English Test to come to the UK

robynnehm

Thankyou everyone!! I couldn't have done it without all if your help!!! You're all amazingx x

robynnehm

Just a quick question.... hubby has been practicing and has printed off the question papers and there's a page with the conversations from the listening test... now he's wondering that if you can print it off woth the practice will they provide that sheet in the exam? As surely if he is good at reading he can find the answers and draw a line under then then transfer them onto the answer sheet in the last 10 mins x help please x. X he's getting worried x never sen him so stressed x

scotty_bambam

I'm too thick to get what you mean, but just want to say my hubby didn't do any of that,he still gets her and she mixed up,and he passed.stop stressing.

Yara M

I didn't get you but they give him a white paper and a pencil. Tell him not to worry, I worried so much on day of the exam even though I'm an English teacher but it's just the fact that people make it seem to be so hard. Tell him it's so easy, he will even find himself talking better than some workers there ( apart from the examiners of course )

robynnehm

Thankyou everyone x x x x

Yara M

By the way something that gives a good impression at first, he will be asked where are you from and he should give a very small definition about the city he lives in. I remember I was asked this question and I said from Sfax which is an industrial city and the capital of the south and the examiner liked the answer. The first impression can never be changed, and remind him to keep eye contact, if you want some video links I can provide you with.

robynnehm

Oh wow ok... thanks so much... I dony thunk gabes is really famous for anything tbh but ill get him to chat with his dad about that! X brilliant x yes the links would be amazing if you could please? X

robynnehm

I'll tell him to take about matmata... The village in the mountains... where the town is built from the mountains... and stars wars was filmed there!!! X

Yara M

You're welcome robynnem, he has to mention Only a small sentence about his city and he doesn't have to make it so long because he might be asked later to describe it. and here are the links :
In the second video involves a native speaker conversation and believe me it helps a loooot :
And the girl in the third video helps a lot:

Yara M

A sample of the listening:

robynnehm

Wow amazing x x thanks x

Mrs K

robynnehm

Yes he's been using these that's why I asked because the test papers provide him with a sheet woth the conversations on that they listen to... now if they have that in the test..m he can be reading that whole listening and marking the answers for him to add to the answer paper in the 10 mins they get at the end. He finds them easy... just the last few he misses some answers x he's worried about that x

Mrs K

Yes he's been using these that's why I asked because the test papers provide him with a sheet woth the conversations on that they listen to... now if they have that in the test..m he can be reading that whole listening and marking the answers for him to add to the answer paper in the 10 mins they get at the end. He finds them easy... just the last few he misses some answers x he's worried about that x
hes probably just panicking, i'm sure he will be fine, i've been told by people who have taken the test that they cant believe how easy it was and that they were worrying for nothing, but i guess everyone is different. Good luck with it all x

robynnehm

Thankyou x x will let you all know when he gets his results x x

Pattia86

Hi robynne plz did your husband get his result?

robynnehm

He did and he passed!!! I was just going to post!! Thanks so much for asking!! We're well on the way now!!! X x ive been at a wedding all day here in the uk so he text me asking if he could call... luckily we were still in the ready room.. so I called him and he told me... The only time I've cried all day ahha x x he was really worried!! X x just go in with an open mind is what I can offer as advice for the test x

Mrs K

He did and he passed!!! I was just going to post!! Thanks so much for asking!! We're well on the way now!!! X x ive been at a wedding all day here in the uk so he text me asking if he could call... luckily we were still in the ready room.. so I called him and he told me... The only time I've cried all day ahha x x he was really worried!! X x just go in with an open mind is what I can offer as advice for the test x
Ahh so pleased he passed, my husband will be doing his soon xx

scotty_bambam

See? Told u It was was easy.x

Pattia86

Congratulation happy for you did he collect it in person ?