I support my child and like a standard of living. I will not live with your family but will be happy to spend time with them. I am not a cash cow and if you think I am you will be very disappointed and humiliated with your friends.
I have stuck to my guns but pay my share of our rented appt and he pays for the utilities because he's here more than me.
I was strict and straight!
Marriage is a business and not just love.
He does everything for me when I'm in Tunisia and he's my best friend. We read each other's minds and for now I'm happy.
His family have been welcoming but I can't trust some of them. We caught his sister looking in my bag at Christmas to see how much money I had.
I heard it unzip and told my daughter to quickly go see what she was doing. The Madame came out clutching 20tdn in her mits! But tried to hide it.
I didn't tell my husband at first as bloods often thicker than water, but did so recently. To my surprise he was supportive and told me he was changing to locks on our bedroom door at the mothers house and it would stay locked.
The elder brother is obsessed by money and jealous as anything. When I'm in town the calls start re the issues with the family and lack of money from him or the sister. They get nothing from me. I've told my husband it's no coincidence, they just assume Madame Barcha flouss is here and will help them lol.
We talked a lot of things through after that came to light, which has made us even closer.
Be careful, take your time, have fun but keep your heart and your wallet firmly closed until you know more.
These guys are very clever and will spend months grooming a victim. Sometimes the whole Family get involved, don't close your mind to anything!

Last edited:

Jane BM

I'm married to a Tunisian man and younger than me.
I started coming to Tunisia over 10 yrs ago for various reasons and nothing to do with looking for a man!
I met a Tunisian in a London and we stayed together for 7yrs but I gave him the push as he didn't want the same things as me.
He never cheated on me but was a lazy devil.
His brothers live in London too and have made good lives for themselves. One married a European and the other a Tunisian.
I've seen many women fall foul of the beeziness man in Tunisia and took me several years to even go for coffee with my husband. The main issue was age difference, trust and the overall reputation of them all.
He has turned out to be a good one so far. Works hard at a crap job as it's all he can find at the moment, but he's trying! I told him from day one, I'm not rich and I work hard, I earn decent money but I support my child and like a standard of living. I will not live with your family but will be happy to spend time with them. I am not a cash cow and if you think I am you will be very disappointed and humiliated with your friends.
I have stuck to my guns but pay my share of our rented appt and he pays for the utilities because he's here more than me.
I was strict and straight!
Marriage is a business and not just love.
He does everything for me when I'm in Tunisia and he's my best friend. We read each other's minds and for now I'm happy.
His family have been welcoming but I can't trust some of them. We caught his sister looking in my bag at Christmas to see how much money I had.
I heard it unzip and told my daughter to quickly go see what she was doing. The Madame came out clutching 20tdn in her mits! But tried to hide it.
I didn't tell my husband at first as bloods often thicker than water, but did so recently. To my surprise he was supportive and told me he was changing to locks on our bedroom door at the mothers house and it would stay locked.
The elder brother is obsessed by money and jealous as anything. When I'm in town the calls start re the issues with the family and lack of money from him or the sister. They get nothing from me. I've told my husband it's no coincidence, they just assume Madame Barcha flouss is here and will help them lol.
We talked a lot of things through after that came to light, which has made us even closer.
Be careful, take your time, have fun but keep your heart and your wallet firmly closed until you know more.
These guys are very clever and will spend months grooming a victim. Sometimes the whole Family get involved, don't close your mind to anything!
Very interesting. I'm assuming your husband lives with you now?