English Test to come to the UK

Mrs K

Hi, my husband is looking to do his English test in preparation for his visa application, what test have others done? My Immigration Lawyer has said the IELTS test, which when I looked it says the IELTS Life Skills at A1 Level, which seems to be a relatively new test, has anyone else done this? Just wondered how they found it. His English is very good, spelling not so much but is improving with my help :) xx

scotty_bambam

Hi, my husband is looking to do his English test in preparation for his visa application, what test have others done? My Immigration Lawyer has said the IELTS test, which when I looked it says the IELTS Life Skills at A1 Level, which seems to be a relatively new test, has anyone else done this? Just wondered how they found it. His English is very good, spelling not so much but is improving with my help :) xx
My husband did the a1 speaking and listening test(ielts) in July after only 2 months at English school.. Hr said it wax very easy.

Mrs K

My husband did the a1 speaking and listening test(ielts) in July after only 2 months at English school.. Hr said it wax very easy.
where did he do his study if you dont mind me asking? x

Yara M

Spelling is not important as he's not supposed to write and I advise you to look at videos on YouTube, just type "A1 level english tests" and they help a lot.

robynnehm

What score do candidates have to get to pass? X is it 45? And is it out of 100?? X for the a1 x

Yara M

A1 is without score it's either pass or fail

robynnehm

Ahh ok butis there a certain amount they need to do?? He's worried.haha but practicing om his phone so can't jot notes on the question so should be easier for him the actual exam.x

scotty_bambam

Ahh ok butis there a certain amount they need to do?? He's worried.haha but practicing om his phone so can't jot notes on the question so should be easier for him the actual exam.x
Honestly.its a really easy exam

Yara M

It's an easy exam and the examiner asks simple questions just to see if he's able to communicate

robynnehm

And the listening one I presume will be easier in the actual exam so he can write notes on his question paper rather than having to squint and struggle on his little iPhone screen!! X

Yara M

He has to listen to two short records and will be asked a general question to one of these records. Then before listening to the records again the examiner gives him the second question. And he will be given pen and paper to write down whatever he wants.

scotty_bambam

My husband found the listening slightly more difficult..he always complains that I talk too fast.he says I'm like " waa waa waa". Lol

robynnehm

Haha yea i think that's what will happen with hubby!! He says me and mum speak too fast haha but when I speak with him I think I slow downx

scotty_bambam

Well last night on I'm a celeb I was listening to Vicky Patterson talking very fast with strong Geordie accent.I couldn't understand anything except first and last word so I imagine that's what its like for him.when did you get married? Your PIC is lovely ,but can you turn it round? Lol cos every time I turn my phone round to look at it my phone rotates the screen.lol.

robynnehm

Haha well I'm like that with her all the time hha weyyy ayeee haha
I git married last Tuesday... I don't know how to change it round haha otherwise I would haha sorry x x if anyone can help with that I'd be welcome to advice x

robynnehm

And thanks im so happy with the photos we had done x. X

kalie

Haha well I'm like that with her all the time hha weyyy ayeee haha
I git married last Tuesday... I don't know how to change it round haha otherwise I would haha sorry x x if anyone can help with that I'd be welcome to advice x
Congratulations robynnehm xxxxxxx

annie

Congratulations Robynnehm xx

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations xx