Eating out in Tunisia

C

Cas

Indian Restaurant

Hi there, yes there is an Indian Restaurant by the gates of the Tour Khalef hotel in Sousse, right across from The Slim Centre. A guy from Leicester opened it a couple of years ago. Haven`t tried it but Leicester has a great reputation for Indian food.

janette b

you are right about leicester heading there tomorrow after i land in london, cant wait fro the best adn hottest curry ever.... at least a vindaloo or madras then maybe hotter after that.... thanks will try that indian the day i come back.

Essem

Staff member
Hi guys

Have a quick look at the remarks already on here under 'Indian' in this, the restaurants section.

Look like the Indian has closed down - didn't have very good reports!

FoxyRoxie89

mmmm

Hoping to go to sousse soon, now I cant wait to go to planet food :D

Trulymadlydeeply

We ate in a restaurant last week beautiful food and service but I can't remember the name....Petit something???? Was quite expensive 130TD for 2 adults and a child. I will find out the name because I can highly recommend it.

Stew4x4

Can't be healthy if it tastes that good, willing to give it a try though...lol

Trulymadlydeeply

LOL, I was on holiday, healthy takes a back seat ;)

doofus

i find Tunisia really cheap to eat out, me and my fiancee stay in Sousse and we go to Planet Food alot and for a meal each and a 2 litre bottle of coke it costs us about 12 dinar max but he has mixed grill and i have steak, both with rice, chips and salad, bread is given with dips :)

Hope this helps :)
I wonder if those prices are still current? Any idea?

Pete

C

Cas

Planet food gone up a little since then I noticed last week when walking past. For great food, catering mainly to local crowd try Restaurant Nejma atfter Monaprix in Hammam Sousse, can walk from most of Sousse Hotels or few diner taxi,
Chorba (soup) platters of olives,dips,breads,etc salads, fries,mains eg, escalope of turkey in fantastic lemon or mushroom sauce, cous cous with lamb, chicken, grilled fish, pizza, pasta, grilled lamb all for around 5 or 6 TD Also similar menu at Delicieux in H.Sousse. Both great places for Tunisian food. There are photos of dishes at the restaurants on Restaurant Threads.

doofus

Planet food gone up a little since then I noticed last week when walking past. For great food, catering mainly to local crowd try Restaurant Nejma atfter Monaprix in Hammam Sousse, can walk from most of Sousse Hotels or few diner taxi,
Chorba (soup) platters of olives,dips,breads,etc salads, fries,mains eg, escalope of turkey in fantastic lemon or mushroom sauce, cous cous with lamb, chicken, grilled fish, pizza, pasta, grilled lamb all for around 5 or 6 TD Also similar menu at Delicieux in H.Sousse. Both great places for Tunisian food. There are photos of dishes at the restaurants on Restaurant Threads.
Now they sound like my sort of places. Sadly, we will be staying at the Royal Salem. Can we walk it from there? I don't know where Hammam Sousse is. Thanks, Pete

C

Cas

Pete, it is not as far for you as from where we stay, just along main road, the Boulevard away from downtown Sousse, keep going past Clinic L`Oliviers, Cafe L`EMERAUDE both on otherside of road, as good shop you pass has several artificial palm and a blosson tree outside your daughter may like this, there is or was last week a large crane working on a new building, you are soon up to roundabout, cross at Monoprix supermarket, has bricked up windows from the Revolution but is fully open. Walk down and you come to first cafe Nejma, the other one is down the road inland back from the first roundabout you passed, straight up about 10min walk and on other side of road before you reach the main road. I think this is slightly better in fact food is excellent, but I wouldn`t say no to either. Wish they were in our home town lol.

C

Cas

Perhaps a good choice next door but one to Planet Food is a great little cafe bar on the left tables to the right stairs as you walk in. Chicken Sandwich with fries about 2.5-3TD
Tell them how much Harrisa you want. Other dishes good as well, I have had feed back from all my family members on several places in case you think all we do is nosh lol. We usually travel all over

alex35

I am off to PEK for a week in August can anyone suggest some nice resturants to go to for me and my daughter and partner,also not to expensive to eat at either and also is there a supermarket near the marina to get the basics for food and drink?

KheeKhee

I am off to PEK for a week in August can anyone suggest some nice resturants to go to for me and my daughter and partner,also not to expensive to eat at either and also is there a supermarket near the marina to get the basics for food and drink?
Lots of nice restaurants to choose from...take your pick... yes there are several supermarkets near the marina, for the basics and very inexpensive:)

Aslemma

You will notice that most of the restaurants have the menu and prices showing outside so you won't get any nasty surprises,

caveatemptor

You will notice that most of the restaurants have the menu and prices showing outside so you won't get any nasty surprises,
There are two supermarkets that I use in PEK, Magazin General for beer and wine, but you can also get general groceries there at reasonable prices. and Big Supermarket for possibly the best baguettes in the area, fresh baked all for the price of 200 millem. As for restaurants, there are some good ones, maybe a bit pretentious for the service they give, but for lunch I would recommend Les Oliviers which is just past the arch on the right hand side. If you fancy a beer avoid the ones that only sell non-alcoholic stuff, you can tell them because they don`t have wine on the menu.