Employment documents for the applicant

Aysha

Hi Guys

I am aware that for a spouse visa they need to see employment documents for the applicant but as this is for a spouse visa will my husband need to show permission to leave Tunisia? on the website its says to 'confirm that you have been given time off and if this is paid or unpaid' but how does that work for a spouse visa ? He is a National Gaurd rules are different but we are not sure if he needs permission from his employer for this application, he did for the Visit Visa but that had a fixed period for his return

confused!!!

any help appreciated :(

DARK ANGEL

I think he need permission from his employer to leave Tunisia because he works for national institution!You talk about spouse visa , so he think to come live with you ?what about his job , his engagement with the interior ministry?I know after the rules many rules have been changed but this still a very interesting point too!

Last edited:

Jane BM

For a spouse visa they don't need to show anything to be honest about their employment, except perhaps what they've done, where etc etc....because ultimately they won't be working there any more so it's kind of irrelevant. The onus is on you as the sponsor...as you'll be providing for him till he finds work here.

All his employment details will show is that he's capable of holding down a decent job and working, so goes towards showing his motives are genuine!! X

Aysha

I think he need permission from his employer to leave Tunisia because he works for national institution!You talk about spouse visa , so he think to come live with you ?what about his job , his engagement with the interior ministry?I know after the rules many rules have been changed but this still a very interesting point too!
Hi DARK ANGEL

We waited 3 months whilst they did checks on me and then got permission from the Ministry of Interior to marry and we have the stamps on our marriage certificate from them as approval so as far as our future is concerned they know fully well that I am British Citizen.

and as for leaving the country if he does then he will get permission for the interior to let him out the Borders of Tunisia but that is after the Visa is granted.. I am asking if the Embassy require any sort of Permission

Last edited:

robynnehm

Ok here I am again... thank the good lord for this site and everyone's patience!! Haha
Ok so hubby has had jobs before bit currently isnt working at the moment the hotel he used to work at won't give him his paper work from when he worked there and a so called 'friend' has ruined his chances of getting his teaching employment history... not he can get proof of working in the supermarket but he says it will take a long time... now we want to submit the visa on the 18th if we can... provided he passes his a1! If he doesn't have employment history or a lot of it is that going to go against our visa? As he has covered in his cover letter that he's not able to get proof of that. Can any one help here please. I understand that obviously it's down to me to provide for him while he looks for work which is not a problem... of course, but he wants to work asap when he gets here.... x

Jane BM

No it doesn't really make much difference to your visa application to be honest, the onus is on you to support him. Obviously whatever you've got to show his good character is always going to be a bonus, but it's not necessary to show his past employment. Many of them have seasonal work so aren't working all of the time. X

robynnehm

Thanks so much Jane BM. Also thecover letter on the visa thread that I think kris put on is that still the best way to write it as I've written it but not down it quite like that but if it is I shall change it. Thanks... The letter example is like 3 years old x