Eating out in Tunisia

tater03

I was wondering what the general cost of a meal is in Tunisia? I am not looking for gourmet meals just your average meal and the price. Thank you.

ammulu

Heard that the general cost for food in Tunisia is pretty less in the US dollars. The cost might range from $10-20 per person. The groceries and other house hold items seem to be pretty less.

kellyc

Hi

Hi Tater

An average price is 10 dinar - 20 dinar. When in Tunis shopping we often pop in to a restaurant and have a huge meal that includes, chicken, pasta, salad, chips and bread costing 10 dinar for 2 people.

If you are in a tourist resort such as Kantiaou then you can pay from 15 dinar upwards - depends on location.

lynsey:o)

i find Tunisia really cheap to eat out, me and my fiancee stay in Sousse and we go to Planet Food alot and for a meal each and a 2 litre bottle of coke it costs us about 12 dinar max but he has mixed grill and i have steak, both with rice, chips and salad, bread is given with dips :)

Hope this helps :)

catwoman1

I agree with Planet Food! Mmmm the best food, chicken lasagne is to die for, last time there were 9 of us there and we paid 45 Dinar for us all!!

Planet food is the best, if we dont go in and sit down for food he goes and brings it back to the apartment/hotel we are staying at for me along with a rose, sooo sweet :)

i think their mayonaise is to die for, the best i have ever tasted lol

When i went in March 9 of us went, we all had a started, main and 5 had desert with 4 2ltr bottles of coke and some had side portions of chios and i dont think we paid 45 dinar.

Its the best food for less price - i would recomment planet food to anyone :)

catwoman1

Totally agree the have never tasted such great mayo anywhere! I could just sit there and eat that with the great bread!

beenthere

mmm planet food, but the prices have gone up. used to get the grill for 5 dinars now its 7, i think. used to eat four of us, plus cokes and water, salad for 25 tops, last time i went, two grills, a coke and water with salad was 24.:( but still the best food for the money:) oh im hungry now!

Totally agree the have never tasted such great mayo anywhere! I could just sit there and eat that with the great bread!

same here, when im in Sousse nbext time we will have to meat up and while our partners indulge in lots of food we can have the best mayo in the world and best bread to :) x

catwoman1

Thats a promise! He never gets a look in at the mayo anyway, knows better than try to pry it away from me lol! x

Black Mamba

Cheap and better quality than other"popular destination"

SilverMoonlight

These prices sound really interesting! I hope the quality of the food is as good too!!!

Essem

Staff member
If you're in Monastir, try Le Pirate, very famous fish restaurant down at the port (not the imitation of it about 5 mins along the coast) this is right in the harbour. Set menu and last time I was there it was 25 dinars per person. No alcohol. So much food it was unbeliveable about 5/6 courses. If you're a fish lover, you just have to visit this one! Highly recommended. (it's best to pre-book to ensure a table). The address is Porte de Peche, and the telephone number is 73468126.

Tunisianbelle

If you're in Monastir, try Le Pirate, very famous fish restaurant down at the port (not the imitation of it about 5 mins along the coast) this is right in the harbour. Set menu and last time I was there it was 25 dinars per person. No alcohol. So much food it was unbeliveable about 5/6 courses. If you're a fish lover, you just have to visit this one! Highly recommended. (it's best to pre-book to ensure a table). The address is Porte de Peche, and the telephone number is 73468126.
We go there often. Very delicious! During the week you won't have a hard time finding a table, but weekends can get pretty crowded. They have a nice waiting area though, and it's kinda nice to sit in the open breeze.

MM4AS

where in sousse is planet food? I've been to a few good restaurants, but not sure of the names of most of them

G

ghiloufi

i was wondering what the general cost of a meal is in tunisia? I am not looking for gourmet meals just your average meal and the price. Thank you.
it usualy cost arround 5$

Tunisianbelle

where in sousse is planet food? I've been to a few good restaurants, but not sure of the names of most of them
It's near the corniche. Close to the Abou Nawas hotel.

G

ghiloufi

Food in tunisia is very cheap you can get a wrap for 2$

catwoman1

Planet food is accross the road from the back of El Hana Beach Hotel, mmm can taste that mayo now - Im on a diet though!!!!!!

janette b

does anyone know of a chinese or indian close to sousse ?