English Speaking Schools

gem15

ah, the major problem is that we don't have Tunisian ambassy in Croatia so I have to do everything myself, I feel like walking in the dark..
You go to the Croatian embassy here in tunisia and ask them for the education paperwork.

Trulymadlydeeply

Do you have anyone in Tunisia that could help you maybe make the enquiries?

Essem

Staff member
Hi Alex

Found this that might be on help to you:
Tunisian Consulate in Zagreb, Croatia
Iblerov trg 9
10 000 Zagreb
Croatia
Telephone (+385) 98 708 564

Zoran Antunović, Consul

Also

was googling Croatian Embassy in Tunisia brings up the following but surely it's not located in Jakarta??

Croatia Embassy , Tunisia
Menara Mulia-Suite 2801, Jl. Gatot Subroto Kav. 9-11
Jakarta
Indonesia
Phone:
+62-21-525-7822
+62-21-525-7611
Fax:
+62-21-520-4073
Email:
[email protected]

Hi Alex

Found this that might be on help to you:
Tunisian Consulate in Zagreb, Croatia
Iblerov trg 9
10 000 Zagreb
Croatia
Teleph
Zoran Antunović, Consul
Also
was googling Croatian Embassy in Tunisia brings up the following but surely it's not located in Jakarta??
Croatia Embassy , Tunisia
Menara Mulia-Suite 2801, Jl. Gatot Subroto Kav. 9-11
Jakarta
Indonesia
Phone:
+62-21-525-7822
+62-21-525-7611
Fax:
+62-21-520-4073
Email:
[email protected]

No, I already called him several times, the guy is honorable consul and he told me honestly that he doesn't know anything about Tunisia or how to live there or get visa, he said he is consul just because he has 10 friends in Tunisia?!?!?!?!
he told me that I should ask in ambassy in Austria, that requirements are probably the same?!?! I mean wtf, what kind of answer is that?
And than he asked me how many times have I been to Tunisia. I told him. Than he said that I know more about Tunisia than him :(

You go to the Croatian embassy here in tunisia and ask them for the education paperwork.
Can't you see.. I tried to find one but there is none.
thank you all for trying to help, I sent questions to ambassy in Austria, but Austria is totally different country, I don't even speak their language (German), so we will see about that

Do you have anyone in Tunisia that could help you maybe make the enquiries?
well, I do, I don't like to bother anybody.. I like to do things myself. My friend is also trying to collect some information, yes... but we are all focused on school first

Essem

Staff member
thank you all for trying to help, I sent questions to ambassy in Austria, but Austria is totally different country, I don't even speak their language (German), so we will see about that
If you haven't already done so, maybe worth emailing the Croatian Embassy for Tunis in Jakarta - I cannot figure that one out!!!

[email protected]

will keep searching for you.

Essem

Staff member
No, I already called him several times, the guy is honorable consul and he told me honestly that he doesn't know anything about Tunisia or how to live there or get visa, he said he is consul just because he has 10 friends in Tunisia?!?!?!?!
he told me that I should ask in ambassy in Austria, that requirements are probably the same?!?! I mean wtf, what kind of answer is that?
And than he asked me how many times have I been to Tunisia. I told him. Than he said that I know more about Tunisia than him :(

How bizarre!

Wonder if he's on a salary??

How bizarre!

Wonder if he's on a salary??
I asked him that and I asked him what does he exactly do??!!
He said he doesn't get paid
and that he doesn't do anything, he is decoration I guess... if maybe somebody from Tunisian politics come in Croatia he will have dinner with them, I guess....
Maybe I should sign up for the job lol

Jane BM

well, I do, I don't like to bother anybody.. I like to do things myself. My friend is also trying to collect some information, yes... but we are all focused on school first
Alex, surely something as important as your sons education is worth accepting help from people who are actually residing in the country already....it's going to be far easier for them to garner information about schooling purely logistically....there is only so much you can do from another country...

My suggestion would be, if you're planning on going there to live permanently next year anyway, maybe worthwhile going out again and visiting the different areas yourself and making face to face enquiries with the local authorities when you're there.

Essem

Staff member
Conflicting info on this site:

• Croatia is represented in Tunisia through its embassy in Rabat (Morocco) and an honorary consulate in Tunis.
  • Tunisia is represented in Croatia through its embassy in Vienna (Austria) and an honorary consulate in Zagreb.
  • Both countries are full members of the Union for the Mediterranean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_Tunisia

Alex, surely something as important as your sons education is worth accepting help from people who are actually residing in the country already....it's going to be far easier for them to garner information about schooling purely logistically....there is only so much you can do from another country...

My suggestion would be, if you're planning on going there to live permanently next year anyway, maybe worthwhile going out again and visiting the different areas yourself and making face to face enquiries with the local authorities when you're there.
Yes, I was already twice in 2 months this year there but during summer and will come in October again, I couldn't gather information than because schools don't work than, so I will have to do it in October... but I want to see where to go to, what papers to bring since I'm already there etc... to arrange meetings and to do as much as possible while I'm there, of course.

gem15

what u actually said u cant find a tunisian embassy in croatia!!!

ROULLA

Hi everybody, I need help.

My son is 8 years old, he speaks English, is not his first language (we're from Croatia) but he is very very good at it (writting and speaking)
We are planning to move to Tunisia next year, I am a single mother and will start a small business in Tunisia. I have to get him to school, of course. What do you think would be the best thing for him?
Should I pay some private school? He doesn't speak French or Arabic at all.
Do you think there is any financial support possible for us (for school)?

Thank you for your reply
Hi Alex and welcome to the forum! Where abouts in Tunisia are you planning on moving to that way we have a better picture of where you will be living and maybe able to help you more. You wrote in your post asking if there is any financial support which is a bit odd unless you have not been to Tunisia before but then again surely you would not be thinking of moving to another country before even visiting and the answer to that question is simply NO you will not get any kind of financial support anywhere in Tunisia. There are many people who live in Tunisia without support and they are themselves Tunisian. As for learning to speak French or Arabic I think that as he is so young he will pick the language up very quick as most youngster do. Anyway let us know the area that you will be staying and then we will be able to help you a little bit better.
Tunisian Consulate General in Zagreb, Croatia Consulate General of Tunisia in Croatia
Iblerov trg 9
Zagreb, Croatia
Tel.: +385-1-4615068
Fax: +385-1-4619566

ROULLA

Hi everybody, I need help.

My son is 8 years old, he speaks English, is not his first language (we're from Croatia) but he is very very good at it (writting and speaking)
We are planning to move to Tunisia next year, I am a single mother and will start a small business in Tunisia. I have to get him to school, of course. What do you think would be the best thing for him?
Should I pay some private school? He doesn't speak French or Arabic at all.
Do you think there is any financial support possible for us (for school)?

Thank you for your reply
Hi Alex and welcome to the forum! Where abouts in Tunisia are you planning on moving to that way we have a better picture of where you will be living and maybe able to help you more. You wrote in your post asking if there is any financial support which is a bit odd unless you have not been to Tunisia before but then again surely you would not be thinking of moving to another country before even visiting and the answer to that question is simply NO you will not get any kind of financial support anywhere in Tunisia. There are many people who live in Tunisia without support and they are themselves Tunisian. As for learning to speak French or Arabic I think that as he is so young he will pick the language up very quick as most youngster do. Anyway let us know the area that you will be staying and then we will be able to help you a little bit better.

Tunisian Consulate General in Zagreb, Croatia Consulate General of Tunisia in Croatia
Iblerov trg 9
Zagreb, Croatia
Tel.: +385-1-4615068
Fax: +385-1-4619566
Thank you!
I see you didn't read poss we wrote before, but thank you :)

Essem

Staff member
Hi Alex
Might be worth contacting.

Croatian Embassy in Rabat, Morocco
Embassy of the Republic of Croatia in Rabat, Morocco
73, rue Marnissa
Rabat (Souissi), Morocco
  • City: Rabat
    Phone: 00212 37 638 824
    Fax: 00212 37 638 827
    Email: [email protected]
    Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-16:30
    Details: Covers Tunisia, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Mali, Maurita, Cote d'Ivoire
Source: http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-in/morocco

THANK YOU!!! I will contact them right away
P.S.: Isn't it at least weird- the situation with our dipomacy? I mean- come on, we have at least 2,3 charters full of Croats coming to Tunisia every week, and that honoured consul guy? wtf...